Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Most Helpful|
Very pleased
By chasman123

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought our 2010 new in 2009. Have been very pleased with the smooth and quiet ride. Did have to get the steering fixed due to it making noise when turning and also had the temperature controls replaced due to the paint wearing off the fan buttons. All of this was done under warranty. Overall we've been pleased with our Traverse. Now have 45,000 miles on it and it seems to be going strong.

Favorite Features

Love the leather seats, back up camera, and navigation.

Great but the milage
By Steve

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Traverse about 5 months ago and love it. With the second row captain's chairs there is little difference in space when compared to our previous minivan. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and the power is there when you need it. We use it to tow a 24 ft trailer (3700 lbs dry) - it tows it no problem, but you can feel the trailer behind you. Over all we are very happy with the vehicle, the only complaint would be the mileage. When we first bought it we were getting no where near the advertised mpg. However, now that we've put 5,000 on the vehicle the mileage is improving. I can now get the advertised mileage on the hwy if I drive 60 - 65+ and the mileage drops dramatically.

Favorite Features

Loving the free Onstar - ride, handling and performance all above expectations.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is the only real complaint - and tough to see when backing up.

Traverse - Stay Away From It!
By sad Travese owner

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where to start, after only a few weeks of owning this thing its started having problems. 1st thing it will literally jerk you off the road! It jerks to the right it jerks to the left. Once it shot me completely into the opposite lane! That being the worse problem the Cruise control works when it wants to an shuts off when it doesn't want to, the speedometer drops 20 miles at random. When you shut the doors it sounds like the window will break. You cant have the back Windows down unless the front Windows are down because its so loud, it makes a chopping sound and vibration. And don't crack the Windows in the rain it will dump water all over you. The airflow coming in through the vehicle smells

Favorite Features

the way it looks and the day i'm rid of this $36,000 lemon. i bought this for my family to have a safe vehicle, its anything but. how can i drive it when i don't know what it will do next?

Suggested Improvements

Start over or just quit all together. oh, here's one, help your customers 4 trips to the dealer later no help, matter of fact they say there's Nothing Wrong! I hope this helps someone.

Very Nice Alternative to MiniVan
By Laurie

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven mini vans since the early 1990's and this vehicle is the next best thing for space and comfort. Actually had my heart set on replacing my 5 year old AWD Toyota Sienna, which was a lemon, with another Sienna, but the Traverse won. Lots of cheap plastic finish features in 2010 chevys, fords and toyotas we test drove. Gas mileage about as expected around 20 mpg. I chose fwd instead of awd to save $2000 and higher auto insurance for awd. Hoping I don't regret it. Relying on stability and traction control to get through northern US winters. On Star and satellite radio are a new treat for us. Nice features. I think Chevy did this one right and they must too, warranty is best I've seen.

Favorite Features

Very smooth, quiet ride, comfortable seating, excellent ground clearance, great acceleration, lots of leg room for big people 6.5 feet tall, pets and cargo all at the same time! Fish eye mirrors strange at first, but handy. On Star navigation very convenient. Mfr warranty.

Suggested Improvements

improve cheap plastic interior, larger cup holders, higher armrests front and middle seat. Make Chevy options packages more affordable. I miss trip computer on center console from Toyota, its only visible by driver on dash in Traverse LT model. Backing uphill seems to lack power with fwd.

Way to go Chevy!
By Charlie

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this crossover for my wife. Her Toyota Sienna was coming off lease. The Traverse was quieter, rode nicer, and had more power than the Sienna. We had also decided to give an American car company a look. My wife has been very pleased with the Traverse. We've been getting around 20 mpg around town and 23 mpg on the highway. Really like the back-up camera and the leather interior. Also looked at a Buick Enclave but it was significantly more expensive for essentially the same vehicle. So far, we've been very glad we went with a Chevy.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, leather interior, ride and power.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage.