2009 Chevrolet Traverse 3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - So far so good!

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Review

So far so good!
By Johnny Thunders on

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm very tall (nearing 7') so it's hard to find a vehicle that just plain fits; other bells and whistles are a secondary concern. The Traverse is not only comfortable for me but offers incredible passenger room and storage capacity. Lots of great/thoughtful design choices in the cabin. Front seats are the most comfortable in the crossover class by a mile. I've been impressed by how well the A/C system heats/cools the large space, as well as how good the Bose speakers sound. The drive is superb: quiet, powerful, smooth. This should be high on the list for anyone in the SUV/crossover/minivan market. It's been years since I've had a GM, but the Traverse might well have brought me back for good.

Favorite Features

The ample safety features and thoughtfulness of the interior design are great. There are cupholders and places to store things everywhere you turn. Exterior styling is also nice. Back-up camera is very useful, as is the rear sonar system. Bose speakers work as advertised -- essential upgrade!

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see a little better mileage, but it's not easy to propel a 5000 lb vehicle down the road. The cabin does have a lot of plastic, but the "interface points" are made of different materials (leather, high quality rubber, etc.) that draw attention away from the plastic surroundings.