2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Headrests stopped me from purchasing
By Laura Grantham on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I had found the perfect vehicle to replace my 2003 Suburban. Not towing anymore so I could get by with a smaller vehicle and have been shopping around. I drove the Traverse today and it is beautiful and rated 5* in the crash tests. Also a smooth and quiet ride. Problem is I simply cannot stand the headrest. They only adjust up and down and need to be moved back because they push the drivers and passengers head forward in an uncomfortable position. It's the same on the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia, which are built on the same platform. GM, fix this problem and you will have a star on your hands, otherwise you'll have unhappy customers and lose sales.

One of the best
By BE on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just put 4000 miles on the Traverse, driving 10-12 hours at time. It is a great vehicle and handles well. GM could not have done better. Glad I did not buy anything else. I have had people stop me and ask me about the Traverse, I tell them I love it and would buy another.

Traverse - Stay Away From It!
By sad Travese owner on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where to start, after only a few weeks of owning this thing its started having problems. 1st thing it will literally jerk you off the road! It jerks to the right it jerks to the left. Once it shot me completely into the opposite lane! That being the worse problem the Cruise control works when it wants to an shuts off when it doesn't want to, the speedometer drops 20 miles at random. When you shut the doors it sounds like the window will break. You cant have the back Windows down unless the front Windows are down because its so loud, it makes a chopping sound and vibration. And don't crack the Windows in the rain it will dump water all over you. The airflow coming in through the vehicle smells

Very Poor MPG
By Joel on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Went to dealer looking at AWD SUVs and 4x4 trucks. Chose this as it seated 8 and in AWD ofered 23 MPG Highway as well as 16 MPG City. On a 1000+ mile trip I got 17-18 MPG highway. During the trip I drove to the beach and on flat sandy terrain the AWD system would only engage all wheels at very very low speed. I drive an AWD escape at work and it engages all wheels with no issues, my brothers Jeep also engages all wheels with no issues. I was so disappointed with this vehicle that I traded it in for a new Silverado a month later. I get the same MPG, but have a truck that is capable of much more, however I am now upside down on the trade. Wish GM was more honest with MPG claims.

Great but the milage
By Steve on 08/28/10 21:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Traverse about 5 months ago and love it. With the second row captain's chairs there is little difference in space when compared to our previous minivan. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and the power is there when you need it. We use it to tow a 24 ft trailer (3700 lbs dry) - it tows it no problem, but you can feel the trailer behind you. Over all we are very happy with the vehicle, the only complaint would be the mileage. When we first bought it we were getting no where near the advertised mpg. However, now that we've put 5,000 on the vehicle the mileage is improving. I can now get the advertised mileage on the hwy if I drive 60 - 65+ and the mileage drops dramatically.

Way to go Chevy!
By Charlie on 08/17/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this crossover for my wife. Her Toyota Sienna was coming off lease. The Traverse was quieter, rode nicer, and had more power than the Sienna. We had also decided to give an American car company a look. My wife has been very pleased with the Traverse. We've been getting around 20 mpg around town and 23 mpg on the highway. Really like the back-up camera and the leather interior. Also looked at a Buick Enclave but it was significantly more expensive for essentially the same vehicle. So far, we've been very glad we went with a Chevy.

Comfortable Ride
By GAChevyOwner on 08/17/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have now had the Traverse for 10 months and it's extremely comfortable. Can't feel road bumps which is nice! I have a 1 hour commute each way with lots of traffic and get the promised 17 MPG in the city. Haven't had a chance to take a long road trip yet, but the couple of short trips we have taken, we are extremely happy. I have had full grown adults in the 3rd row and all have said the room is great. The only complaint I have is the side mirrors need to be redesigned. Water collects on them in the rain and makes it impossible to see, with the huge blind spots in this vehicle, the side mirrors are a must! I wish the sun/moonroof had a hard cover to block out sun when needed.

Very Nice Alternative to MiniVan
By Laurie on 07/28/10 16:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven mini vans since the early 1990's and this vehicle is the next best thing for space and comfort. Actually had my heart set on replacing my 5 year old AWD Toyota Sienna, which was a lemon, with another Sienna, but the Traverse won. Lots of cheap plastic finish features in 2010 chevys, fords and toyotas we test drove. Gas mileage about as expected around 20 mpg. I chose fwd instead of awd to save $2000 and higher auto insurance for awd. Hoping I don't regret it. Relying on stability and traction control to get through northern US winters. On Star and satellite radio are a new treat for us. Nice features. I think Chevy did this one right and they must too, warranty is best I've seen.

Like A Rock
By scott on 07/26/10 23:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We took our Chevy Traverse on vacation. We drove from Connecticut to Florida. Both our small children sat in the 2nd row. There was plenty of room for them, as well as our luggage. We stored our luggage by placing the third row down and there was plenty of room for everything, including all the souvenirs we purchased at Disney World. The Traverse handled very well through all different climates, altitudes and traffic conditions. We mostly drove during the night on cruise control with the A/C cracked up and we averaged 24 mpg, during higher mountain conditions we averaged 22-23 mpg. . If you need to tow a boat, consider the Tahoe,otherwise the Traverse with the Tow Package is the way to go.

LTZ 2010
By A on 07/20/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very comfortable, mpg as advertised, lots of space and pep. LTZ package is much better than standard. Chose this car over Enclave and Arcadia because it looks more chunky and tough (Enclave is a little effeminate). Driven Florida/New York twice - excellent performance and comfort.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$123 per month*