2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Very pleased
By chasman123 on 07/29/13 07:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought our 2010 new in 2009. Have been very pleased with the smooth and quiet ride. Did have to get the steering fixed due to it making noise when turning and also had the temperature controls replaced due to the paint wearing off the fan buttons. All of this was done under warranty. Overall we've been pleased with our Traverse. Now have 45,000 miles on it and it seems to be going strong.

Traverse - Stay Away From It!
By sad Travese owner on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where to start, after only a few weeks of owning this thing its started having problems. 1st thing it will literally jerk you off the road! It jerks to the right it jerks to the left. Once it shot me completely into the opposite lane! That being the worse problem the Cruise control works when it wants to an shuts off when it doesn't want to, the speedometer drops 20 miles at random. When you shut the doors it sounds like the window will break. You cant have the back Windows down unless the front Windows are down because its so loud, it makes a chopping sound and vibration. And don't crack the Windows in the rain it will dump water all over you. The airflow coming in through the vehicle smells

Great but the milage
By Steve on 08/28/10 21:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Traverse about 5 months ago and love it. With the second row captain's chairs there is little difference in space when compared to our previous minivan. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and the power is there when you need it. We use it to tow a 24 ft trailer (3700 lbs dry) - it tows it no problem, but you can feel the trailer behind you. Over all we are very happy with the vehicle, the only complaint would be the mileage. When we first bought it we were getting no where near the advertised mpg. However, now that we've put 5,000 on the vehicle the mileage is improving. I can now get the advertised mileage on the hwy if I drive 60 - 65+ and the mileage drops dramatically.

Way to go Chevy!
By Charlie on 08/17/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this crossover for my wife. Her Toyota Sienna was coming off lease. The Traverse was quieter, rode nicer, and had more power than the Sienna. We had also decided to give an American car company a look. My wife has been very pleased with the Traverse. We've been getting around 20 mpg around town and 23 mpg on the highway. Really like the back-up camera and the leather interior. Also looked at a Buick Enclave but it was significantly more expensive for essentially the same vehicle. So far, we've been very glad we went with a Chevy.

Very Nice Alternative to MiniVan
By Laurie on 07/28/10 16:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven mini vans since the early 1990's and this vehicle is the next best thing for space and comfort. Actually had my heart set on replacing my 5 year old AWD Toyota Sienna, which was a lemon, with another Sienna, but the Traverse won. Lots of cheap plastic finish features in 2010 chevys, fords and toyotas we test drove. Gas mileage about as expected around 20 mpg. I chose fwd instead of awd to save $2000 and higher auto insurance for awd. Hoping I don't regret it. Relying on stability and traction control to get through northern US winters. On Star and satellite radio are a new treat for us. Nice features. I think Chevy did this one right and they must too, warranty is best I've seen.

jiggy widit
By Mo-Town Nurse on 07/04/10 08:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had it about a week. Yes, it has some shortcomings ( I have been told I do too, imagine that) we are very happy with it. Plenty of room, quieter than the Trail Blazer trade-in. Looks good, comfortable, easy to drive and to ride in. Plenty of gadgets for "non-technos" to play with.

Traverse LT1
By Sharon on 06/17/10 12:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Traverse. However, my husband is 6-6 & we had to have the footrest removed which leaves a hole in the floor & 2 bolts sticking up. GM is trying to come up with a fix which seems to be pretty easy - create a flat cover instead of the foot rest. The foot rest takes of 3" of leg room. We bought the vehicle because we were told the foot rest could be removed without any problems. Just trying to get the fix completed. 100% satisfied otherwise. Our sales person was wonderful.

traded in 05 Uplander van for 10 Travers
By jtbea on 04/14/10 22:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The minivan had high miles, AC, door issues, and showing transmission issues plus we were tired of no tow power and also of 'mom' van image. Traverse is all the Uplander was not. Great incentives, design and features, dealer added bluetooth and remote start. We added 2-tone black/gray leather seats, heat warmers and DVD player as dealer after-market installs.. that's the way to go folks! Custom leather design for no more money and to my taste and better quality leather. Just wish center row seats were removable or easier to get to 3rd row for my teenagers.

new SUV to replace worn out Mini-van
By jtbea on 03/13/10 00:47 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

tired of tired mini-van with no towing capacity... but loved the 3 rows of seats and DVD player and gas mileage of van. Happened upon the traverse and happily traded in. Added on everything but sunroof and backup camera...even 2-tone leather seating. Wife loves it and kids love it... and Dad doesn't mind driving it either!

Great Vehicle!!! Go CHEVY!!
By Shawn on 01/10/10 21:01 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my chevy traverse. It handles great. Smooth ride and fun to drive. It is a driver's SUV. My limited options on the LT1 feels like I got a loaded version. The interior is nice and has the feel of luxury w/o leather. A great buy!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$126 per month*