2010 Traverse could improve some
By workingmom_33 on
2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I bought my Traverse new in Aug 2010 and love it. It offers lots of room, great ride, and kid friendly. It is now 16 months old w/ less than 17k mi. I am disappointed to have the steering make a whistle noise when turning and the buttons on the a/c control panel are beginning to wear. Does anyone else have these same issues? Other than those issues, which I am hoping the dealership can resolve, I plan to keep for a while.
Favorite Features
Backup camera is a fantastic feature but also a must. The DVD player is great for the kids, especially on long trips. Lots of cargo room. Easy to operate third row seats. Love the remote start and automatic liftgate.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage could improve. Storage for the DVD headsets would be nice to have. Find a fix for steering noise and wearing of the buttons.
By steelfn
on 03/03/13 17:56 PM (PST)

I am experiencing the identical problems with the steering wheel whistling and the button colors wearning off. Started on our 2010 around 30,000 miles, and the whistling hasn't stopped.

By fuseor
on 06/09/13 19:42 PM (PDT)

Yes, I have worn out climate control buttons and the steering wheel whistling when parking and sharp/fast turning of the steering wheel. I haven't figured out how to fix the buttons other than buying a new control on ebay but turning up the radio eliminates the whining noise. The traverse has been a great vehicle and chevy/GM has stood by the vehicle and made all necessary repairs. Running great at 29K and 44 months.