Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Traverse - Stay Away From It!
By sad Travese owner

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where to start, after only a few weeks of owning this thing its started having problems. 1st thing it will literally jerk you off the road! It jerks to the right it jerks to the left. Once it shot me completely into the opposite lane! That being the worse problem the Cruise control works when it wants to an shuts off when it doesn't want to, the speedometer drops 20 miles at random. When you shut the doors it sounds like the window will break. You cant have the back Windows down unless the front Windows are down because its so loud, it makes a chopping sound and vibration. And don't crack the Windows in the rain it will dump water all over you. The airflow coming in through the vehicle smells

the way it looks and the day i'm rid of this $36,000 lemon. i bought this for my family to have a safe vehicle, its anything but. how can i drive it when i don't know what it will do next?

Start over or just quit all together. oh, here's one, help your customers 4 trips to the dealer later no help, matter of fact they say there's Nothing Wrong! I hope this helps someone.

Very Poor MPG
By Joel

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Went to dealer looking at AWD SUVs and 4x4 trucks. Chose this as it seated 8 and in AWD ofered 23 MPG Highway as well as 16 MPG City. On a 1000+ mile trip I got 17-18 MPG highway. During the trip I drove to the beach and on flat sandy terrain the AWD system would only engage all wheels at very very low speed. I drive an AWD escape at work and it engages all wheels with no issues, my brothers Jeep also engages all wheels with no issues. I was so disappointed with this vehicle that I traded it in for a new Silverado a month later. I get the same MPG, but have a truck that is capable of much more, however I am now upside down on the trade. Wish GM was more honest with MPG claims.

8 Passenger seating, looks

MPG, Make a better AWD system, rear seat headrests are not removable causes child seats to tilt forward and makes them uncomfortable, and and did I mention MPG.

Great but the milage
By Steve

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Traverse about 5 months ago and love it. With the second row captain's chairs there is little difference in space when compared to our previous minivan. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and the power is there when you need it. We use it to tow a 24 ft trailer (3700 lbs dry) - it tows it no problem, but you can feel the trailer behind you. Over all we are very happy with the vehicle, the only complaint would be the mileage. When we first bought it we were getting no where near the advertised mpg. However, now that we've put 5,000 on the vehicle the mileage is improving. I can now get the advertised mileage on the hwy if I drive 60 - 65+ and the mileage drops dramatically.

Loving the free Onstar - ride, handling and performance all above expectations.

Mileage is the only real complaint - and tough to see when backing up.

Way to go Chevy!
By Charlie

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this crossover for my wife. Her Toyota Sienna was coming off lease. The Traverse was quieter, rode nicer, and had more power than the Sienna. We had also decided to give an American car company a look. My wife has been very pleased with the Traverse. We've been getting around 20 mpg around town and 23 mpg on the highway. Really like the back-up camera and the leather interior. Also looked at a Buick Enclave but it was significantly more expensive for essentially the same vehicle. So far, we've been very glad we went with a Chevy.

Back up camera, leather interior, ride and power.

Improve gas mileage.

Comfortable Ride
By GAChevyOwner

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have now had the Traverse for 10 months and it's extremely comfortable. Can't feel road bumps which is nice! I have a 1 hour commute each way with lots of traffic and get the promised 17 MPG in the city. Haven't had a chance to take a long road trip yet, but the couple of short trips we have taken, we are extremely happy. I have had full grown adults in the 3rd row and all have said the room is great. The only complaint I have is the side mirrors need to be redesigned. Water collects on them in the rain and makes it impossible to see, with the huge blind spots in this vehicle, the side mirrors are a must! I wish the sun/moonroof had a hard cover to block out sun when needed.

Leg and head room, temp controls, cargo space, cargo compartment, Sun roof/moonroof

Redesign side mirrors (need to be recessed as to not collect rain water), shade for sun/moonroof should be a complete block rather than the cheap mesh cover. MGP could be improved with today's technology.