Lovinitsofar
By P&A on
2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Two months old so can't speak for reliability. Love everything so far for our first chevy. Very roomy, feels expensive compared to old Jeep Cherokee we replaced. Good pick up speed, fairly quiet, very smooth, handles well. First tank of gas 16 mpg city with a few quick accelerations. We tested, Hyundai Veracruz, Kia Sorento and Borrego, and GMC Acadia. Chose Traverse over Acadia due to looks, price, and Edmunds reviews. Daughter loves hooking up PS2 and playing video games w/ rear DVD. We love the headphones she uses so we can play our satellite radio while she plays games or watches movies. I'm 5'7" 215lbs and fit comfortably in 3rd row. I will review again in about 6 months.
Favorite Features
Rear DVD with wireless headphones, Rearview backup camera, backup sensor, dual climate control, heated seats, 10 speaker bose system, remote start, powerlift and close rear gate, second row captains seats, blue tooth hands free phone....I think that's everything, oh and the quiet and smooth ride.
Suggested Improvements
Too many buttons on the center console, hard to find particular ones while driving. A little complex operating the radio for satellite and options, guess I have to read the owners manual. A little too much interior plastic. Need better interior color choices.