It's good but not great.
By john on
2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Bought this vehicle because I previously had a suburban that averaged 14 mpg. The Awd version which I have is supposed to average 23 mpg. Most of the time I am in the 17,18,19. It is a far cry from the 23 they advertise. I believe the vehicle lacks power and the v 6 in this vehicle needs an upgrade. Last the engine light kept coming on and now the dealer has told me that the vehicle with 32,000 miles on it needs a new belt( timing I believe). He said its a common problem in the Traverse. Besides that I think its a decent vehicle for your money. Gm has come a long way but they need too realize that they are not there yet. Its a good vehicle but not great.
Favorite Features
The styling of the vehicle is very nice. The front grill adds a distinct look for the vehicle. Rear sunroof was a very nice feature. Driving and handling are actually pretty good. Rear bucket seats are nice but don't move back far enough. DVD and Navigation are enjoyable also.
Suggested Improvements
More power in the acceleration of the vehicle. Better gas mileage or at least something close to what was promised. Better Navigation system as far a being more user friendly. Rear bucket seats that can actually recline more would definitely be an easy fix I would think.