2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Look elsewhere....
By mislcat on 09/12/14 16:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchase our Traverse with several upgrades including captain chairs in the rear, DVD, 20" wheels, nice looking Diamond White paint, in addition to other things. New, this vehicle was great, quiet, comfortable to ride in. Then the problems....The car quit on my wife twice while on the highway. It went into a reduced power mode and had to be towed. The first time, we paid for repairs at the dealer. The second time, they told us it was a warranty item and replaced something in the intake/fuel system. Then the water pump went out (another warranty item). Then three more recall items. Now the air conditioner has gone out! Several law firms are now contacting us regarding lemon laws.

Do not like my new Traverse
By ldewar on 11/05/11 11:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 3 GM mini vans before this vehicle and loved each of them. I wanted to buy another mini van, but GM stopped makeing them. I reluctantly bought this vehicle as it has only a few inches shorter wheelbase. I do not like the look of the exterior, the console takes up a lot of space--no longer can the passenger get up and move to the back while traveling. I find the seat design very uncomfortable and my back is in pain constantly and it rides a lot rougher than my mini vans did. The interior is smaller, etc. I do not like the large wheels and I get lousy gas mileage (19 mpg Hwy). My mini vans would get up to 26 mpg. Wish I hadn't bought it! It is peppy on the highway.

Wowee Zowee Batman!
By richinnj on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When was the last time you had a smile on your face... simply from driving a new vehicle? This is the one that will put it there! I am a week in; owned many many vehicles, and none as crisp, comfortable and 'right' for our family as this one. I think GM got this one right because I can tell you that my neighbors have asked to check it out - something they've never done prior. It feels as big as a Tahoe, but drives like an equinox. The acceleration is fantastic, the gas needle hasn't moved in a week of commuting and my back doesn't hurt because of poor seat ergonomics. The kids look lost in the back - they are having a blast. I would even recommend to Adam West.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$125 per month*