2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Review: Consider me a fan!

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Review

Consider me a fan!
By Jason on

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my Traverse for a few weeks, and have put 700 miles on it. So far, it's been everything that I've expected, and I expected great things. There is plenty of room for my family of four (2 yr old and 7 mo old). Sliding the 2nd row seats back as far as they go gives a ton of room to get the kids in and out of their car seats. The cargo room behind the 3rd row fits our ginormous double stroller with no issues. I get 22-24 MPG on the hwy and 19 overall. Not bad, but I feel it could be better. The roof rack cross rails whistle terribly above 50MPH (I've removed them since). The 3rd row would be a tight fit for 3 average size adults, little head and hip room (I'm 5'9" 189lbs).

Exterior design Seat cloth is very nice and nice looking Backup sonar and camera Large cargo capacity

Only 2 LATCH positions in outside of 2nd row bench. Adding 1 to the middle would allow 2 carseats to be LATCHed and still let a seat slide forward to access the 3rd row Front 12V outlet is right above the cup holder. Larger plugs may hang over cup holder. Only 1 front 12V outlet.