2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Should've stayed FORD!!
By Mark on 09/01/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Should have stayed Ford, decided to try Chevy, very disappointed with the performance and reliability. The Check engine light has come on over 7 times in less than 6 months, first few times they said the gas cap was not put on properly. Over 35 yrs of driving time, I know how to put a gas cap on. The 4th time a fuel injector was replaced, the 5th time back to Gas cap, 6th time they replaced a coil and spark plugs, 7th time yep you guessed it, Gas Cap. We like this vehicle, we are not happy with the performance, we got a lemon, working with GM to get it replaced. I know "Good Luck". GM had their chance, going back to Ford especially if they give me my money. Should've have stayed FORD.

Great Crossover value
By car lower on 08/29/09 08:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 09 Traverse LTZ after comparing GMC, Buick to other brands. Traverse seems to be the best value of the group. I can't wait to drive it on longer trips to experience all the features it has to offer. Comfort is much like sitting in a minivan so that you are not tired when you finish a trip.

Out the door trip
By Alan J. McTaggart on 08/27/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Took my Traverse with only 180 miles on it out to South Dakota on a 3,600 mi trip with absolutely no problems four adults and luggage everybody as comfortable gas mileage averaged 20.9 for the whole trip. More mileage on the vehicle the better the mileage. Could not have been happier with the vehicle.

Good All Around Crossover
By Nick on 08/24/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This fun-to-drive crossover has it all for a small family that will expand! Captain's chairs in second row perfect for a child seat, third row perfect for driving family around with your kids! Drives like a car with great acceleration for a heavy vehicle. All you would need with a family in back. Punch it and there's a bit of torque- steer. Not recommended with family in car! Bose stereo is great and all controls easy to navigate. Remote rear hatch very helpful and very good storage with third-row seats down. With a full car, good idea to purchase storage container for top of vehicle or extra storage on the hitch. Overall very satisfied with vehicle's mpg, 18 city, 25 hwy. Rview camera a +.

Still Loving my Traverse
By Rachel on 08/24/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I didn't think an American-made car could feel so luxurious. The interior is spacious and very comfortable with lots of leg room, even in the third row seating area. I love all of the storage compartments in the front driver's area too. The seats fold and move very easily to make more space for hauling when necessary. The back- up sensors and camera are great. My biggest complaint is the size of the buttons for turning A/C on or off, front or rear defrost on/off, etc. There's a cluster of 8 buttons and if you don't know just where the button is you're going for, it's a bit confusing and takes your attention from the road for a moment. Overall, fun to drive and I'm enjoying it!

Quality for the Money
By Eric on 08/24/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Traverse for over two weeks and it certainly shows the quality that American car manufacturers can showcase once again. We purchased a loaded 2LT and the ride quality is outstanding. The cabin is incredibly quiet, even with the sunroof opened. Our other vehicle is a 2007 PT Cruiser and the Traverse is doing nearly the same gas mileage of that small car! We're averaging 18.6 MPG with a heavy amount of in-town driving. When calculating the mileage with all the horsepower the Traverse has, I can see that if you are quick to take off at a green light, you can easily lower your MPG greatly. For the size of the vehicle, the fuel economy is good.

A few concerns
By DParler on 08/22/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this SUV over a Toyota Highlander because I could negotiate a better price & I had $3500 worth of GM card points to further reduce the price. I also favored this vehicle over the Highlander because (1) it seats 8, not 7; (2) it has greater cargo room, ESPECIALLY when the rear seat is up; and (3) the seats split 60/40 so that one can go on vacation, comfortably seat 5, & still have room for luggage. As an owner, I have my concerns & disappointments. One of them is MPG consistently around 15.5 mpg. My wife's Sienna van gets 20 mpg under same conditions. You need to evaluate for yourself these "awkward features" ( 1) headrests; (2)seat comfort & adjust ability; (3) rear visibility.

What Minivan???
By RipNGo on 08/19/09 06:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had been a Minivan Mom for 7 years. I have three kids and each with two sports/activities. Loved my minivan but wanted something different. I looked at the Mazda Cx-9, Toyota Highlander, and the Honda Pilot. NOTHING compared with the Traverse!! It fits eight passengers with comfort, It is easy to drive (although I was somewhat intimidated at first), and handles like a car and much better than my Minivan. Attn: Soccer Moms out there looking to move into a Crossover. This is the SUV. Kids love it. PS I saved money by getting the LT1 model and had the dealership wrap the seats in leather and install the DVD. Came out beautiful!!!!

very nice
By paulbier on 08/18/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

traded in Ford Explorer for Traverse. I was very happy with my Explorer and thus far the Traverse is a much more enjoyable. The interior comfort & drive is nicer. I purchased the captains chairs for the second row. With 2 young children, it is much more efficient to access the 3rd row. getting just under 18 mpg city.

Not your Mini van any more
By Jeff on 08/17/09 06:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My family and I (3 kids) needed something that could fit our needs but we do not like Mini-vans. This traverse is IT! It looks like a crossover, handles like a SUV but has the features of a minivan. The room and captains chairs are great for the younder kids, the oldest loves having the rear seat to herself. My wife and I have room in front and it is a safe handling vehicle as well. Very good work went into this vehicle to meet the needs of the family of today.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$123 per month*