Very Nice Alternative to MiniVan
By Laurie on
2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I've driven mini vans since the early 1990's and this vehicle is the next best thing for space and comfort. Actually had my heart set on replacing my 5 year old AWD Toyota Sienna, which was a lemon, with another Sienna, but the Traverse won. Lots of cheap plastic finish features in 2010 chevys, fords and toyotas we test drove. Gas mileage about as expected around 20 mpg. I chose fwd instead of awd to save $2000 and higher auto insurance for awd. Hoping I don't regret it. Relying on stability and traction control to get through northern US winters. On Star and satellite radio are a new treat for us. Nice features. I think Chevy did this one right and they must too, warranty is best I've seen.
Favorite Features
Very smooth, quiet ride, comfortable seating, excellent ground clearance, great acceleration, lots of leg room for big people 6.5 feet tall, pets and cargo all at the same time! Fish eye mirrors strange at first, but handy. On Star navigation very convenient. Mfr warranty.
Suggested Improvements
improve cheap plastic interior, larger cup holders, higher armrests front and middle seat. Make Chevy options packages more affordable. I miss trip computer on center console from Toyota, its only visible by driver on dash in Traverse LT model. Backing uphill seems to lack power with fwd.