Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Eats coil packs like a fatty eats donuts
By Allan Elder

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this car initially; the best interior layout in its class bar none. Captain's chairs in the back, leather, DVD with Bose 5.1 surround. After 9000 miles we took it back to the dealer for a hesitation issue; they investigated and found nothing up. The Hesitation issue became worse and worse; on the third visit @ 18K miles they replaced the coil pack on cylinder #1. At 32K miles, they just replaced it again for the same issue.

Interior layout gives functional amounts of space when the back seat is up; cavernous when it is down.

An engine that doesn't eat coil packs would be too much to ask, I guess.

Love/Hate relationship
By mdr

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love my Traverse! Except the fact that it has been in the shop over 4 weeks this year. Timing chains(stretched) replaced twice, timing chain tensioners (weak) replaced, emission problem fixed, fuel injector fixed, shrill high pitched noise when radio/cd/dvd is on that tech can't seem to duplicate. Feel I have a lemon but really love my Traverse when it is running decently! Just do not feel I can rely on it. :~(

sporty, not your mother's mini-van

center console takes us too much space, could have much more storage instead. Needs to be more reliable!

Traverse is junk !
By Chris Robinson

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For the past 6 mos, have had nothing but trouble. First the dealer said nothing was wrong. When check engine light came on, they had my car for 3 weeks straight. Then timing chain problem turned into transmission problems. Now, you cant accelerate quickly because the tires spin. So much for traction control. the dealer has replaced the software in my transmission 3-4 times now. i would NOT recommend this garbage of a vehicle to anyone. It's no wonder GM went bankrupt, because their customer service really blows. I have spoken to GM numerous times about these issues, but they don't seem to care. Looks like my GM buying days are over.

Nothing. Entire vehicle is junk.

Everything

Problems
By chase

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at all crossovers before buying the vehicle and decided we liked it best. Then the problems came. We have had it in the shop 4 times now. First one of the rear seatbelt latches was broke. Then on a trip to the beach the driver lumbar went out with it inflated all the way. That was comfortable! A couple of months later check engine light came on took it to the shop and after everyone in the world looked at it they determined the timing chains had been stretched. Don't really know if thats possible. Currently its in the shop for the engine skipping while driving of coarse it never does it when they drive it. Wish I could trade it. Who knows what will be next.

I like the drive and ride and room if I didn't have the problems

Put a Honda or Toyota symbol on the front. Thought I would give Chevy a chance but don't know if they'll get another one.

Same Old GM- Junk
By Dave

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle and all I can say is I am officially done with American cars, especially GM. This vehicle has been a problem since the day we bought it. The salesman demoed the fold down seat and it split. They tried to restitch it rather than replace it because GM would not replace it. Window motor problems, trans problems, electrical problems and all we get is grief from the crappy service department and GM. We bought the stain protection for the interior and we are now arguing because they have tried to get two stains out that wont come out but nobody (GM or the chemical supplier) wants to eat the price off all new seat covers. Never again, stay away from GM

The day I trade it in