2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Review: Wife Loves It, Period!

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Review

Wife Loves It, Period!
By Rye Man Vtown on

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I drive a VW Jetta and a Maxima and we needed to buy a SUV (NOo!!). But, our first baby is due in September and we needed a family car. So we went off and test numerous SUVs; Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Infinity FX35, Mazda CX-9 and Nissan Murano. All most of them had the same options and features, but somehow the Chevy Traverse stood out from all of them. First, the design was eye catching (Generally I don't like the look of Chevy cars) sexy and aggressive at the same time; Second, the features where all comparable or even better than the other top-end models of the other manufactures I mention above. Finally, the price and interest rate from Chevy BEAT all competitors. GO USA!!

All the controls were easy to use, especially the touch screen enter/Nav System. Auto start, Auto back lid opener, rear camera system and all safety features. I like the 20" rims, XM ac/heated seats, dual sun roof and the color(Metallic Black)! I guess we like everything, Hmmmmm. Go American!!

Better gas Millage can always be improved. Specs note 16mpg city and 23mpg hwy. We average 18+ driving in San Francisco, Bay area. The only way I see someone reaching the 24mpg mark is if you drive in as state that is flat and no traffic..(With a tailwind behind you) Note, its bigger than Yukon.