2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews 5

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
traded in 05 Uplander van for 10 Travers
By jtbea on 04/14/10 22:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The minivan had high miles, AC, door issues, and showing transmission issues plus we were tired of no tow power and also of 'mom' van image. Traverse is all the Uplander was not. Great incentives, design and features, dealer added bluetooth and remote start. We added 2-tone black/gray leather seats, heat warmers and DVD player as dealer after-market installs.. that's the way to go folks! Custom leather design for no more money and to my taste and better quality leather. Just wish center row seats were removable or easier to get to 3rd row for my teenagers.

MPG Ratings Way Off
By Brad on 04/08/10 19:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really like the car for its ride, looks and features, but my AWD is supposed to average 19 MPG and I don't get above 16 with 50% city and 50% highway. Averages 12 around town and 21 on highway versus the 16 and 23 advertised. And I am a conservative 58 year old driver.

Outstanding everything
By r weber on 04/06/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The crossover has superb engineering and style inside and out. Plenty of pep,quite and smooth ride,great fit and finish,ON_STAR,Bose radio with GMs new nav system, LTZ very sporty, nice cockpit feel, Many creature comforts and very high tech.

Love It
By RedSmith on 03/31/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Plenty of room. Great for car poolers whose kids have backpacks. Ample legroom, headroom, and cargo space. We love the styling. The dash is a bit disappointing, as the RPM indicator is almost as big as the speedometer, and markings on the controls could be more user friendly. The Bose stereo sounds very good. We have the sunroof up front, and the kids have the moonroof in back, which they definitely like. All the room plus the moonroof give an open feel in back that helps on trips. My wife had to hit the breaks hard when a truck in front of her dropped a dresser while doing 70. It stopped fast and straight. We are very pleased overall, and feel good we bought American.

Best Bang For My 31K
By shortround on 03/29/10 14:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lt1, jewel coat, 2nd row captains chairs, towing pkg. Hard fought battle down to the cx-9 / traverse. 2mos of digging, reading forums, comparing. Arcadia, enclave, pilot, Veracruz out (between 3-10k higher for the same 3rd row, awd features). Had I more money to spend, I may have considered 1 of the others. Fit and finish was very good. Interior was good, but with power port to close to cup holder on console. Exceptional ride and responsive handling. Mileage hwy den-cheye @70-78, as advertised. 6 on exterior design, front clip has to much drag. Cheesy top rail design, good for collecting debris, dirt, and pine needles. If you're going to design such a rail, do so with a top cap! Otherwise ++++

new SUV to replace worn out Mini-van
By jtbea on 03/13/10 00:47 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

tired of tired mini-van with no towing capacity... but loved the 3 rows of seats and DVD player and gas mileage of van. Happened upon the traverse and happily traded in. Added on everything but sunroof and backup camera...even 2-tone leather seating. Wife loves it and kids love it... and Dad doesn't mind driving it either!

Love this car!
By JB on 03/05/10 07:30 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Terrific handling; quick response; plenty of cargo space for a one month visit across country. We've driven this car 2500 miles from Midwest to FL and back, 20 mpg. City mpg is 16. Console between front seats is problematic. Any plug into cigarette lighter blocks easy access to to cup holders. Rear view for backing is not good. Rear blind spots too big. We don't have that rear view option, but a friend who has one in his 2009 Traverse says he doesn't use it.

Unreliable
By Patrick on 03/03/10 18:41 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have approximately 2,200 miles on this vehicle and it is in the shop for the 4th time. Engine light comes on and car does not run properly. The dealer's service department can't figure it out, but stated that GM has had this problem on a number of cars. I have had similar problems with my Tahoe.

2010 LT2 AWD
By minihorse on 03/02/10 12:23 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Only have 1100 miles on this traverse so far but have not had any problems. We have 6 children so a minimum 8 passenger was required. Much better gas economy than the 12 passenger Express. Is my wife's car and so far she is satisfied, time will tell.

Our Traverse LTZ took us cross country!
By Jim on 03/02/10 11:44 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2010 Traverse LTZ Sept. 21st in NC and left for Nevada Sept. 25th. When not driving in heavy 50 MPH headwinds in Arizona, we average 24.4 MPG at 7 MPH over posted speeds. My wife purchased plastic storage containers for our clothes, which we selected the next days wear from when stopping at hotels. Both second and third row seats remained folded flat to maximize needed storage for 5 weeks! The ice chest for bottled water rode strapped in with seat belt across the two second row bucket seats. One flat tire in Las Vegas was caused by construction material & repaired by the local dealership. An oil change was needed in Texas upon our return route. We were very comfortable.