A few concerns
By DParler on
2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I bought this SUV over a Toyota Highlander because I could negotiate a better price & I had $3500 worth of GM card points to further reduce the price. I also favored this vehicle over the Highlander because (1) it seats 8, not 7; (2) it has greater cargo room, ESPECIALLY when the rear seat is up; and (3) the seats split 60/40 so that one can go on vacation, comfortably seat 5, & still have room for luggage. As an owner, I have my concerns & disappointments. One of them is MPG consistently around 15.5 mpg. My wife's Sienna van gets 20 mpg under same conditions. You need to evaluate for yourself these "awkward features" ( 1) headrests; (2)seat comfort & adjust ability; (3) rear visibility.
Favorite Features
Split-row seats; easy access to third row; adequate cargo space in rear with third row seat up. On-Star is really cool and XM radio rocks ... but remember you are buying a vehicle and those are services taht require continual (paid) subscriptions.
Suggested Improvements
They REALLY do need to work on those headrests. Rear visibility is poor. Front seat does not lean forward ...it can slide forward on tract & has ordotic support, but doesn't tilt forward at waist. Also, steering wheel retracts but will not tilt for me to adequately view all of odometer readings.