2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Review: exceeded expectations

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Review

exceeded expectations
By Abe Hachmann on

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle as our primary family hauler. We really need the AWD and third row hauling capacity. The car drives and handles much better than the escape it replaced. The gas mileage is acceptable for a vehicle of this size although not much better than a Tahoe. Power is adequate even in mountain driving. The transmission is very smooth shifting. I find that is isn't slow to down shift at all but very quick to up shift.I assume that is to improve the mileage. So far we are averaging 19mpg in combined driving. I expect it to improve as it gets broken in. Cargo room is adequate for weekend trips without folding the seats down.

Bluetooth connectivity, 115v power outlet w/ DVD package, heated seats, ride quality, sliding middle row seats, easy fold third row, Standard rear view camera. having a brand new model that has been tested and proven by its GMC cousin.

make the LT seats as comfortable as the LTZ seats. A V8 option would be nice. Rear view camera gets dirty easily. More color choices.