Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Hesitant
By vette50th

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had just finished up my 5th Jeep and decided to try a GM product this time for my daily driver. After about 1,500 miles the transmission would rev, not go into reverse, sound weird, etc. Took it in and they said the computer needed re-flashed. Then, at 8,500 miles, I tried to go from a traffic light - nothing. Took it in, they said "something broke". It's been down for a week. Hopefully I can regain my confidence in this vehicle, I do like it.

Rides high and comfortable. Looking forward to AWD this Winter. Heat/A-C in the back is nice.

Better transmissions.

Great ride
By driver

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive--doesn't feel like 5,000 pounds. Towed ATVs through mountain roads smoothly. Quiet. Backup camera a must. In fixing the reluctance to downshift, they went too far and mileage suffers. Getting 15 city and 21 highway despite very moderate driving. Overall, very enjoyable and functional vehicle.

backup camera, mirrors, ride/handling, Bose sound system

Downshifts too easily-->poor mileage. Can't use recirc on HVAC if air going to floor vents. Manual shifting is a joke because you can't influence upshifts.

Headrests stopped me from purchasing
By Laura Grantham

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I had found the perfect vehicle to replace my 2003 Suburban. Not towing anymore so I could get by with a smaller vehicle and have been shopping around. I drove the Traverse today and it is beautiful and rated 5* in the crash tests. Also a smooth and quiet ride. Problem is I simply cannot stand the headrest. They only adjust up and down and need to be moved back because they push the drivers and passengers head forward in an uncomfortable position. It's the same on the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia, which are built on the same platform. GM, fix this problem and you will have a star on your hands, otherwise you'll have unhappy customers and lose sales.

Everything but the headrests. I would have given all 9's if that had not been a BIG problem.

Fix headrests.

One of the best
By BE

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just put 4000 miles on the Traverse, driving 10-12 hours at time. It is a great vehicle and handles well. GM could not have done better. Glad I did not buy anything else. I have had people stop me and ask me about the Traverse, I tell them I love it and would buy another.

Handling, ride comfort, styling, seating for more than 6, quality of construction

Better fuel economy, but it is better than anything else the same size. I am getting 21.5

Traverse - Stay Away From It!
By sad Travese owner

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where to start, after only a few weeks of owning this thing its started having problems. 1st thing it will literally jerk you off the road! It jerks to the right it jerks to the left. Once it shot me completely into the opposite lane! That being the worse problem the Cruise control works when it wants to an shuts off when it doesn't want to, the speedometer drops 20 miles at random. When you shut the doors it sounds like the window will break. You cant have the back Windows down unless the front Windows are down because its so loud, it makes a chopping sound and vibration. And don't crack the Windows in the rain it will dump water all over you. The airflow coming in through the vehicle smells

the way it looks and the day i'm rid of this $36,000 lemon. i bought this for my family to have a safe vehicle, its anything but. how can i drive it when i don't know what it will do next?

Start over or just quit all together. oh, here's one, help your customers 4 trips to the dealer later no help, matter of fact they say there's Nothing Wrong! I hope this helps someone.