Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Whinning noise
By mmrando8

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd trip back to dealer for whining noise under the hood. Purged the power steering lines the first time; didn't work. Took it back today and they have now replaced the steering rack. Seems there are some problems. Also had whining noise coming from steering column but after reading another blog, I'm guessing that noise will be gone as well. Going to get it now. Will let you know more tomorrow. Absolutely love this car though. Super fun to drive, roomy on the inside.

Favorite Features

Pick-up; rear camera; 7 passenger seating; power lift gate;

Suggested Improvements

Better second row seat handles to move them with; make the second row seats removable. This feature is great on long trips with long-legged teens. More power outlets. Black metallic paint is very susceptible to chips. Need more durable clearcoat.

I Love My Car
By Farm Girl

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2LT Traverse for over a year now and am still LOVING it!! It's way fun to drive and plenty roomy inside. No complaints about quality or reliability at all. My mpg is averaging 18-19 even though I drive like a hellion on twisty-turny country roads. If my hubby drives on longer trips, he'll get 22-23 mpg. I had a Ford Edge before this and its EPA estimates were the same, but it got better mileage in real life. I had the jerky tranny problem too for a long time, but at 20,000 miles it seems to have smoothed out nicely. I had trouble with the headrests also, but fixed it by raising them as high as they'll go. Oh, and the storage on the dash is perfect for sunglasses!

Favorite Features

bluetooth, automatic tailgate, heated seats, rearview camera, the way the 3rd row folds down, storage, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility needs improvement-- that rear window is tiny and not only looks ugly, you can't see out of it. Needs controls for rear heat/air in the front--I have small kids and they can't reach the controls but they get bumped sometimes and I don't know it because I can't see from the front

Best suv weve ever had
By pands from mo.

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love the interior, everything is Handy. The awd has gotten us through several bad snow storms. The leather heated seats are very comfortable and plenty of room for trips. Couldn't be ant happier.

Favorite Features

mileage,seats bose speakers

Suggested Improvements

can't think of any

Chevy Traverse
By 2009 Chevy Traverse

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 traverse is a year old and I'm not impressed with the gas mileage. About 16 mpg is the best that I have got. Also, I have tan leather seats and the drivers and passengers seat have black on them, they have been replaced once and now they are doing it again. It's like the leather is not real leather. Even the dealership could not get the black off the leather. Very disappointing.

A great comeback.....
By Chevy Lover

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well I was raised on Chevy's and for many reasons, fell away from them in the late Seventies. GM finally saw the light and has produced some fine vehicles that compare and surpass in ways the Japanese vehicles. The Traverse is one such vehicle. The smooth quiet ride, the agile handling, the options to please. It may not have an over 30 mpg, but it's a welcome gift for large guys like Myself. It surpasses the Honda Pilot and anyone looking for a roomy SUV/CUV should definitely test drive this vehicle! It also heralds some great safety ratings as well...and the AWD is great in winter conditions. Try it you'll love it!

Favorite Features

The Bose stereo is second to none. It was a requirement I had due to my experiences with it on My previous vehicle, which was an Acura, yes that's right.....so be prepared to be pleasantly surprised with this Chevy.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure the sunroof screen is as good as a solid one....but so far no real issues. I'll keep you informed however.