Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Unreliable
By rod howard

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ran great for 1500 miles and then the check engine light came on, 2 days in the shop for repairs. A month later the Traverse starts to jerk when accelerating causing transmission to fail, 4 days in the shop. Got it back and it ran great for 6 month it starts again. Trade for Lexus RX450h

Favorite Features

Warranty it paid for all repairs and I got the Aveo to drive at no cost.

Suggested Improvements

Engine and transmission lack Quality

Yes GM can build a great vehicle
By Rob

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car has plenty of interior room, looks great, excellent quality. Drives tight, stops quickly. I would recommend this to anyone wanting seating for 5 plus and wanting a good driving, cool looking and great on gas mileage this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage, fit and finish, braking.

Passenger side Power window
By Wykke

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing my 2009 traverse, I noticed the passenger side Power window going up slower than the other windows, also making a groaning sound as if it might not make it all the way closed. I took it to dealer and they said it was the power regulator and that they would order one. When it came in, I had the regulator rplaced. This did not help the problem. I went back and this time they said that the window was out of alignment and they aligned and lubed it. This still did not help they problem so I took it back again. this time, they said that it was normal for the window to operate slower and make a moaning noise. I still have the problem and will let my lawyer solve the problem.

Favorite Features

I do like the dash, the size the radio and other features. this will be the first vehicle that I will not work on (can't find the engine) Mileage before oil changes

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage and customer satisfaction

Whinning noise
By mmrando8

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd trip back to dealer for whining noise under the hood. Purged the power steering lines the first time; didn't work. Took it back today and they have now replaced the steering rack. Seems there are some problems. Also had whining noise coming from steering column but after reading another blog, I'm guessing that noise will be gone as well. Going to get it now. Will let you know more tomorrow. Absolutely love this car though. Super fun to drive, roomy on the inside.

Favorite Features

Pick-up; rear camera; 7 passenger seating; power lift gate;

Suggested Improvements

Better second row seat handles to move them with; make the second row seats removable. This feature is great on long trips with long-legged teens. More power outlets. Black metallic paint is very susceptible to chips. Need more durable clearcoat.

I Love My Car
By Farm Girl

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2LT Traverse for over a year now and am still LOVING it!! It's way fun to drive and plenty roomy inside. No complaints about quality or reliability at all. My mpg is averaging 18-19 even though I drive like a hellion on twisty-turny country roads. If my hubby drives on longer trips, he'll get 22-23 mpg. I had a Ford Edge before this and its EPA estimates were the same, but it got better mileage in real life. I had the jerky tranny problem too for a long time, but at 20,000 miles it seems to have smoothed out nicely. I had trouble with the headrests also, but fixed it by raising them as high as they'll go. Oh, and the storage on the dash is perfect for sunglasses!

Favorite Features

bluetooth, automatic tailgate, heated seats, rearview camera, the way the 3rd row folds down, storage, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility needs improvement-- that rear window is tiny and not only looks ugly, you can't see out of it. Needs controls for rear heat/air in the front--I have small kids and they can't reach the controls but they get bumped sometimes and I don't know it because I can't see from the front