Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

2010 Traverse could improve some
By workingmom_33

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Traverse new in Aug 2010 and love it. It offers lots of room, great ride, and kid friendly. It is now 16 months old w/ less than 17k mi. I am disappointed to have the steering make a whistle noise when turning and the buttons on the a/c control panel are beginning to wear. Does anyone else have these same issues?
Other than those issues, which I am hoping the dealership can resolve, I plan to keep for a while.

Backup camera is a fantastic feature but also a must. The DVD player is great for the kids, especially on long trips. Lots of cargo room. Easy to operate third row seats. Love the remote start and automatic liftgate.

Gas mileage could improve. Storage for the DVD headsets would be nice to have. Find a fix for steering noise and wearing of the buttons.

I like the Traverse, but don't think it's worth the cost.
By kbb613

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Traverse new in 2010, trading in a well-used Tahoe.
We thought it would be a little more family friendly and less "truck-like" for me to drive.
My husband is military, so he is gone often and I do a lot of driving long distances by myself.
Has 37k miles on it (about 30k of which is highway mileage) and is regularly maintained at a Chevy dealer.
I had the steering rack replaced at 35k mi which was luckily under warranty.
Now I need to have the o2 sensor replaced and it's out of warranty. I also had problems with the tire sensors. Granted these are not major repairs, but it seems like I am being "nickel & dimed" on a $30k car. Feel I could have spent less and had less troubles!

I love the comfort and styling of the Traverse. I have a baby on the way, plus step-kids. We need room for them, their friends, luggage, etc and it is very roomy for a crowd. I have the 8 passenger version with split bench seating in the middle row, instead of captain's chairs. I love that we can change the configuration to accommodate our cargo! I have the hands-free feature which syncs to my blue tooth and it's really convenient at times. Overall, I really like the look of Traverse too. I did not want a minivan, but wanted something as comfy and spacious - Traverse definitely delivers on that. Also love the AWD - driving through the snow and ice is no problem.

I regret trading in a V8 Tahoe for the V6 Traverse. Around town the V6 is fine, but I do notice a marked difference on long drives, especially in hilly areas. More power would be really beneficial to the Traverse! The cup holders in the console could benefit from a removable liner also. My previous car had a rubber "mat" that could be removed to wash, for instance. Not a huge turn-off, but I do drink my daily coffee and it seems to leave sticky residue in these cup holders, which is not easy to get out.

Trade my 07 Tahoe for the 2011 Traverse
By maintainer

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This Vehicle has the seating capacity of my Tahoe with better gas mileage. I don't tow anything so I don't miss the extra horse power of the Tahoe although I do miss the design a little bit. The Traverse is a great vehicle and I love the way I love the way it handle in town and on the HWY. I am getting right at 19 MPG's combined but I still have under 1k miles so that should increase. I love the blue-tooth capabilities and the directions & connections plan with on-star. I can ask for an address and it is downloaded to the Nav system while I am driving.

Nav & Blue-tooth

I would raise the steering wheel just a little. Connect the 3rd row seat belt to the seat instead of the roof. Can be a little distracting not bad just a suggestion.

Hesitant
By vette50th

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had just finished up my 5th Jeep and decided to try a GM product this time for my daily driver. After about 1,500 miles the transmission would rev, not go into reverse, sound weird, etc. Took it in and they said the computer needed re-flashed. Then, at 8,500 miles, I tried to go from a traffic light - nothing. Took it in, they said "something broke". It's been down for a week. Hopefully I can regain my confidence in this vehicle, I do like it.

Rides high and comfortable. Looking forward to AWD this Winter. Heat/A-C in the back is nice.

Better transmissions.

Great ride
By driver

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive--doesn't feel like 5,000 pounds. Towed ATVs through mountain roads smoothly. Quiet. Backup camera a must. In fixing the reluctance to downshift, they went too far and mileage suffers. Getting 15 city and 21 highway despite very moderate driving. Overall, very enjoyable and functional vehicle.

backup camera, mirrors, ride/handling, Bose sound system

Downshifts too easily-->poor mileage. Can't use recirc on HVAC if air going to floor vents. Manual shifting is a joke because you can't influence upshifts.