2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Passenger side Power window
By Wykke on 03/05/10 17:35 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing my 2009 traverse, I noticed the passenger side Power window going up slower than the other windows, also making a groaning sound as if it might not make it all the way closed. I took it to dealer and they said it was the power regulator and that they would order one. When it came in, I had the regulator rplaced. This did not help the problem. I went back and this time they said that the window was out of alignment and they aligned and lubed it. This still did not help they problem so I took it back again. this time, they said that it was normal for the window to operate slower and make a moaning noise. I still have the problem and will let my lawyer solve the problem.

Whinning noise
By mmrando8 on 02/25/10 13:15 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd trip back to dealer for whining noise under the hood. Purged the power steering lines the first time; didn't work. Took it back today and they have now replaced the steering rack. Seems there are some problems. Also had whining noise coming from steering column but after reading another blog, I'm guessing that noise will be gone as well. Going to get it now. Will let you know more tomorrow. Absolutely love this car though. Super fun to drive, roomy on the inside.

I Love My Car
By Farm Girl on 02/16/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2LT Traverse for over a year now and am still LOVING it!! It's way fun to drive and plenty roomy inside. No complaints about quality or reliability at all. My mpg is averaging 18-19 even though I drive like a hellion on twisty-turny country roads. If my hubby drives on longer trips, he'll get 22-23 mpg. I had a Ford Edge before this and its EPA estimates were the same, but it got better mileage in real life. I had the jerky tranny problem too for a long time, but at 20,000 miles it seems to have smoothed out nicely. I had trouble with the headrests also, but fixed it by raising them as high as they'll go. Oh, and the storage on the dash is perfect for sunglasses!

Best suv weve ever had
By pands from mo. on 02/11/10 15:16 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love the interior, everything is Handy. The awd has gotten us through several bad snow storms. The leather heated seats are very comfortable and plenty of room for trips. Couldn't be ant happier.

Chevy Traverse
By 2009 Chevy Traverse on 02/01/10 07:44 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 traverse is a year old and I'm not impressed with the gas mileage. About 16 mpg is the best that I have got. Also, I have tan leather seats and the drivers and passengers seat have black on them, they have been replaced once and now they are doing it again. It's like the leather is not real leather. Even the dealership could not get the black off the leather. Very disappointing.

A great comeback.....
By Chevy Lover on 01/30/10 08:04 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well I was raised on Chevy's and for many reasons, fell away from them in the late Seventies. GM finally saw the light and has produced some fine vehicles that compare and surpass in ways the Japanese vehicles. The Traverse is one such vehicle. The smooth quiet ride, the agile handling, the options to please. It may not have an over 30 mpg, but it's a welcome gift for large guys like Myself. It surpasses the Honda Pilot and anyone looking for a roomy SUV/CUV should definitely test drive this vehicle! It also heralds some great safety ratings as well...and the AWD is great in winter conditions. Try it you'll love it!

Love this SUV!
By Jen on 01/18/10 22:31 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed this care VERY much! It drives like a dream and is cozy and quiet inside and out. It is wonderful in the snow too, though I haven't driven it in VERY deep snow yet. It sticks to the road and I have yet to slide in bad weather. I feel very safe driving it. My kids love the DVD and XM radio. Gas mileage blows. I think GM needs to be honest in that department. I've had this car for a month now and I can't seem to break 16 mpg no matter what I do. Good thing the car is WONDERFUL in many other aspects...I can overlook the mpg, I guess.

Great Car!
By DOzmore on 01/06/10 08:19 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Traverse. The 7 seats are so versatile and I use them all. The leather interior is easy to clean and keep clean. I really love to drive it, very comfortable - especially on road trips. There's so much room in the back! I really love this car.

Tire Chains Not Allowed
By BRYCE W KOPPER on 12/21/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love our 2009 Traverse but if you don't live in the mountains where chains are sometimes required you don't realize the problem you will encounter. Tire chains will not work on the Traverse which could pose quite a problem if you want to go skiing and you're not allowed to go up the mountain because the stupid vehicle was built so you can't use chains. What does GM expect? To be pulled up the mountain by a team of donkeys? I'm sorely disappointed with this flaw.

Broke down with less than 4K miles!
By recker on 12/16/09 18:42 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You would think that after making a 30K purchase, it would be reliable. GM dropped the ball. After owning for 4-5 months and less than 4000 miles our traverse has an "intermittent electrical issue", and will not start. The service department had to call GM's engineer dept to find out how to fix the issue. The fact that the service dept had to call GM on how to fix the problem is a scary thought. Never again!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*