2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Good for the family of 5
By tabithaj on 07/02/13 17:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine since June, I bought it used with 33k miles on it. Its been amazing, we replaced our Chevy Equinox for the 3rd row and I have to say that I am really happy with it. No problems other than the dealer not fixing the breaks before the car was given to me like they said but I got it from AutoNation so I just took it to another dealer and they did it for free... I think they could have added a few more perks for the car, made the cup holders about an inch back from the AC plug and maybe put a few extra ones in the 2nd and third row but overall its a great car!!!!

Cheaply assembled, Money Pit.
By nathanrobert on 05/14/13 06:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought in July of 2010. We're at 50K miles now. Problems we've had that aren't normal wear-and-tear include: Interior and exterior parts snapping out of place too easily. "Service Stabilitrak" malfunction. Car stalls and reduces engine power unexpectly, Has happened numerous times even after being serviced. Very frustating issue. Cracked engine mount. Bearing failure with the steering column. AC non-funcitioning two springs in a row. Gas mileage has been unwhelming, that's was expected as we do mostly city driving. Car is decent when things are working, but overall, it's just bee a money pit with too many headaches for what was a brand new car when we purchased.

2011 traverse
By marv17 on 04/21/13 09:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had for 8 months and put 20K miles in it. When I drive out of town for trips sometimes I have problems with the stability track light going off and it will say engine power reduced. I have to pull over and let it sit for awhile then I can drive again, but it continues to come back on, I have to pull over numerous times. Have had it looked at, which it was not under warranty for this problem, computer was reset. And yes it keeps happening. Also, second row seating is not comfortable for adults. I am a previous owner of a Dodge Durango and never had any problems. I am currently looking for a Dodge. Good luck with the Traverse. I will never own one again!

Traverse........What a piece of
By xroads on 03/29/13 05:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you are looking for a good dependable vehicle, don't think about a Traverse. Bought a brand new off the lot 2011 Traverse in the fall of 2010. Right of the beginning there were problems. The on-star had a broken wire that had to go back to the dealer. Then, two different computers went out in the first 20K, then at 30K the transfer case went out. Now it is out of warranty and the front wheel bearing has gone out, and the radio buttons are going bad. Gas mileage? Don't even think you are going to get close to what they advertise. We average right at 17mpg, with lots of hwy driving. Just about to 60K miles, and we are due to replace the second set of tires. don't buy!

Just OK
By ripriley on 02/26/12 10:03 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed with the MPG. We get 17 MPG combined. Quality is very good. Utility is not as good as our minivan was.

Do not like my new Traverse
By ldewar on 11/05/11 11:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 3 GM mini vans before this vehicle and loved each of them. I wanted to buy another mini van, but GM stopped makeing them. I reluctantly bought this vehicle as it has only a few inches shorter wheelbase. I do not like the look of the exterior, the console takes up a lot of space--no longer can the passenger get up and move to the back while traveling. I find the seat design very uncomfortable and my back is in pain constantly and it rides a lot rougher than my mini vans did. The interior is smaller, etc. I do not like the large wheels and I get lousy gas mileage (19 mpg Hwy). My mini vans would get up to 26 mpg. Wish I hadn't bought it! It is peppy on the highway.

Built for safety!
By keripatterson on 10/10/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were involved in an accident. The other car was totaled and very little damage to my right front bumper area. My vehicle drives like a dream, performs fantastically, and is built like a tank for safety. The front end folded like it should have for optimal protection and safety. I love this car and it is so worth the money we paid for it.

Not as good as everyone says it is...Lacks Reliability
By faith7430 on 10/08/11 14:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have less than 5000 miles in less than 3 months and the car has been into the shop at least 10 times already. The actuator motor was replaced in under 1000 miles, the entire computer went out in less than 2000 miles, which left me stranded in the middle of the night away from home, and there has continued to be one thing after another going wrong with this vehicle. Too bad GM won't stand behind their vehicles cause all I have gotten from them is the run around and a "maintenance package". I just want a reliable vehicle and I didn't think that was too much to ask for when I purchased it.

Great car but for the Noxious Fumes that enter when stopping
By sailor1 on 07/21/11 20:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Very Comfortable. Mileage well its so so. 15 city and 19 Hwy (OK 20 going downhill on a long mountain highway). Nice amenities. Like it a heck of a lot better than my Honda Pilot that it replaced. Now for the negative. For some strange reason that the dealer can't figure out, when the AC is on Fresh Air coming in, and you come to a stop, you get noxious Sulfer like, or propane like smells coming into the passenger compartment. Doesn't happen when AC is on Recirculate. I've seen similar complaints on the Chevrolet Traverse Forum.

BEST CROSSOVER
By gmrocks256 on 07/07/11 13:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

very smooth ride, quiet tried many others like ford, Toyota and nothing was compared to the value i was receiving from the traverse

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*