Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Problems
By chase

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at all crossovers before buying the vehicle and decided we liked it best. Then the problems came. We have had it in the shop 4 times now. First one of the rear seatbelt latches was broke. Then on a trip to the beach the driver lumbar went out with it inflated all the way. That was comfortable! A couple of months later check engine light came on took it to the shop and after everyone in the world looked at it they determined the timing chains had been stretched. Don't really know if thats possible. Currently its in the shop for the engine skipping while driving of coarse it never does it when they drive it. Wish I could trade it. Who knows what will be next.

I like the drive and ride and room if I didn't have the problems

Put a Honda or Toyota symbol on the front. Thought I would give Chevy a chance but don't know if they'll get another one.

Same Old GM- Junk
By Dave

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle and all I can say is I am officially done with American cars, especially GM. This vehicle has been a problem since the day we bought it. The salesman demoed the fold down seat and it split. They tried to restitch it rather than replace it because GM would not replace it. Window motor problems, trans problems, electrical problems and all we get is grief from the crappy service department and GM. We bought the stain protection for the interior and we are now arguing because they have tried to get two stains out that wont come out but nobody (GM or the chemical supplier) wants to eat the price off all new seat covers. Never again, stay away from GM

The day I trade it in

Too many to list

Does Not Disappoint!
By ilovemytruck

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my SUV "used" in June 2010. It only had 9k miles at the time. I've had to bring the truck in twice to have the chrome stripping on driver & passenger sides replaced due to peeling. Other than that, the vehicle drives perfect! Nothing wrong mechanically and the interior/exterior of the vehicle is absolutely wonderful. I can fit 7 people comfortably, including my parents (who are in their 70's) plus, trunk space is still sufficient. It's like a mini- van without the "mini-van" cliche. For those worried about the gas mileage, it's a gas guzzler. But, what else would you expect? It's an oversize SUV ; -)

Everything from nav to the dvd & bose system. Don't forget the leather ;-)

The *screen* used for the sunroof. I live in the south and it can get terrible hot!

It's good but not great.
By john

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle because I previously had a suburban that averaged 14 mpg. The Awd version which I have is supposed to average 23 mpg. Most of the time I am in the 17,18,19. It is a far cry from the 23 they advertise. I believe the vehicle lacks power and the v 6 in this vehicle needs an upgrade. Last the engine light kept coming on and now the dealer has told me that the vehicle with 32,000 miles on it needs a new belt( timing I believe). He said its a common problem in the Traverse. Besides that I think its a decent vehicle for your money. Gm has come a long way but they need too realize that they are not there yet. Its a good vehicle but not great.

The styling of the vehicle is very nice. The front grill adds a distinct look for the vehicle. Rear sunroof was a very nice feature. Driving and handling are actually pretty good. Rear bucket seats are nice but don't move back far enough. DVD and Navigation are enjoyable also.

More power in the acceleration of the vehicle. Better gas mileage or at least something close to what was promised. Better Navigation system as far a being more user friendly. Rear bucket seats that can actually recline more would definitely be an easy fix I would think.

Not Disappointed
By ilovemytruck

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I looked and test drove all types of cars, trucks and suvs before finally purchasing the 2009 Traverse LTZ. Yes, I bought it used (9k miles at the time of purchase). The vehicle drives like champ and I've had no problems mechanically. I've had to bring it into the dealership to replace to chrome trim on both drive/passenger sides because it was peeling off, but all is fixed. The cargo room for back seat passengers is enough that even my parents were comfortable (and they're 70). In regards to gas mileage, IT'S AN SUV a big one at that, so it's to be expected that it isn't going to get great gas mileage. I don't speed, maybe 73 in a 70 zone, and average 22 mpg.

onstar, xm radio, navigation, seats 7, dual sunroof and leather... (the leather keeps tight).

Not a big fan of the **screen** for the sunroof. i live in the south and it gets too hot.