Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

traction control and stabilitrak systems 2nd time
By vbwolf1

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Has anyone experienced your 2011 Traverse having a sudden loss of power and loss of acceleration followed by error messages for both the traction control and stabilitrak systems?? This is the 4th trip to the dealer when for my car losing all power following by the above error messages. There is no warning only ding.ding..ding and loss of power!! The dealer has said it was a sensor problem, then tried taking out the transmission and working on its sensors, and today they say it is a throttle body issue. Help! Has anyone else had this issue and what finally fixed your car?? Thank you for your help! My car has been having this issue for the past 8 months and has about 65,000 miles. Prior to this there were no big issues or problems with the car.The first time the dealer thought this was the computer board and at the cost of $1009.00 I am still having issues. Called Chevy main number spoke to Gwendolyn and she is going to ensure the dealership in Waldorf Maryland fixes this problem she personally is going to call the dealership. I told Chevy this car is not reliable I am afraid to drive my car. Its only 5 yrs old with 67,000 miles and is acting like 20 yr old car....This year 2010 and 2011 needs to be investigated for possible 50 state recall, to pay all repairs from here on out because of this issue...I was coming from the vet today and the car just powers down, all controls read nothing ( no water, no gas, no speed, everything is off the charts)...this is scary, you can make the car go because the gas isn't going through the car. Something is stopping everything.

Very satisfied until 92,000
By bobby22345

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this Traverse used @ 9000 miles. Really like the car until I took in for an oil change @ 92,000 miles. Advised that one strut was leaking. Replaced both cost $699.00, re-placed brakes $199.00 (which I understand), dealer very liberal in replacing water pump parts @ N/C.; rebuilt steering box @ N/C; still needs steering gear repaired @ $1289.00; advised today that the timing chain belt needs replacing $2000.00. This car was built in Tenn. Evidently they wanted to use all of their parts before closing the plant whether they were of good quality or not. I feel that this car needs re-built. Not a happy camper!!

Always At The Dealer For Repairs
By rogersson

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unreliable ... This was purchased as a family vehicle but we've had little time to enjoy it. There is always a recall or a warning light when driven. We are fearfully that it will leave the family stranded on the side of the road. Air bag warning lights always flashing. Blinkers that stop working whenever they desire. AC unit that stops working while driving, which forces you to stop and restart the SUV to get the AC blowing(95-105 temp in the south.. AC required). Radio stays on when the key is out of the ignition and you have left the SUV, which drains the battery. Worst issue, the Dealer does not know how to correct any of the issues.

Interior space and design. Ground Clearance

The manufacturer should built an SUV that they can actually fix and repair. The Dealer Shops should be provided with accurate information they can use to correct issues. The issues I am experiencing are not new to this SUV. Maybe the manufacturer and dealers should search Google for a resolutions to these issues.

Very pleased
By chasman123

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought our 2010 new in 2009. Have been very pleased with the smooth and quiet ride. Did have to get the steering fixed due to it making noise when turning and also had the temperature controls replaced due to the paint wearing off the fan buttons. All of this was done under warranty. Overall we've been pleased with our Traverse. Now have 45,000 miles on it and it seems to be going strong.

Love the leather seats, back up camera, and navigation.

Disappointed
By littlejen

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got have a 2010 traverse. At first it seemed like a great car until about a year ago when it started falling apart. It is the worse feeling in the world having a 3 year old car that is always broken. At 65,000 miles we had to have the replaced warranty covered it, but not having my vehicle for a week was annoying. It costs 190$ to replace the headlights, they have to remove the front end to do it. Cosmetically its falling apart toggles and buttons are coming lose. It's currently in the shop again. As I'm driving down the road today the gas gauge starts flip flopping like a fish out of water and it won't shift gears. Lithia has my car more than I do.

The outside look of the car, onstar always help us when we break down

Window noise issue, having to take it to the dealership to change the headlights( it can not be done at home my husband tried for 45 min before i called the dealership and they said it needed to be brought in) which they charge you 190$ to do, the constant not knowing what's going to happen next and being afraid my kids an I could be stranded in -50 or colder weather, starting issues it always misfires