Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

traction control and stabilitrak systems 2nd time
By vbwolf1

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Has anyone experienced your 2011 Traverse having a sudden loss of power and loss of acceleration followed by error messages for both the traction control and stabilitrak systems?? This is the 4th trip to the dealer when for my car losing all power following by the above error messages. There is no warning only ding.ding..ding and loss of power!! The dealer has said it was a sensor problem, then tried taking out the transmission and working on its sensors, and today they say it is a throttle body issue. Help! Has anyone else had this issue and what finally fixed your car?? Thank you for your help! My car has been having this issue for the past 8 months and has about 65,000 miles. Prior to this there were no big issues or problems with the car.The first time the dealer thought this was the computer board and at the cost of $1009.00 I am still having issues. Called Chevy main number spoke to Gwendolyn and she is going to ensure the dealership in Waldorf Maryland fixes this problem she personally is going to call the dealership. I told Chevy this car is not reliable I am afraid to drive my car. Its only 5 yrs old with 67,000 miles and is acting like 20 yr old car....This year 2010 and 2011 needs to be investigated for possible 50 state recall, to pay all repairs from here on out because of this issue...I was coming from the vet today and the car just powers down, all controls read nothing ( no water, no gas, no speed, everything is off the charts)...this is scary, you can make the car go because the gas isn't going through the car. Something is stopping everything.

Trade my 07 Tahoe for the 2011 Traverse
By maintainer

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This Vehicle has the seating capacity of my Tahoe with better gas mileage. I don't tow anything so I don't miss the extra horse power of the Tahoe although I do miss the design a little bit. The Traverse is a great vehicle and I love the way I love the way it handle in town and on the HWY. I am getting right at 19 MPG's combined but I still have under 1k miles so that should increase. I love the blue-tooth capabilities and the directions & connections plan with on-star. I can ask for an address and it is downloaded to the Nav system while I am driving.

Nav & Blue-tooth

I would raise the steering wheel just a little. Connect the 3rd row seat belt to the seat instead of the roof. Can be a little distracting not bad just a suggestion.

LTZ 2010
By A

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very comfortable, mpg as advertised, lots of space and pep. LTZ package is much better than standard. Chose this car over Enclave and Arcadia because it looks more chunky and tough (Enclave is a little effeminate). Driven Florida/New York twice - excellent performance and comfort.

The complete LTZ package. Comfortable and easy to drive even for my wife who is 4'11".

MPG can always be improved. The installation of some of the trim could be improved. The black internal plastics show scratches easily.

Bad Fuel Eco
By Ken Long

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car but will not get the MPG as ad. best so far 13.9 city have not trip open road at this time. Trade Chevy Suburban. i got better city MPG on it. Wish i had it back. Thinking about return try out GM 60 day return policy see what happens.

Good power well built, fun to drive

make sure MPG as adv.I don't think will get 17 as sold best i have got is 13.9 in city plus add 1 ft to cargo with 3rd seat.

Our Traverse LTZ took us cross country!
By Jim

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2010 Traverse LTZ Sept. 21st in NC and left for Nevada Sept. 25th. When not driving in heavy 50 MPH headwinds in Arizona, we average 24.4 MPG at 7 MPH over posted speeds. My wife purchased plastic storage containers for our clothes, which we selected the next days wear from when stopping at hotels. Both second and third row seats remained folded flat to maximize needed storage for 5 weeks! The ice chest for bottled water rode strapped in with seat belt across the two second row bucket seats. One flat tire in Las Vegas was caused by construction material & repaired by the local dealership. An oil change was needed in Texas upon our return route. We were very comfortable.

Ease entering and exiting our Traverse with running boards. (My right hip was replaced 6 months earlier.) The power liftgate is fantastic.

Lamp in glove box and underhood.

• SUV