Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Trade my 07 Tahoe for the 2011 Traverse
By maintainer

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This Vehicle has the seating capacity of my Tahoe with better gas mileage. I don't tow anything so I don't miss the extra horse power of the Tahoe although I do miss the design a little bit. The Traverse is a great vehicle and I love the way I love the way it handle in town and on the HWY. I am getting right at 19 MPG's combined but I still have under 1k miles so that should increase. I love the blue-tooth capabilities and the directions & connections plan with on-star. I can ask for an address and it is downloaded to the Nav system while I am driving.

Nav & Blue-tooth

I would raise the steering wheel just a little. Connect the 3rd row seat belt to the seat instead of the roof. Can be a little distracting not bad just a suggestion.

Hesitant
By vette50th

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had just finished up my 5th Jeep and decided to try a GM product this time for my daily driver. After about 1,500 miles the transmission would rev, not go into reverse, sound weird, etc. Took it in and they said the computer needed re-flashed. Then, at 8,500 miles, I tried to go from a traffic light - nothing. Took it in, they said "something broke". It's been down for a week. Hopefully I can regain my confidence in this vehicle, I do like it.

Rides high and comfortable. Looking forward to AWD this Winter. Heat/A-C in the back is nice.

Better transmissions.

Great ride
By driver

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive--doesn't feel like 5,000 pounds. Towed ATVs through mountain roads smoothly. Quiet. Backup camera a must. In fixing the reluctance to downshift, they went too far and mileage suffers. Getting 15 city and 21 highway despite very moderate driving. Overall, very enjoyable and functional vehicle.

backup camera, mirrors, ride/handling, Bose sound system

Downshifts too easily-->poor mileage. Can't use recirc on HVAC if air going to floor vents. Manual shifting is a joke because you can't influence upshifts.

Headrests stopped me from purchasing
By Laura Grantham

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I had found the perfect vehicle to replace my 2003 Suburban. Not towing anymore so I could get by with a smaller vehicle and have been shopping around. I drove the Traverse today and it is beautiful and rated 5* in the crash tests. Also a smooth and quiet ride. Problem is I simply cannot stand the headrest. They only adjust up and down and need to be moved back because they push the drivers and passengers head forward in an uncomfortable position. It's the same on the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia, which are built on the same platform. GM, fix this problem and you will have a star on your hands, otherwise you'll have unhappy customers and lose sales.

Everything but the headrests. I would have given all 9's if that had not been a BIG problem.

Fix headrests.

One of the best
By BE

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just put 4000 miles on the Traverse, driving 10-12 hours at time. It is a great vehicle and handles well. GM could not have done better. Glad I did not buy anything else. I have had people stop me and ask me about the Traverse, I tell them I love it and would buy another.

Handling, ride comfort, styling, seating for more than 6, quality of construction

Better fuel economy, but it is better than anything else the same size. I am getting 21.5