I like the Traverse, but don't think it's worth the cost.
By kbb613 on
2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Bought my Traverse new in 2010, trading in a well-used Tahoe. We thought it would be a little more family friendly and less "truck-like" for me to drive. My husband is military, so he is gone often and I do a lot of driving long distances by myself. Has 37k miles on it (about 30k of which is highway mileage) and is regularly maintained at a Chevy dealer. I had the steering rack replaced at 35k mi which was luckily under warranty. Now I need to have the o2 sensor replaced and it's out of warranty. I also had problems with the tire sensors. Granted these are not major repairs, but it seems like I am being "nickel & dimed" on a $30k car. Feel I could have spent less and had less troubles!
Favorite Features
I love the comfort and styling of the Traverse. I have a baby on the way, plus step-kids. We need room for them, their friends, luggage, etc and it is very roomy for a crowd. I have the 8 passenger version with split bench seating in the middle row, instead of captain's chairs. I love that we can change the configuration to accommodate our cargo! I have the hands-free feature which syncs to my blue tooth and it's really convenient at times. Overall, I really like the look of Traverse too. I did not want a minivan, but wanted something as comfy and spacious - Traverse definitely delivers on that. Also love the AWD - driving through the snow and ice is no problem.
Suggested Improvements
I regret trading in a V8 Tahoe for the V6 Traverse. Around town the V6 is fine, but I do notice a marked difference on long drives, especially in hilly areas. More power would be really beneficial to the Traverse! The cup holders in the console could benefit from a removable liner also. My previous car had a rubber "mat" that could be removed to wash, for instance. Not a huge turn-off, but I do drink my daily coffee and it seems to leave sticky residue in these cup holders, which is not easy to get out.
By cpitcock
on 10/04/12 07:51 AM (PDT)

I wanted to ask you how you got your steering rack replaced under warranty. I also have a 2010 Traverse with about 43k miles and I was just told that my steering rack needs to be replaced but my dealership is telling me that it is not covered under warranty. They also told me it would cost $1100 and I got a second estimate which was about $900. Let me know so I can continue to research how to get this replaced under warranty. Thanks.

By badhabit2
on 03/22/14 14:01 PM (PDT)

I also bought my traverse in 2010, co2 sensor replaced, my traction control & stabili track lites keep coming on and staying on. I have it in the shop, they tell me they can't find anything wrong with either system. Now, when I turn corners, it sounds like the transmission is slipping. Fluids are good. I am very on time for all preventive maint. Issues. Has anyone else had/having this problem/s? I do drive alot of miles each week. I do not hot rod it or gun it. I also drive carefully and drive only 5-7 miles over speed limit. Any advice, comments, suggestions welcome. I am almost at the end of my rope. I love my traverse, it has been a great car, I am not one to trade cars often. I keep whatever I drive for a while. As some of you have already mentioned, my gas mileage is not as advertised. I average 18-21mpg. This in town & hwy.