Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

2ndRowMidSeatUnusable
By mcspat

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in order to carry a crowd. The middle seat of the second row is unusable for more than a few blocks unless a small child is using it. Even a thin person will have the seat belt boring into their hip very uncomfortably. I have had it in to the dealer and they said that it was a design flaw and nothing could be done-- their words exactly. I just went and sat in the 2010 and it is the same way.

1 year and quite happy
By Gfi

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With about 13,000 miles, have not been back to dealer except for oil changes. Still very tight with no rattles. The car is very comfortable around town and on the highway. I get 24.7 on road at 72 mph. Around town, I get 20-21. Not bad for a comfortable, roomy, safe vehicle. I remain happy with this domestic car after more than 20 years of Hondas and Toyotas.

Back up camera. Dual sunroofs.

Like in my first review, a more seamless iPod connection would be a nice touch.

Like it but I dont love it
By Daphne

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my certified 2009 Traverse. I am already thinking it's time to unload the truck. I think I need to purchase a 2010. The truck is making a whining noise that sounds like the power steering. I also noticed that the brakes tried to lock up this weekend. Last but not least, the dealership has inspected my car 2xs already. Today, will be the third time. This is costing me time and money. I haven't received my tags yet and the 30 day tags they issued expire tomorrow. I think its time to stop being nice. I do like the ride, the room and I'm proud to drive and American made vehicle.

Drive, cargo space and the room.

improve quality

Give me better gas mileage and quality
By Brian

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the vehicle, however it has not been without problems. One of the A/C ducts were inoperable and needed to be replaced. Next, the engine light kept coming on, ended up having to have the timing chains replaced. Gas mileage is not what was advertised. Struggle to average 17 MPG. Driving is pretty much a mix of hwy/city with slightly more city. Aside from those problems I do enjoy the drive, handling, interior design, storage space. It just stinks that I've had to deal with these problems, now my concern is longevity, will the vehicle hold of for years to come w/o additional problems.

Roominess, dual sunroofs, interior layout, handling.

GAS mileage and better build quality. Hate spending 36K for a vehicle and taking having toi take it to dealer for other than routine maintenance.

Noise in rear?
By MARIAH

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like my 09 traverse, but am confounded by a noise in the left rear. I have had it back to the dealer 3 times and they claim it is a suspension noise and not a problem. I'm not convinced. Has anyone else experienced this noise? It is a Rather loud thump. Also the driver's seat lumbar control is no longer working. Taking it in for that and the washer heater recall.

Love, love the backup camera, ease of the seat arrangement, and onstar

Back window is hard to see out of. The headroom is not adequate for anyone over 6'.