2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Great Car!
By DOzmore on 01/06/10 08:19 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Traverse. The 7 seats are so versatile and I use them all. The leather interior is easy to clean and keep clean. I really love to drive it, very comfortable - especially on road trips. There's so much room in the back! I really love this car.

Tire Chains Not Allowed
By BRYCE W KOPPER on 12/21/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love our 2009 Traverse but if you don't live in the mountains where chains are sometimes required you don't realize the problem you will encounter. Tire chains will not work on the Traverse which could pose quite a problem if you want to go skiing and you're not allowed to go up the mountain because the stupid vehicle was built so you can't use chains. What does GM expect? To be pulled up the mountain by a team of donkeys? I'm sorely disappointed with this flaw.

Broke down with less than 4K miles!
By recker on 12/16/09 18:42 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You would think that after making a 30K purchase, it would be reliable. GM dropped the ball. After owning for 4-5 months and less than 4000 miles our traverse has an "intermittent electrical issue", and will not start. The service department had to call GM's engineer dept to find out how to fix the issue. The fact that the service dept had to call GM on how to fix the problem is a scary thought. Never again!!

What about deep snow?
By Rondog on 12/10/09 10:56 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 Traverse AWD LTZ in July. I have been loving this new vehicle until yesterday. We had 14" of snow fall overnight. I cleared my driveway and backed into the street. A couple of 4 wheel drive vehicles had gone through but the plows had not. I was stuck immediately. I turned off the traction control and could not move the vehicle. My neighbors had to push me back into my driveway. I had a 4WD S-10 Blazer and was never stuck once in 10 years! I am so frustrated with this vehicle. I live in WI and we have some winters with numerous heavy snow falls. I think it is ground clearance and tire design. My other vehicles were dedicated 4WD and not AWD.

Great!
By dexterm on 12/06/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this SUV about 2 months ago and love it so far. We have been on a couple of road trips and it fits our family of 4 perfectly. It is roomy, drives nicely and the kids love the DVD player.

Really like it!
By The Dan on 12/04/09 20:25 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Traverse rides great. It is quiet, sure footed, accelerates acceptably, and has very good fit and finish. I would highly recommend the Traverse to anyone. I have two complaints. It doesn't always know what gear it wants to be in and will sometimes have a bit of an acceleration lag when you have slowed down but then press the gas (like when the light changes from red to green). I will press the gas, then press the gas some more until it figures out what gear needs to be in and will then accelerate excessively. The other complaint is that it is surprisingly large and takes some getting use to.

Great car
By Frank on 11/13/09 03:55 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace my wife's car, Honda Odyssey. After having this car for about 3 months we are really impressed. This is a well designed, comfortable car that we both enjoy driving very much. My wife likes it so much that she doesn't want to use it as our primary kid hauler, but as her car. Now we'll have to buy another car for the kids. Chevy did a nice job on this car.

Impressed former import owner
By GFI on 11/11/09 12:22 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased vehicle after more than 20 years of Toyotas and Hondas. I am well pleased with quality of design and with build quality. I have had four months of trouble free ownership and continue to be impressed by roominess, comfort, performance, and ride of vehicle. I was somewhat skeptical of domestic products, but am totally won over.

Same Old GM----Different Wrapper
By uptown48009 on 11/05/09 04:37 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle new. While demoing the middle captains chairs, the seat cover ripped. Took vehicle back for service and GM required them to restitch the seat....look like h... Called the dealer and they had to fight to get us a new seat cover..waited 3 weeks for callback only to find out the cover is on back order...tells you how many are ripping (poor design and build quality)...middle row flip seats are not as user friendly as depicted...had stain protection applied to fabric...got stains on seat...dealer could not get stain out...supposed to receive new seat cover....still fighting on that yet it is a selling point to the protection....SAME OLD GM>>>STAY AWAY

LOVE MY TRAVERSE
By christine on 10/31/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our LT1 Traverse in June and we love it !! I like the way it handles and it looks great.We have a sun and moon roof I have never had one before and I am enjoying them (so are my teenaged boys )I agree with one of the other reviews about when turning right it is very hard to see if anything is coming ,and the head rests are awkward .I am hoping it handles good in the snow as we get alot of it .There is so much room in them ,we packed all my son's stuff for college in it with putting down one of the 2nd row seats.There is enough room for my 5'10 and 6'1 tall boys in the back seat.I would recommend this car . I think next time we would like to upgrade to the LTZ with more features

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$123 per month*