2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Not what I was expecting
By BillW on 07/19/10 09:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Odyssey was totaled in accident. Rented Traverse for trip to Reno from KC. Swallowed the gear, lots of room for 4. Smooth and relatively quiet on open road. Seats are not comfortable - rear seats don't recline and headrests pushed our heads forward. Mileage NO WHERE near what GM advertises. Shame too, as we were considering replacing our van with this vehicle. Checked it off our list after 4100 mile trip on open roads and avg 19.6 mpg. I could get 28 out of our van between KC & St. Louis. To be used primarily as a family trip vehicle, there are better cars available.

By Fern on 07/18/10 14:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 2200 miles on the vehicle. I was driving on the highway and the transmission stalled and did not move into the higher gear. Someone could have ran into the back of me. The engine light came on. I drove the truck directly to the dealer and they could not explain why the truck acted that way. This is the first American car I have purchased, and it is my last.

The Comfy one
By The Fishmonger on 07/15/10 20:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The LTZ is replacing our 2002 Avalanche North Face. Very happy with the choice and better than expected.. Ordered the sunroof and 2nd row center console, Tow package. No electronics e.g. DVD or navigation Great Fuel economy of 23,8 Highway and 19.8 combined. Note: we drive mostly in a rural area. Our dog approves of our choice too. Plenty of room for all, including the grand kids.

jiggy widit
By Mo-Town Nurse on 07/04/10 08:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had it about a week. Yes, it has some shortcomings ( I have been told I do too, imagine that) we are very happy with it. Plenty of room, quieter than the Trail Blazer trade-in. Looks good, comfortable, easy to drive and to ride in. Plenty of gadgets for "non-technos" to play with.

Bad Fuel Eco
By Ken Long on 06/30/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car but will not get the MPG as ad. best so far 13.9 city have not trip open road at this time. Trade Chevy Suburban. i got better city MPG on it. Wish i had it back. Thinking about return try out GM 60 day return policy see what happens.

Great SUV - but mileage not great
By darryl on 06/21/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2010 Traverse AWD vehicle has been a good car for my family. We love the room, the comfort of the seats, and the AWD. We have gone skiing 8 times with this car and it has never slipped once in the snow/ice. The handling of the car is very good considering its size and weight. We have not had one maintenance problem or "noises" yet but it's too new. The 20" tires and the power side mirrors (fold in) are very nice to have. The Radio/DVD system are good. The nav could be improved on. The 3rd row seats fold down really easy (compared to our Odyssey) and it is nice that it splits (for skis). For the price I paid and for the features it is a good deal

AC Comes in and Out
By GM on 06/21/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Does not get fuel mileage as rated. Has AC problem that the dealer cannot correct. At a red light or stop sign or setting still that AC will stop cooling. At low RPM. When you get back to highway speed the AC starts cooling again. Dealer is trying to tell me this is the way it was engineered. I disagree.

Below average in fuel
By JOBY on 06/20/10 18:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really like the performance but performance never give happy after buying. Now I am rethinking about Asian cars are best in fuel economy. One full tank ultra gas give me only 200 miles in city and highway driving, I am not too much crazy in diving but some times I accelerates bit. I am very comfortable with this vehicle except mileage.

Traverse LT1
By Sharon on 06/17/10 12:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Traverse. However, my husband is 6-6 & we had to have the footrest removed which leaves a hole in the floor & 2 bolts sticking up. GM is trying to come up with a fix which seems to be pretty easy - create a flat cover instead of the foot rest. The foot rest takes of 3" of leg room. We bought the vehicle because we were told the foot rest could be removed without any problems. Just trying to get the fix completed. 100% satisfied otherwise. Our sales person was wonderful.

An excellent vehicle for familes.
By farmerjohn on 06/03/10 09:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our Jeep Liberty in for the Traverse because we have two children and often drive to vacation destinations. The Traverse is a perfect alternative to a minivan, having lots of room for passengers and plenty more for cargo. Despite the extensive list of suggested improvements, this vehicle is a great vale compared to the others we looked at - the Acadia and the Enclave.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$127 per month*