2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Great Bang for the Buck
By muthagoose on 07/06/11 18:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 2004 Saturn VUE AWD to make room for 3rd carseat and needed 3rd row. Also test drove Acadia,Enclave,Explorer,Pilot, and Highlander. Narrowed our choice between Highlander and Traverse. Both had very good ride and comfort, but Traverse won out primarily on room behind 3rd row (could not fit golf bag or stroller in Highlander if 3rd row up). Insisted on 2nd row captain's chairs for easier access to 3rd row (Pilot does not have this option). Would recommend captain's chairs if you plan on puting carseats in 2nd row, otherwise access to third row difficult. Almost have 1K miles on it and love it. Great get up & go when I need to pass someone. Very Happy so far.

Seat belt trouble
By cmca on 06/27/11 12:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Has anyone else had problems with the seat belt in the middle row breaking. After only 63,000 miles on my 2009 traverse, the seat belt broke. Chevy won't fix cause it is out of warranty. what kind of seat belt breaks with only 63,000 miles on a car. Glad I was not in a wreck!!!

Excellent Choice
By pzambrano on 06/14/11 15:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a truck to replace my 1999 Suburban 2500. This truck was an excellent choice, we can still pull our 23 foot boat with ease.

Auto Transmission a potential death trap
By plumbobby0 on 05/28/11 23:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been subjected to a unexpected scare in my Traverse and wonder if anyone had the same fate. On accelerating to overtake there was a multiple shift of the gears (at least 2 back) which caused the motor to hesitate and put me in a precarious position of slowing down instead of speeding up to pass other vehicles. I have possessed a Cadillac SRX 2011 that had the same problem so I assume the the problem is in the transmission as both vehicles have the 6 speed auto tranny. I would be interested in hearing from other owners with same or similar problem

So Far....So GREAT!
By tgil on 05/01/11 11:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Looked long and hard at many midsize SUV's after the desire to step up from a minivan. Settled on the Traverse and no regrets after 15months.

If You Have 3 or More Children, Read On ....
By massmanboston on 03/20/11 09:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very few choices when looking for 3 rows AND reasonable cargo room and you can't/don't want to own an Expedition/Escalade/Armada, etc. The Traverse is your best choice for ride comfort, roominess, good looks, and features that come close to being worth the price. Choose your options carefully and don't be fooled into paying more than 500-600 over invoice max. If you do your homework and want to spend $35K or less, this is the vehicle for you and you have 3+ kids. Great for the car pool, tailgating, long rides (although mileage kind of sucks), and trips to Lowes. Best options are on LT1 are Bluetooth, sunroof, and heated seats if you can find one that has it. Overall, very well-plsd w/T1 trim

Very good vehicle
By ktflorida on 02/06/11 13:39 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 FWD LTZ Traverse - traded in an '07 Escalade for better MPG and interior design. I love being able to go from cargo hauling to 6 or 7 passengers without picking up 50 lb seats (like I had to in the Escalade). Power is good, LTZ has all the comforts (DVD, heated/cooled seats, bluetooth, ipod integration, etc.). Recently got 22 mpg on a 600 mile trip with 5 passengers and luggage. This is a very good vehicle.

Poor Fuel Mileage
By oldturtle1 on 01/26/11 22:09 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a Certified Energy Conservation Driving Instructor and only able to coax out 20.1 mpg on a 600+ mile highway trip on a vehicle that is rated at 23MPG and should get upwards if 24-25 with good driving practices... Calling GM and taking to the dealer provided no relief or answers.

Very unhappy
By captain128 on 01/12/11 17:03 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my first brand new car two months ago. First the dealer pushed me into this vehicle by lieing that it is like the tahoe. I am only getting 11 miles per gallon and filling up every 175 miles. The traverse in my eye is junk. I read about all the good things but i am a real person and hate every part of it. I am now stuck with it. I am very unhappy with GM. I think they need back the customer 60 day money back they would if they are selling the best.

surprised
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

have a LT1 awd with the red pearl package. Comfortable ride, though can be a bit too firm if you have 20 inch wheels. Spacious, well thought out layout by GM on this one. Like the ability to lay 2 and 3 rows completely flat. Rear DVD was a surprise...great picture quality. Bose audio is very sharp and concert like. Gas mileage is expectedly not as great as a full size car. I get about 20 miles on average. The six speed transmission is good, though hesitant at times and tends to stay in the higher gears longer than it should, but great at relatively brisk starts. Overall, a serious contender for the import crossover market.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$125 per month*