2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Love my car
By traverseowner on 10/28/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Traverse to replace a 4-Runner. We love this car. The ride is very smooth. On two different road trips we have averaged 22 mpg. There is plenty of space for everything and everyone.

5000 mile review
By Upstate NY on 10/15/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've had the Traverse about 5 months now and 5000 miles. No problems to date (hasn't been back to the dealer) and both my wife and I really like the car. I see a lot of posts about poor mileage but we have consistently got 20 to 22 mpg in mixed suburban driving which in my estimation is great for such a large car. My only regret is that I did not buy an LT2 or LTZ package to get some of he features like backup camera, power folding mirrors, temperature controlled climate controls, and upgraded radio. People who ride in the car are surprized how quiet it is especially the engine (hard to tell it's running). I don't think Chevy has gotten the credit it deserves for this engine.

Not too bad
By Yosef Spinoza on 10/14/09 20:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When driving my Traverse LTZ from home to the baseball field, low milage, slow acceleration, slow downshift, poor rear window visibility are very disappointing BUT when the 6 passenger seats are full with my kids, their friends and their sport gadgets, the cargo area is loaded with their NY Yankees jackets, coolers, one bike, bats, gloves and balls and cup holders are all booked then I realize that I did not make a mistake. Driving back home turns into a joyful experience. I appreciate the stability, smooth and comfortable ride, nice interior design, amenities the vehicle has to offer, room and the feeling of driving a safe vehicle for my family (and their friends).

Great SUV!
By M. Cleveland on 10/02/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in an '06 Cadillac DTS; this rides every bit as smooth. Retired, but wanted the room to haul things - it's sort of our "car/truck". Lots of cargo space. Love the Bose sound system, great bass! Remote rear hatch is convenient & the fact we can change it to manual which allows us to open in the garage. The head rests were uncomfortable but just turned them around and they're fine. Cup holders are nice size; storage areas are adequate. Fuel economy is good considering my DH doesn't do gradual stops and tends to lead foot on take off; even then we're getting avg. 20 mpg city/hwy. A 75 mi. trip of 60 & 75 mph combined, averaged 26mpg. and a 158 mi hilly day trip-avg'd 22 mpg.

Traverse LTZ!
By Bigboy on 09/25/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Traverse after a lot of research considering primarily import SUV's. Poor experience with Nissan Pathfinder and support lead me back to a NA product. Dealer was very attentive and worked with me to get the right vehicle at the right price.

Exceptional Vehicle
By Paul on 09/25/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very impressed with this vehicle. Still own a 1998 Malibu and traded in our 2002 Venture. If I could only own 1 vehicle, this would be it. It does it all - it really shines on the highway. Good riding height and has a substantial presence on the road which helps with the big truck traffic. Around town is is very nimble and my average fuel economy is 20.1 at the moment which I think is pretty good for a 4700 pound 281 HP vehicle. The exterior styling is really one of the coolest crossovers made. I get a lot of comments about it and it makes most other vehicles look like antiques. Overall, very pleased with this purchase and hope to keep it for a long long time.

My first american car - reminded why
By Carlos on 09/20/09 02:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After owning only Honda/Toyota/Nissan in the past, I finally bought it because the 3rd row has easiest access of all SUV's with 3rd row we saw. It just seems American cars don't put the effort into designing things like foreign. Ran out of space for dislikes below: - Hood release lines up vertically with parking break (I've unlatched it couple times) -suv sways (hard to describe) on roads that are banked -2nd row seating tracks are exposed, food, debris can fall in the track -clothe hangers line up with back of 2nd row, clothe can't hang right -suv refuses to downshift. you have to give it a lot of gas before it gets it. -only 1 lever for wipers/turn/beams/etc (continued below)

LOve the vehicle
By Joe on 09/15/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I currently have 10,500 miles on my Traverse and I'm pretty happy with the comfort, performance and gas mileage the car has been getting. I drove a Tahoe before this and it's just as roomy and it gets better mileage. It's my first AWD car and I notice slipping when turning corners and rollback on inclines. Wondering if this is normal?

Traverse, sorry we bought it
By Linda Silvey on 09/13/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our traverse in June2009. The headrests are very uncomfortable and force a short person to keep their head bowed if they don't put a pillow behind their back. My husband has nearly wrecked it three times when trying to make a left hand turn due to the poor visibility when looking to the right to see if another vehicle is coming. It is hard to park because you cannot see the front end and it's very hard to back up due to the small window and the many blind spots along the sides (we have the economy model). The gas mileage is awful. We took a long trip and the highway mpg never got above 18 mpg. My biggest concern is safety. It is an accident waiting to happen.

Very Happy With Our Purchase
By stephen zeinner on 09/05/09 01:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since I have purchased foreign made cars over the past few years I was hesitant of getting back into the market for a domestic made automobile. We have been very happy with this vehicle. Gas mileage was a little disappointing at first but with mileage on car the mpg has improved to at least what the advertisement claims and at times a little better. I will gladly take a bit of inconvenience with the transmission shifting or not shifting especially for the mpg's.