2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
09 Traverse LTZ AWD Thumbs up so far
By stormin800 on 08/14/09 20:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 07 Yukon Toy hauler and gas guzzler for this surprisingly fuel efficient roomy toy hauler. I have been very happy so far with the performance, handling and towing capacity. It is almost as roomy as the Yukon was inside from a driving and cargo perspective. All this with a 5-6 mile per gallon improvement. I am a big person,so I needed the leg room and seat support and the traverse has met this demand rather easily. So far, big thumbs up.

A little disappointed
By Nell on 08/10/09 08:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Front headrests are VERY uncomfortable. The 2nd row (bench seating) can be moved forward and back, we thought this was great until we realized the the track it runs on creates a little crevice on the floor. We've lost kids DS games in there not to mention the "stuff" that is getting stuck in there. Also when moving the seat to get to third row, it crushes the mat on the floor, it does not accommodate for that - bad design. The car drives great on the highway but does not shift down very smoothly making city driving a little jerky. We almost bought the Ford Flex and are having buyer's remorse. Traverse still kinda looks like our old van on the outside.

gas guzzler
By larry on 08/09/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicles is easy and fun to drive. Easy to park and get in and out of. I only wish I had listened to some other reviews on the bad gas mileage. I was expecting to get at least 15 miles a gallon since it is rated to get 17 in the city. But I am so dissapointed I that I get 12-13 mpg in the city. I see others say that they get great gas mileage, and others say they are getting very bad mileage like me. So maybe I got stuck with one of the bad ones: (

Warning: Airbag Sensor Problems!
By PAW483 on 08/06/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Chevy Traverse LTZ on January 2, 2009. We bought this because it was very similar to our Cadillac SRX which was also fully loaded (and it actually has a real 3rd row!). We did some research and found that the safety rating was perfect and the airbag system was top of the line. We wanted this to be our family vehicle. However, within two weeks of our purchase we made a cross country trip to Chicago for a family members funeral (I don't fly and always drive.) That's when I first notice our "CHECK AIRBAG SYSTEM" warning light came on. Well, to make a long story short. This problem has happened 5 times and they have made repair attempts and the problem still occurs. (See Below).

Mixed review from our household!
By Air Force wife on 08/06/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this to replace hubby's 10-year old Chrysler Sebring convertible. Hubby is 6'4" & fits well in the car. He loves everything about it. I am a bit pickier. Overall, it drives well, is mostly comfy (front head rests annoying), & has great storage for our 2 small kids w/car seats & a stroller in back. I drive a 2004 Toyota RAV4 (base model) & there are things my RAV has that this doesn't, like cup holders that adjust (this car has lots of cup holders, but only 2 hold a 20 oz. bottle), stereo controls on the steering wheel, & a cargo cover. Spare tire & jack cost $75 extra on the Chevy! Would still buy again because we couldn't afford anything more. Cargo space is worth it.

Good for the family
By Happy in Illinois on 08/06/09 03:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had our Traverse for a couple of weeks but we love it so far. It is great for our family of 5 as we traded in a Yukon XL. The only issue which isn't much is the transmission, but nothing is perfect. Love the ride, comfort, captains chairs and interior styling. The wife wanted an Acadia but she is very happy with the Traverse. Hopefully we won't be disappointed down the rode. Happy so far.

nice change
By Beez on 08/04/09 18:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We where in the market to replace our Mini Van and did not want another. We also did not like the Large SUV's so the Chevy traverse cross over was the perfect fit. It comfortable fits 8 and has room for our junk.

Satisfied with Traverse
By Satisfied on 08/03/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Traverse in November of 08. Extremely happy with the car at first but after 6 months you begin to realize the faults and what makes it a Chevrolet. I love the versatility of the car and love the way it drives. At first I really enjoyed the interior but after you get to know it, you realize there is a lot of plastic used in the car. Paying full price for the LTZ, it would be nice to have leather in places where there is plastic.

Love this vehicle
By bobby on 08/03/09 06:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm really impressed with this car. If you are like I was, and couldn't stand the fact you are driving a minivan, but needed the passenger capacity (I have a wife, five young kids, and a disabled live-in-mother-in-law), give this vehicle a test drive. It's relatively affordable, fun to drive, and in no way do you ever feel like you're in a minivan. Well done, GM.

Love Our Chevy!
By Hansen Family on 07/29/09 21:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

New Traverse LT2 owners. Out grew our 5 passenger SUV as we needed more passenger and cargo space. Researched a lot of vehicles, including Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, Saturn Outlook, etc. This vehicle was, by far, our favorite. It has a great design, is very comfortable, drives like a car (instead of an SUV or minivan) and gave us the most features for our money. It feels like a luxury vehicle without the luxury vehicle price tag. We are glad to have an American made vehicle, especially one as fun as this! Welcome back Chevy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$123 per month*