2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Always At The Dealer For Repairs
By rogersson on 08/23/14 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unreliable ... This was purchased as a family vehicle but we've had little time to enjoy it. There is always a recall or a warning light when driven. We are fearfully that it will leave the family stranded on the side of the road. Air bag warning lights always flashing. Blinkers that stop working whenever they desire. AC unit that stops working while driving, which forces you to stop and restart the SUV to get the AC blowing(95-105 temp in the south.. AC required). Radio stays on when the key is out of the ignition and you have left the SUV, which drains the battery. Worst issue, the Dealer does not know how to correct any of the issues.

40,000 Miles and Not Happy!
By steelfn on 03/03/13 17:52 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Traverse LT2 with 9,000 miles and have not been happy with the vehicle since purchase. Build quality and reliabitlity have been huge concerns, with squeeks, rattles, poor dual-climate control, and now, at 40,000 miles, the front struts have to be replaced. Gas mileage is not anywhere near the EPA estimate of 23 mpg on the highway.....my Traverse has never exceeded 19 mpg on the highway. In doing some research recently, I see that other Traverse owners have had a lot of problems with the suspension, as well. Wish I would have known that before purchase.

2010 Traverse could improve some
By workingmom_33 on 12/05/11 19:00 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Traverse new in Aug 2010 and love it. It offers lots of room, great ride, and kid friendly. It is now 16 months old w/ less than 17k mi. I am disappointed to have the steering make a whistle noise when turning and the buttons on the a/c control panel are beginning to wear. Does anyone else have these same issues? Other than those issues, which I am hoping the dealership can resolve, I plan to keep for a while.

One of the best
By BE on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just put 4000 miles on the Traverse, driving 10-12 hours at time. It is a great vehicle and handles well. GM could not have done better. Glad I did not buy anything else. I have had people stop me and ask me about the Traverse, I tell them I love it and would buy another.

Comfortable Ride
By GAChevyOwner on 08/17/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have now had the Traverse for 10 months and it's extremely comfortable. Can't feel road bumps which is nice! I have a 1 hour commute each way with lots of traffic and get the promised 17 MPG in the city. Haven't had a chance to take a long road trip yet, but the couple of short trips we have taken, we are extremely happy. I have had full grown adults in the 3rd row and all have said the room is great. The only complaint I have is the side mirrors need to be redesigned. Water collects on them in the rain and makes it impossible to see, with the huge blind spots in this vehicle, the side mirrors are a must! I wish the sun/moonroof had a hard cover to block out sun when needed.

Satisfied customer
By Steve Hamachi on 04/23/10 22:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We are very satisfied with this car. It's fun and easy to drive, and it has plenty of power. We love the side mirrors,the back up camera, and the cargo space. Actually, one of the main reasons we decided on the Traverse was because of the generous cargo space. We purchased running boards and think they are a must, and should be an automatic part of the car.

Cool mini van thats not a mini van!
By dustin on 04/18/10 00:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Growing family. Researched Odyssey, Sienna, Acadia, Enclave. Chevy has done an exceptional job melding family car practicality and economy with cool car styling and pep together into one. My wife and I LOVE driving it, kids seem happy too. Traverse is the perfect fit for us based on style, comfort options and cost. "Like a minivan buts its not", is the best way to put it. Had to punch it while merging to avoid a big rig there was no problem, lots of pep, even felt sporty. Excellent safety! extremely low road noise even with the dual sunroofs. Bose sound system is totally worth your dollar. The DVD system is awesome, keeps the kiddos so happy on the road. It felt good to buy American.

Love It
By RedSmith on 03/31/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Plenty of room. Great for car poolers whose kids have backpacks. Ample legroom, headroom, and cargo space. We love the styling. The dash is a bit disappointing, as the RPM indicator is almost as big as the speedometer, and markings on the controls could be more user friendly. The Bose stereo sounds very good. We have the sunroof up front, and the kids have the moonroof in back, which they definitely like. All the room plus the moonroof give an open feel in back that helps on trips. My wife had to hit the breaks hard when a truck in front of her dropped a dresser while doing 70. It stopped fast and straight. We are very pleased overall, and feel good we bought American.

Nice vehicle for the price.
By JenJ on 12/01/09 11:28 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Traverse is very fun to drive and is much more attractive than our previous Uplander mini-van. The interior is very nicely designed and the Bose stereo system is wonderful. I do find that there are quite a few blind spots and my visibility in the Traverse is not as good as it was in the van. I agree with the previous review, the brakes aren't as responsive as I expected. The gas mileage is working out to be less than promised but still better than a truck or SUV. Overall, a very nice vehicle for the price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$131 per month*