2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Very pleased
By chasman123 on 07/29/13 07:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought our 2010 new in 2009. Have been very pleased with the smooth and quiet ride. Did have to get the steering fixed due to it making noise when turning and also had the temperature controls replaced due to the paint wearing off the fan buttons. All of this was done under warranty. Overall we've been pleased with our Traverse. Now have 45,000 miles on it and it seems to be going strong.

Disappointed
By littlejen on 07/16/13 18:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got have a 2010 traverse. At first it seemed like a great car until about a year ago when it started falling apart. It is the worse feeling in the world having a 3 year old car that is always broken. At 65,000 miles we had to have the replaced warranty covered it, but not having my vehicle for a week was annoying. It costs 190$ to replace the headlights, they have to remove the front end to do it. Cosmetically its falling apart toggles and buttons are coming lose. It's currently in the shop again. As I'm driving down the road today the gas gauge starts flip flopping like a fish out of water and it won't shift gears. Lithia has my car more than I do.

Front end problems
By charliedog2 on 05/23/13 14:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the Traverse new in December 2010. In June 2011 at 24,000 kms, both front struts and shocks along with other misc. items replaced under warranty. Now at 48,000 kms, the struts and mounts are completely warn out and need to be replaced. The warranty went off 5 months ago at age 3.The vehicle is only 3.4 years old and on second rebuild of front end. My wife drives this vehicle in the city and on the Hwy. It has seen no gravel and is basically a kid, dog, and grocery hauler. We are very disappointed with this vehicle. The Fuel economy is no where near what they promised. Going down hill with the wind at your rear you may get 21 mpg. No more Chevy Products for this family.

40,000 Miles and Not Happy!
By steelfn on 03/03/13 17:52 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Traverse LT2 with 9,000 miles and have not been happy with the vehicle since purchase. Build quality and reliabitlity have been huge concerns, with squeeks, rattles, poor dual-climate control, and now, at 40,000 miles, the front struts have to be replaced. Gas mileage is not anywhere near the EPA estimate of 23 mpg on the highway.....my Traverse has never exceeded 19 mpg on the highway. In doing some research recently, I see that other Traverse owners have had a lot of problems with the suspension, as well. Wish I would have known that before purchase.

15 mpg - GM told me that's not bad for this car
By ddufort13 on 04/24/12 19:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Traverse has a good interior design, great handling and power, but I average 15 mpg vs the sticker that indicates an average on 19 mpg. I registered a complaint with GM, my service guy at Chevy indicated he only got 13 mpg. GM told me, and I quote, "The car is performing as per specifications. I see you're getting 15 mpg, and that's not bad for this car!!!" I told them they should advertise that. 15 mpg isn't that bad, even though they advertise 16-23 mpg. If you want performance with poor MPG, this is the SUV for you. If you're looking for performance and fuel economy stay away.

2010 Traverse could improve some
By workingmom_33 on 12/05/11 19:00 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Traverse new in Aug 2010 and love it. It offers lots of room, great ride, and kid friendly. It is now 16 months old w/ less than 17k mi. I am disappointed to have the steering make a whistle noise when turning and the buttons on the a/c control panel are beginning to wear. Does anyone else have these same issues? Other than those issues, which I am hoping the dealership can resolve, I plan to keep for a while.

I like the Traverse, but don't think it's worth the cost.
By kbb613 on 10/16/11 18:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Traverse new in 2010, trading in a well-used Tahoe. We thought it would be a little more family friendly and less "truck-like" for me to drive. My husband is military, so he is gone often and I do a lot of driving long distances by myself. Has 37k miles on it (about 30k of which is highway mileage) and is regularly maintained at a Chevy dealer. I had the steering rack replaced at 35k mi which was luckily under warranty. Now I need to have the o2 sensor replaced and it's out of warranty. I also had problems with the tire sensors. Granted these are not major repairs, but it seems like I am being "nickel & dimed" on a $30k car. Feel I could have spent less and had less troubles!

Trade my 07 Tahoe for the 2011 Traverse
By maintainer on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This Vehicle has the seating capacity of my Tahoe with better gas mileage. I don't tow anything so I don't miss the extra horse power of the Tahoe although I do miss the design a little bit. The Traverse is a great vehicle and I love the way I love the way it handle in town and on the HWY. I am getting right at 19 MPG's combined but I still have under 1k miles so that should increase. I love the blue-tooth capabilities and the directions & connections plan with on-star. I can ask for an address and it is downloaded to the Nav system while I am driving.

Hesitant
By vette50th on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had just finished up my 5th Jeep and decided to try a GM product this time for my daily driver. After about 1,500 miles the transmission would rev, not go into reverse, sound weird, etc. Took it in and they said the computer needed re-flashed. Then, at 8,500 miles, I tried to go from a traffic light - nothing. Took it in, they said "something broke". It's been down for a week. Hopefully I can regain my confidence in this vehicle, I do like it.

Great ride
By driver on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive--doesn't feel like 5,000 pounds. Towed ATVs through mountain roads smoothly. Quiet. Backup camera a must. In fixing the reluctance to downshift, they went too far and mileage suffers. Getting 15 city and 21 highway despite very moderate driving. Overall, very enjoyable and functional vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*