Best of the Bunch!
By Ralph on
2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
My daughter had asked me to find her a crossover with capt chairs in the middle, leather seats, dual sunroof, DVD player and rear camera. I test drove Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander & Sequoia, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave and Mazda CX-9. This Chevy Traverse won over all these in almost every category. She didn't like the style of Honda and Toyota. The Buick did not have a strong feel to it on the road. The Acadia was her favorite but I kept after her about the fluky transmission leaving her somewhere. The Mazda was my favorite by feel and tranny. We both drove the Traverse and were blown away by it's responsive transmission and great ride. Try one out for yourself and you'll see!
Favorite Features
Strength of the ride is everything with this vehicle. Capt chairs in middle for easy access for the smallest child. Backup camera. Comfortable seats. Nice paint job.
Suggested Improvements
They do have small mirrors in the corners of each side view mirror but Mazda has a warning beep if you signal when someone is in your blind spot and with Florida drivers that's huge. Also I'm not excited about the sunroof screen slider. I prefer a complete cover.