2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Review: My first american car - remind

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Review

LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

My first american car - reminded why
By Carlos on

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After owning only Honda/Toyota/Nissan in the past, I finally bought it because the 3rd row has easiest access of all SUV's with 3rd row we saw. It just seems American cars don't put the effort into designing things like foreign. Ran out of space for dislikes below: - Hood release lines up vertically with parking break (I've unlatched it couple times) -suv sways (hard to describe) on roads that are banked -2nd row seating tracks are exposed, food, debris can fall in the track -clothe hangers line up with back of 2nd row, clothe can't hang right -suv refuses to downshift. you have to give it a lot of gas before it gets it. -only 1 lever for wipers/turn/beams/etc (continued below)

-i do hand it to American cars, they look nicer than ever, yet still unoriginal -I like the external design -drives like a car (wife loves it), doesn't feel as big as it really is -access to 3rd row - the best! -auto dim rear view + rear camera -strong AC (we live in FL)

-button for compartment on top of dash is chrome, reflects sun into eyes -there's no OFF to headlamps (auto or on, but no off) -AC always defaults to FRESH instead of remembering last setting -no hooks in front to pull out of sand : ( -psngr front seat recline lever too small & hard to find.