Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Extremely Disappointed!`
By Karol Kendall

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2011 Chevy Traverse has been nothing but trouble. As others in this forum have stated, the front defrost does not work correctly. We live in a cold climate and the heater quit working. The first time we had a problem with the Stabilitrak, we took it to the dealer who said "they could find nothing wrong". After two more times of experiencing "reduced power", we took it in again. I experienced reduced power from 70 MPH to 40 MPH on the freeway it was extremely dangerous since I was accelerating in the left lane and had to try to work my way through traffic to exit the freeway, missed an important meeting and now the vehicle has been at the dealer for repairs, needing a new throttle body.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy needs to take responsibility for the design flaws. At this point, only the catalytic converter that had to be replaced (unbelievable) has been covered by the warranty.

Looks good, spacious interior. Not real impressed overall.
By scole134

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Traverse for less than a year & I'm dying to trade it in for something else. I love the look of the Traverse, but after owning one for a while now, the disappointments keep adding up. For one, it's horrible to drive in cold weather. It handles great, but the front defrost is the most useless thing ever made. The vent is like a foot wide & doesn't seem to blow outward at all. I can let the car warm up for a half hour & still have to scrape the sides of the windshield. Also, the heating system is flawed. When I change the temperature, it doesn't actually change, sometimes taking as long as 20 minutes to go from cold to hot. And now the check engine light is on because of a sensor.

Favorite Features

Outside appearance, very spacious interior.

Suggested Improvements

A wider vent for the front defrost or a vent that blows outward so the entire windshield is defrosted, not just a tiny spot in the very center. Recall the blend door actuators as multiple people have had issues with the heating/air conditioning system either getting stuck on one temperature or getting stuck only being able to blow air from certain vents.

Do Not Buy 2011 Traverse
By suv_reviewer

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2011 Traverse 2LT FWD has gone from bad to worse... Engine was replaced at 55,000 miles under warranty, then Air Conditioner was replaced not under warranty. Now at 70,000 miles dealer service says Fuel Injector #5 needs replacing not under warranty but Fuel Injector System was serviced by same dealer 4 days ago. Traverse is worst GM vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned lots over the past 50 years. I will never buy another Traverse and recommend you do not buy either.

Look elsewhere....
By mislcat

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchase our Traverse with several upgrades including captain chairs in the rear, DVD, 20" wheels, nice looking Diamond White paint, in addition to other things. New, this vehicle was great, quiet, comfortable to ride in. Then the problems....The car quit on my wife twice while on the highway. It went into a reduced power mode and had to be towed. The first time, we paid for repairs at the dealer. The second time, they told us it was a warranty item and replaced something in the intake/fuel system. Then the water pump went out (another warranty item). Then three more recall items. Now the air conditioner has gone out! Several law firms are now contacting us regarding lemon laws.

Favorite Features

Ride is good. Quiet cabin on long trips. Good on power, especially when passing or accelerating out of a jam.

Suggested Improvements

Need to improve gas mileage tremendously!! Gas mileage is far negative from what is advertised. My wife is only getting about 11.3 in town and no more than 19 on the highway

Good for the family of 5
By tabithaj

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine since June, I bought it used with 33k miles on it. Its been amazing, we replaced our Chevy Equinox for the 3rd row and I have to say that I am really happy with it. No problems other than the dealer not fixing the breaks before the car was given to me like they said but I got it from AutoNation so I just took it to another dealer and they did it for free... I think they could have added a few more perks for the car, made the cup holders about an inch back from the AC plug and maybe put a few extra ones in the 2nd and third row but overall its a great car!!!!

Favorite Features

The ride is very smooth for the size of the car. Quiet and has nice room for each passenger.

Suggested Improvements

Like I said moving that cup holder in the front back a few inches so you can have cups in the holders and charge the cell phone, adding more AC plugs for the back seats, its an SUV so rubber matts would have been better than carpet, and add a light in the cubby hole in between the front seats.