Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Power Steering rack out with less than 50,000 mile
By J

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this 2011 Traverse in June of 2015. It was a one owner vehicle and we felt it was a good buy. Less than a year later we are learning it's a major flop! We have already had the water pump replaced, the power steering system, and now the whole power steering rack is out. The dealership says this is a $1,800 Fix. I could see if this was a high mileage vehicle, but it has less than 50,000 miles! From what we have read this is a HUGE problem with this vehicle. Chevrolet really needs to look into this, as I feel the amount of other people with this exact problem may warrant a recall on this system. Buyer beware!

Engine failure at 56,000 miles
By Pa mad

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So many problems cheap interior, power .steering, stability trac, air conditioning failure when 2 yrs old.. Piece of crap.. Totally avoid.. I still own a 2000 power stoke f350. At 15 yrs old 170,000 miles still driven very often AC IS COLD still never refilled.. Only fix alternator and can positioning sensor... Total $ 250 cost.. In 15 yrs.. Going back to ford trucks.. Dependability and trade in value is important.. Shame on me for betraying Ford..

Nice SUV
By J Leftault

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Back to the Drawing Board
By Shirley Williams

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my "Brand New" 2011 Traverse in July 2011. Between 2013 & 2014, I have had the radio replaced, the back windshield replaced (2X), a back signal bulb, a front bulb, all the switches that control the electric windows, complete set of new tires, and in May of this year, 2015, I had to have a new engine along with a new coil and these items are not part of the number of recalls that have been issued. Now my breaks are squealing when I apply them and my gas needle isn't registering correctly and of course another recall on the automatic lift for the trunk area. I'm so sick of this vehicle and all its issues. Before I purchased my Traverse, I had a used 2002 Dodge Caravan that didn't give me any problems. Had I know buying "NEW" would put me in this predicament, I would have kept my van. At least if something on it needing fixing/replaced, it wouldn't matter so much because it was used. Who would have thought with all this technology that you have so much problems with a supposedly New Vehicle?

Buyer beware!!!!
By Alps_112

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 traverse for 3 years. Once the vehicle hit 50k miles it was downhill from there. I hadto invest in a $1400 powering steering rack. I took the vehicle In for what I thought was a minor leak and $1400 later the car still doesn't handle/drive well. I am now starting to have suspension problems. I do not understand how GM can get away with having these vehicles on The road with known problems. I've read hundreds of reviews with people experiencing the same type of issues. Do not waste your money on GM vehicles. What I thought to be a good crossover for my family of 6 turned out to be a nightmare.

• SUV