Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

2010 Traverse LT
By Mike

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I like the vehicle however, Chev lies about MPG. I have the AWD and although I realize it won't be as good as the FWD it isn't anywhere near what it's supposed to be. Took it on a trip to NC mostly HGWY driving MPG is a paltry 17.5 a gallon - personally I think that's poor. I will be trading ASAP when financially feasible. Now I know why they are offering 0% financing for so long on this vehicle. If gas mileage is important run from this vehicle.

NONE

Gas mileage, rear visibility, the camera is awful, it's not true view so it's useless, it's like looking in a rounded mirror. There are better choices available, make one.

Great vehicle
By hawkeye

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have over 21,000 miles and love the vehicle. It has great power. I've had a transmission flash which improved what I considered good shifting, already.(people complaining of "slipping or harsh shifts" should get it) The interstate mpg is 22 at a steady 76 mph-back highways at 60mph is up to 24 mpg-around town is in the 14 mpg range.

The back up camera is great

The leather seats in the LT2 are a little hard.

I love the Traverse
By Mrs. Smitty

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had to chime in and defend my Traverse. We have had the car for one year now and we love it. It's a very comfortable and quiet ride. We have not experienced any of the rear end noises others seems to be having. We have two kids and a dog and love the flexibility of the seating - we can haul 5 kids and a dog, or a bunch of lumber. The sun roof is a nice feature although we don't use as much as I thought we would because of the noise and wind (we do a lot of highway driving). My husband and to talk me into an SUV - but I'm glad that he did. We test drove the Flex and some other vehicles similar to the Traverse and found the Traverse to offer to most style and value for our money.

Deep console storage, able to flip down some of all of seats, back hatch opens and closes with touch of button on key fab or on hatch.

The rear bucket seats could be more comfortable - they should be able to recline a little. Makes it hard to snooze on long trips.

2ndRowMidSeatUnusable
By mcspat

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in order to carry a crowd. The middle seat of the second row is unusable for more than a few blocks unless a small child is using it. Even a thin person will have the seat belt boring into their hip very uncomfortably. I have had it in to the dealer and they said that it was a design flaw and nothing could be done-- their words exactly. I just went and sat in the 2010 and it is the same way.

1 year and quite happy
By Gfi

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With about 13,000 miles, have not been back to dealer except for oil changes. Still very tight with no rattles. The car is very comfortable around town and on the highway. I get 24.7 on road at 72 mph. Around town, I get 20-21. Not bad for a comfortable, roomy, safe vehicle. I remain happy with this domestic car after more than 20 years of Hondas and Toyotas.

Back up camera. Dual sunroofs.

Like in my first review, a more seamless iPod connection would be a nice touch.