Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Always needs someone repaired
By Jeremy

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car with about 45,000 miles. It currently has 86,000. Below is a summary of maintenance problems since we purchased the Traverse. Had newer tires when I purchased. Within 10,000 miles all kinds of front suspension/tires/driving problems started. In and out of the dealerships 7 times to fix the following problems: Power steering pump was failed and then the rack and pinon failed. Next they replaced both front wheel bearings and I needed to put on new tires! That fixed the power steering issue and terrible tire vibration. Since then I've put brakes and rotors on (no big deal) and had the engine coolant and transmission system flushed. No leaks prior but the next day I had a pile of engine coolant under the Traverse. I assumed the tech's didn't put something back on right or created a new issue. Apparently my water pump failed the next day after the engine coolant was replaced (76,000 miles). Bizarre coincidence since there wasn't a problem before. Parts and labor = another $730. The list goes on and on but I would NEVER recommend a Traverse. I have a chevy truck and love it but this Traverse is a POS.

Nice and roomy, poor running
By Melynn

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where to start...steering wheel makes squeeky sound, clacking sound with hard left turns, ac compressor growls when it comes on, had leak in upper and lower ac lines and replaced, had ticking in engine and had timing chain replaced(at least dealership agreed on that), transmission slips, transmission whines under load of 4 normal sized adults in vehicle, starter sluggish, electronic wiring harness was corroded and had to be replaced after being left with no lights, upholstery poor and wearing prematurely, and on and on. Dealership tries to charge me a $91 fee for every time they have to look at it or try to diagnose something. Still under WRAP warranty until September. This was my 2nd traverse because the style works for our family. The 1st was a 2009 and had all 3 timing chains replaced x 3. Had several coils replaced and finally was able to get GM to agree there was a problem. Traded with their help for a 2011 and it did good until 50k miles. Falling apart fast! Can anyone recommend a reliable alternative??

Power Steering rack out with less than 50,000 mile
By J

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this 2011 Traverse in June of 2015. It was a one owner vehicle and we felt it was a good buy. Less than a year later we are learning it's a major flop! We have already had the water pump replaced, the power steering system, and now the whole power steering rack is out. The dealership says this is a $1,800 Fix. I could see if this was a high mileage vehicle, but it has less than 50,000 miles! From what we have read this is a HUGE problem with this vehicle. Chevrolet really needs to look into this, as I feel the amount of other people with this exact problem may warrant a recall on this system. Buyer beware!

Engine failure at 56,000 miles
By Pa mad

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So many problems cheap interior, power .steering, stability trac, air conditioning failure when 2 yrs old.. Piece of crap.. Totally avoid.. I still own a 2000 power stoke f350. At 15 yrs old 170,000 miles still driven very often AC IS COLD still never refilled.. Only fix alternator and can positioning sensor... Total $ 250 cost.. In 15 yrs.. Going back to ford trucks.. Dependability and trade in value is important.. Shame on me for betraying Ford..

Nice SUV
By J Leftault

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)