2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Looks good, spacious interior. Not real impressed overall.
By scole134 on 01/17/15 06:06 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Traverse for less than a year & I'm dying to trade it in for something else. I love the look of the Traverse, but after owning one for a while now, the disappointments keep adding up. For one, it's horrible to drive in cold weather. It handles great, but the front defrost is the most useless thing ever made. The vent is like a foot wide & doesn't seem to blow outward at all. I can let the car warm up for a half hour & still have to scrape the sides of the windshield. Also, the heating system is flawed. When I change the temperature, it doesn't actually change, sometimes taking as long as 20 minutes to go from cold to hot. And now the check engine light is on because of a sensor.

Do Not Buy 2011 Traverse
By suv_reviewer on 01/13/15 13:44 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2011 Traverse 2LT FWD has gone from bad to worse... Engine was replaced at 55,000 miles under warranty, then Air Conditioner was replaced not under warranty. Now at 70,000 miles dealer service says Fuel Injector #5 needs replacing not under warranty but Fuel Injector System was serviced by same dealer 4 days ago. Traverse is worst GM vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned lots over the past 50 years. I will never buy another Traverse and recommend you do not buy either.

Look elsewhere....
By mislcat on 09/12/14 16:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchase our Traverse with several upgrades including captain chairs in the rear, DVD, 20" wheels, nice looking Diamond White paint, in addition to other things. New, this vehicle was great, quiet, comfortable to ride in. Then the problems....The car quit on my wife twice while on the highway. It went into a reduced power mode and had to be towed. The first time, we paid for repairs at the dealer. The second time, they told us it was a warranty item and replaced something in the intake/fuel system. Then the water pump went out (another warranty item). Then three more recall items. Now the air conditioner has gone out! Several law firms are now contacting us regarding lemon laws.

Good for the family of 5
By tabithaj on 07/02/13 17:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine since June, I bought it used with 33k miles on it. Its been amazing, we replaced our Chevy Equinox for the 3rd row and I have to say that I am really happy with it. No problems other than the dealer not fixing the breaks before the car was given to me like they said but I got it from AutoNation so I just took it to another dealer and they did it for free... I think they could have added a few more perks for the car, made the cup holders about an inch back from the AC plug and maybe put a few extra ones in the 2nd and third row but overall its a great car!!!!

Cheaply assembled, Money Pit.
By nathanrobert on 05/14/13 06:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought in July of 2010. We're at 50K miles now. Problems we've had that aren't normal wear-and-tear include: Interior and exterior parts snapping out of place too easily. "Service Stabilitrak" malfunction. Car stalls and reduces engine power unexpectly, Has happened numerous times even after being serviced. Very frustating issue. Cracked engine mount. Bearing failure with the steering column. AC non-funcitioning two springs in a row. Gas mileage has been unwhelming, that's was expected as we do mostly city driving. Car is decent when things are working, but overall, it's just bee a money pit with too many headaches for what was a brand new car when we purchased.

2011 traverse
By marv17 on 04/21/13 09:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had for 8 months and put 20K miles in it. When I drive out of town for trips sometimes I have problems with the stability track light going off and it will say engine power reduced. I have to pull over and let it sit for awhile then I can drive again, but it continues to come back on, I have to pull over numerous times. Have had it looked at, which it was not under warranty for this problem, computer was reset. And yes it keeps happening. Also, second row seating is not comfortable for adults. I am a previous owner of a Dodge Durango and never had any problems. I am currently looking for a Dodge. Good luck with the Traverse. I will never own one again!

Traverse........What a piece of
By xroads on 03/29/13 05:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you are looking for a good dependable vehicle, don't think about a Traverse. Bought a brand new off the lot 2011 Traverse in the fall of 2010. Right of the beginning there were problems. The on-star had a broken wire that had to go back to the dealer. Then, two different computers went out in the first 20K, then at 30K the transfer case went out. Now it is out of warranty and the front wheel bearing has gone out, and the radio buttons are going bad. Gas mileage? Don't even think you are going to get close to what they advertise. We average right at 17mpg, with lots of hwy driving. Just about to 60K miles, and we are due to replace the second set of tires. don't buy!

Just OK
By ripriley on 02/26/12 10:03 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed with the MPG. We get 17 MPG combined. Quality is very good. Utility is not as good as our minivan was.

Do not like my new Traverse
By ldewar on 11/05/11 11:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 3 GM mini vans before this vehicle and loved each of them. I wanted to buy another mini van, but GM stopped makeing them. I reluctantly bought this vehicle as it has only a few inches shorter wheelbase. I do not like the look of the exterior, the console takes up a lot of space--no longer can the passenger get up and move to the back while traveling. I find the seat design very uncomfortable and my back is in pain constantly and it rides a lot rougher than my mini vans did. The interior is smaller, etc. I do not like the large wheels and I get lousy gas mileage (19 mpg Hwy). My mini vans would get up to 26 mpg. Wish I hadn't bought it! It is peppy on the highway.

Built for safety!
By keripatterson on 10/10/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were involved in an accident. The other car was totaled and very little damage to my right front bumper area. My vehicle drives like a dream, performs fantastically, and is built like a tank for safety. The front end folded like it should have for optimal protection and safety. I love this car and it is so worth the money we paid for it.