2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
What about deep snow?
By Rondog on 12/10/09 10:56 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 Traverse AWD LTZ in July. I have been loving this new vehicle until yesterday. We had 14" of snow fall overnight. I cleared my driveway and backed into the street. A couple of 4 wheel drive vehicles had gone through but the plows had not. I was stuck immediately. I turned off the traction control and could not move the vehicle. My neighbors had to push me back into my driveway. I had a 4WD S-10 Blazer and was never stuck once in 10 years! I am so frustrated with this vehicle. I live in WI and we have some winters with numerous heavy snow falls. I think it is ground clearance and tire design. My other vehicles were dedicated 4WD and not AWD.

Great!
By dexterm on 12/06/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this SUV about 2 months ago and love it so far. We have been on a couple of road trips and it fits our family of 4 perfectly. It is roomy, drives nicely and the kids love the DVD player.

Really like it!
By The Dan on 12/04/09 20:25 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Traverse rides great. It is quiet, sure footed, accelerates acceptably, and has very good fit and finish. I would highly recommend the Traverse to anyone. I have two complaints. It doesn't always know what gear it wants to be in and will sometimes have a bit of an acceleration lag when you have slowed down but then press the gas (like when the light changes from red to green). I will press the gas, then press the gas some more until it figures out what gear needs to be in and will then accelerate excessively. The other complaint is that it is surprisingly large and takes some getting use to.

Great car
By Frank on 11/13/09 03:55 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace my wife's car, Honda Odyssey. After having this car for about 3 months we are really impressed. This is a well designed, comfortable car that we both enjoy driving very much. My wife likes it so much that she doesn't want to use it as our primary kid hauler, but as her car. Now we'll have to buy another car for the kids. Chevy did a nice job on this car.

Impressed former import owner
By GFI on 11/11/09 12:22 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased vehicle after more than 20 years of Toyotas and Hondas. I am well pleased with quality of design and with build quality. I have had four months of trouble free ownership and continue to be impressed by roominess, comfort, performance, and ride of vehicle. I was somewhat skeptical of domestic products, but am totally won over.

Same Old GM----Different Wrapper
By uptown48009 on 11/05/09 04:37 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle new. While demoing the middle captains chairs, the seat cover ripped. Took vehicle back for service and GM required them to restitch the seat....look like h... Called the dealer and they had to fight to get us a new seat cover..waited 3 weeks for callback only to find out the cover is on back order...tells you how many are ripping (poor design and build quality)...middle row flip seats are not as user friendly as depicted...had stain protection applied to fabric...got stains on seat...dealer could not get stain out...supposed to receive new seat cover....still fighting on that yet it is a selling point to the protection....SAME OLD GM>>>STAY AWAY

LOVE MY TRAVERSE
By christine on 10/31/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our LT1 Traverse in June and we love it !! I like the way it handles and it looks great.We have a sun and moon roof I have never had one before and I am enjoying them (so are my teenaged boys )I agree with one of the other reviews about when turning right it is very hard to see if anything is coming ,and the head rests are awkward .I am hoping it handles good in the snow as we get alot of it .There is so much room in them ,we packed all my son's stuff for college in it with putting down one of the 2nd row seats.There is enough room for my 5'10 and 6'1 tall boys in the back seat.I would recommend this car . I think next time we would like to upgrade to the LTZ with more features

Like my LTZ So Far
By andylibby on 10/28/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I came close to buying the Buick Enclave but got the Traverse for three reasons: (1) Price, the Buick would have cost $3 to $4m more similarly equipped, (2) I got a huge rebate for buying the 09, and (3) I don't like fake wood trim and the Buick is full of it. I liked everything about the Buick better except for the fake wood and the extra $$$, but the Traverse LTZ is an awesome car with all the goodies and I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Love my car
By traverseowner on 10/28/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Traverse to replace a 4-Runner. We love this car. The ride is very smooth. On two different road trips we have averaged 22 mpg. There is plenty of space for everything and everyone.

5000 mile review
By Upstate NY on 10/15/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've had the Traverse about 5 months now and 5000 miles. No problems to date (hasn't been back to the dealer) and both my wife and I really like the car. I see a lot of posts about poor mileage but we have consistently got 20 to 22 mpg in mixed suburban driving which in my estimation is great for such a large car. My only regret is that I did not buy an LT2 or LTZ package to get some of he features like backup camera, power folding mirrors, temperature controlled climate controls, and upgraded radio. People who ride in the car are surprized how quiet it is especially the engine (hard to tell it's running). I don't think Chevy has gotten the credit it deserves for this engine.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$122 per month*