Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Always At The Dealer For Repairs
By rogersson

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unreliable ... This was purchased as a family vehicle but we've had little time to enjoy it. There is always a recall or a warning light when driven. We are fearfully that it will leave the family stranded on the side of the road. Air bag warning lights always flashing. Blinkers that stop working whenever they desire. AC unit that stops working while driving, which forces you to stop and restart the SUV to get the AC blowing(95-105 temp in the south.. AC required). Radio stays on when the key is out of the ignition and you have left the SUV, which drains the battery. Worst issue, the Dealer does not know how to correct any of the issues.

Interior space and design. Ground Clearance

The manufacturer should built an SUV that they can actually fix and repair. The Dealer Shops should be provided with accurate information they can use to correct issues. The issues I am experiencing are not new to this SUV. Maybe the manufacturer and dealers should search Google for a resolutions to these issues.

40,000 Miles and Not Happy!
By steelfn

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Traverse LT2 with 9,000 miles and have not been happy with the vehicle since purchase. Build quality and reliabitlity have been huge concerns, with squeeks, rattles, poor dual-climate control, and now, at 40,000 miles, the front struts have to be replaced. Gas mileage is not anywhere near the EPA estimate of 23 mpg on the highway.....my Traverse has never exceeded 19 mpg on the highway. In doing some research recently, I see that other Traverse owners have had a lot of problems with the suspension, as well. Wish I would have known that before purchase.

Very room inside and accomodates family of 5 very well.

2010 Traverse could improve some
By workingmom_33

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Traverse new in Aug 2010 and love it. It offers lots of room, great ride, and kid friendly. It is now 16 months old w/ less than 17k mi. I am disappointed to have the steering make a whistle noise when turning and the buttons on the a/c control panel are beginning to wear. Does anyone else have these same issues? Other than those issues, which I am hoping the dealership can resolve, I plan to keep for a while.

Backup camera is a fantastic feature but also a must. The DVD player is great for the kids, especially on long trips. Lots of cargo room. Easy to operate third row seats. Love the remote start and automatic liftgate.

Gas mileage could improve. Storage for the DVD headsets would be nice to have. Find a fix for steering noise and wearing of the buttons.

One of the best
By BE

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just put 4000 miles on the Traverse, driving 10-12 hours at time. It is a great vehicle and handles well. GM could not have done better. Glad I did not buy anything else. I have had people stop me and ask me about the Traverse, I tell them I love it and would buy another.

Handling, ride comfort, styling, seating for more than 6, quality of construction

Better fuel economy, but it is better than anything else the same size. I am getting 21.5

Comfortable Ride
By GAChevyOwner

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have now had the Traverse for 10 months and it's extremely comfortable. Can't feel road bumps which is nice! I have a 1 hour commute each way with lots of traffic and get the promised 17 MPG in the city. Haven't had a chance to take a long road trip yet, but the couple of short trips we have taken, we are extremely happy. I have had full grown adults in the 3rd row and all have said the room is great. The only complaint I have is the side mirrors need to be redesigned. Water collects on them in the rain and makes it impossible to see, with the huge blind spots in this vehicle, the side mirrors are a must! I wish the sun/moonroof had a hard cover to block out sun when needed.

Leg and head room, temp controls, cargo space, cargo compartment, Sun roof/moonroof

Redesign side mirrors (need to be recessed as to not collect rain water), shade for sun/moonroof should be a complete block rather than the cheap mesh cover. MGP could be improved with today's technology.