Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Back pain from seats
By Frank

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drove this traverse for the first time from NY. To Florida taking the family to Disney and was very uncomfortable because the head rest is bent forward and the only way to get the head rest to align at proper angle is by reclining the back of the seat to an over relaxed recline. Anyway the day after arriving my back went out and I couldn't even stand up. Vac ruined. Just drove the car yesterday for 20 minutes and my back hurts today as I write. Also dealer sticker says 17 -24 mpg we avg 12.5 mpg city- on Disney trip 2400 miles round trip we avg 16.7 all highway. GM is deceitful, buy Ford.

back up camera screen is the rear view mirror. nice steering radius and acceleration. standard third row seat with very convenient fold up process from rear bumper.

Recall front seats they are a lawsuit in the making as I currently seek legal advice. Give people back money for false gas mileage advertising or the option to return the vehicle for a full refund. Oh yeah stop lying on your commercials that you paid back your bail out. 5 years ahead of schedule

I hate my Traverse, never buy gm again
By I HATE MY TRAVERSE!!

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very disgraceful gm, Chevrolet and dealership customer service, servicing, corporate office, deceptive dealer, 4019 miles dead no start, very poor 12.5 mpg, transmission issues, engine noises whistle knocking, brake squeals, poor visibility front bumper and backing, interior light stayed on 2 hours battery save feature malfunctioned, XM annoying calls, gm owner for 25 yrs and I'm done, will never buy gm again. Should of bought Honda/Hyundai. Stay away. Driver side under doors a small bar to protect plastic gas tanks on impact, hope it works? Driver window shimmy off track, dealer did not do detailing ripped me off $398. Gm/Chevy customer service no support claim dealers independently owned and can't help me.

Wish I could get my money back. GM will lose this 25 yr customer who's owned 2 gm's at most times. I will never buy gm again! Don't ever make a turn in front of someone very hesitant acceleration and stumbles. Blind spots. Need better cup holders and cabin filter for allergies pollen etc.

See above and:oil filter bad design, interior gets dirty easy, I have a larger truck and get better mpg (very deceptive) service claims mpg nothing can be done for me to see dealer bought at. Paid for rewards program and never received. Salesperson decptively charged extra for White. GMAC disgraceful too.

Unreliable
By rod howard

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ran great for 1500 miles and then the check engine light came on, 2 days in the shop for repairs. A month later the Traverse starts to jerk when accelerating causing transmission to fail, 4 days in the shop. Got it back and it ran great for 6 month it starts again. Trade for Lexus RX450h

Warranty it paid for all repairs and I got the Aveo to drive at no cost.

Engine and transmission lack Quality

Yes GM can build a great vehicle
By Rob

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car has plenty of interior room, looks great, excellent quality. Drives tight, stops quickly. I would recommend this to anyone wanting seating for 5 plus and wanting a good driving, cool looking and great on gas mileage this is the car for you.

Handling, gas mileage, fit and finish, braking.

Passenger side Power window
By Wykke

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing my 2009 traverse, I noticed the passenger side Power window going up slower than the other windows, also making a groaning sound as if it might not make it all the way closed. I took it to dealer and they said it was the power regulator and that they would order one. When it came in, I had the regulator rplaced. This did not help the problem. I went back and this time they said that the window was out of alignment and they aligned and lubed it. This still did not help they problem so I took it back again. this time, they said that it was normal for the window to operate slower and make a moaning noise. I still have the problem and will let my lawyer solve the problem.

I do like the dash, the size the radio and other features. this will be the first vehicle that I will not work on (can't find the engine) Mileage before oil changes

Gas Mileage and customer satisfaction