Make the whole family happy!!!!!!!!!!!
By linda Jakson on
2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
We are a family of 5. Me, my husband and three grown children youngest one is 14 the other 2 twins are 16. So we needed room, my husband Mark was against a mini van and the gas mileages on most suvs are not good. We look at different vehicles for about a month off an on, mostly imports because of their reliabilities. Test drove the Honda Pilot and was about to buy when we saw the Traverse drive by. Read reviews,& went to dealer. Fell in love, At first we were going to buy one with the ench seat in the 2nd because of having 3 kids. Decided on capt's chairs. The kids all have plenty of room and fight over the the 3rd row because they sit in middle & stretch they leg between the capt's chairs.
Favorite Features
Very roomy, handles more like a car then a suv or mini van. Navigation with traffic updates have been right on so far. My favorite is the power 281 hp and we still get over 20 mpg. Most suvs that get that good of mpg are 250 hp or less.
Suggested Improvements
DVD Player screen to small does not look right. A vehicle this size should have a screen bigger then it is. Also would like to have a rear window that opens and I mean down into the door not like a hatch back.