Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Front end problems
By charliedog2

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the Traverse new in December 2010. In June 2011 at 24,000 kms, both front struts and shocks along with other misc. items replaced under warranty. Now at 48,000 kms, the struts and mounts are completely warn out and need to be replaced. The warranty went off 5 months ago at age 3.The vehicle is only 3.4 years old and on second rebuild of front end. My wife drives this vehicle in the city and on the Hwy. It has seen no gravel and is basically a kid, dog, and grocery hauler. We are very disappointed with this vehicle. The Fuel economy is no where near what they promised. Going down hill with the wind at your rear you may get 21 mpg. No more Chevy Products for this family.

Fix the front end issues. Fix front and rear wiper springs.

40,000 Miles and Not Happy!
By steelfn

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Traverse LT2 with 9,000 miles and have not been happy with the vehicle since purchase. Build quality and reliabitlity have been huge concerns, with squeeks, rattles, poor dual-climate control, and now, at 40,000 miles, the front struts have to be replaced. Gas mileage is not anywhere near the EPA estimate of 23 mpg on the highway.....my Traverse has never exceeded 19 mpg on the highway. In doing some research recently, I see that other Traverse owners have had a lot of problems with the suspension, as well. Wish I would have known that before purchase.

Very room inside and accomodates family of 5 very well.

15 mpg - GM told me that's not bad for this car
By ddufort13

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Traverse has a good interior design, great handling and power, but I average 15 mpg vs the sticker that indicates an average on 19 mpg. I registered a complaint with GM, my service guy at Chevy indicated he only got 13 mpg. GM told me, and I quote, "The car is performing as per specifications. I see you're getting 15 mpg, and that's not bad for this car!!!" I told them they should advertise that. 15 mpg isn't that bad, even though they advertise 16-23 mpg. If you want performance with poor MPG, this is the SUV for you. If you're looking for performance and fuel economy stay away.

Roomy interior, power and handling

fuel economy, fuel economy, fuel economy

2010 Traverse could improve some
By workingmom_33

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Traverse new in Aug 2010 and love it. It offers lots of room, great ride, and kid friendly. It is now 16 months old w/ less than 17k mi. I am disappointed to have the steering make a whistle noise when turning and the buttons on the a/c control panel are beginning to wear. Does anyone else have these same issues? Other than those issues, which I am hoping the dealership can resolve, I plan to keep for a while.

Backup camera is a fantastic feature but also a must. The DVD player is great for the kids, especially on long trips. Lots of cargo room. Easy to operate third row seats. Love the remote start and automatic liftgate.

Gas mileage could improve. Storage for the DVD headsets would be nice to have. Find a fix for steering noise and wearing of the buttons.

I like the Traverse, but don't think it's worth the cost.
By kbb613

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Traverse new in 2010, trading in a well-used Tahoe. We thought it would be a little more family friendly and less "truck-like" for me to drive. My husband is military, so he is gone often and I do a lot of driving long distances by myself. Has 37k miles on it (about 30k of which is highway mileage) and is regularly maintained at a Chevy dealer. I had the steering rack replaced at 35k mi which was luckily under warranty. Now I need to have the o2 sensor replaced and it's out of warranty. I also had problems with the tire sensors. Granted these are not major repairs, but it seems like I am being "nickel & dimed" on a $30k car. Feel I could have spent less and had less troubles!

I love the comfort and styling of the Traverse. I have a baby on the way, plus step-kids. We need room for them, their friends, luggage, etc and it is very roomy for a crowd. I have the 8 passenger version with split bench seating in the middle row, instead of captain's chairs. I love that we can change the configuration to accommodate our cargo! I have the hands-free feature which syncs to my blue tooth and it's really convenient at times. Overall, I really like the look of Traverse too. I did not want a minivan, but wanted something as comfy and spacious - Traverse definitely delivers on that. Also love the AWD - driving through the snow and ice is no problem.

I regret trading in a V8 Tahoe for the V6 Traverse. Around town the V6 is fine, but I do notice a marked difference on long drives, especially in hilly areas. More power would be really beneficial to the Traverse! The cup holders in the console could benefit from a removable liner also. My previous car had a rubber "mat" that could be removed to wash, for instance. Not a huge turn-off, but I do drink my daily coffee and it seems to leave sticky residue in these cup holders, which is not easy to get out.

• SUV