2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Back pain from seats
By Frank on 06/05/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drove this traverse for the first time from NY. To Florida taking the family to Disney and was very uncomfortable because the head rest is bent forward and the only way to get the head rest to align at proper angle is by reclining the back of the seat to an over relaxed recline. Anyway the day after arriving my back went out and I couldn't even stand up. Vac ruined. Just drove the car yesterday for 20 minutes and my back hurts today as I write. Also dealer sticker says 17 -24 mpg we avg 12.5 mpg city- on Disney trip 2400 miles round trip we avg 16.7 all highway. GM is deceitful, buy Ford.

I hate my Traverse, never buy gm again
By I HATE MY TRAVERSE!! on 05/09/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very disgraceful gm, Chevrolet and dealership customer service, servicing, corporate office, deceptive dealer, 4019 miles dead no start, very poor 12.5 mpg, transmission issues, engine noises whistle knocking, brake squeals, poor visibility front bumper and backing, interior light stayed on 2 hours battery save feature malfunctioned, XM annoying calls, gm owner for 25 yrs and I'm done, will never buy gm again. Should of bought Honda/Hyundai. Stay away. Driver side under doors a small bar to protect plastic gas tanks on impact, hope it works? Driver window shimmy off track, dealer did not do detailing ripped me off $398. Gm/Chevy customer service no support claim dealers independently owned and can't help me.

Unreliable
By rod howard on 05/04/10 23:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ran great for 1500 miles and then the check engine light came on, 2 days in the shop for repairs. A month later the Traverse starts to jerk when accelerating causing transmission to fail, 4 days in the shop. Got it back and it ran great for 6 month it starts again. Trade for Lexus RX450h

Yes GM can build a great vehicle
By Rob on 04/21/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car has plenty of interior room, looks great, excellent quality. Drives tight, stops quickly. I would recommend this to anyone wanting seating for 5 plus and wanting a good driving, cool looking and great on gas mileage this is the car for you.

Passenger side Power window
By Wykke on 03/05/10 17:35 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing my 2009 traverse, I noticed the passenger side Power window going up slower than the other windows, also making a groaning sound as if it might not make it all the way closed. I took it to dealer and they said it was the power regulator and that they would order one. When it came in, I had the regulator rplaced. This did not help the problem. I went back and this time they said that the window was out of alignment and they aligned and lubed it. This still did not help they problem so I took it back again. this time, they said that it was normal for the window to operate slower and make a moaning noise. I still have the problem and will let my lawyer solve the problem.

Whinning noise
By mmrando8 on 02/25/10 13:15 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd trip back to dealer for whining noise under the hood. Purged the power steering lines the first time; didn't work. Took it back today and they have now replaced the steering rack. Seems there are some problems. Also had whining noise coming from steering column but after reading another blog, I'm guessing that noise will be gone as well. Going to get it now. Will let you know more tomorrow. Absolutely love this car though. Super fun to drive, roomy on the inside.

I Love My Car
By Farm Girl on 02/16/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2LT Traverse for over a year now and am still LOVING it!! It's way fun to drive and plenty roomy inside. No complaints about quality or reliability at all. My mpg is averaging 18-19 even though I drive like a hellion on twisty-turny country roads. If my hubby drives on longer trips, he'll get 22-23 mpg. I had a Ford Edge before this and its EPA estimates were the same, but it got better mileage in real life. I had the jerky tranny problem too for a long time, but at 20,000 miles it seems to have smoothed out nicely. I had trouble with the headrests also, but fixed it by raising them as high as they'll go. Oh, and the storage on the dash is perfect for sunglasses!

Best suv weve ever had
By pands from mo. on 02/11/10 15:16 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love the interior, everything is Handy. The awd has gotten us through several bad snow storms. The leather heated seats are very comfortable and plenty of room for trips. Couldn't be ant happier.

Chevy Traverse
By 2009 Chevy Traverse on 02/01/10 07:44 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 traverse is a year old and I'm not impressed with the gas mileage. About 16 mpg is the best that I have got. Also, I have tan leather seats and the drivers and passengers seat have black on them, they have been replaced once and now they are doing it again. It's like the leather is not real leather. Even the dealership could not get the black off the leather. Very disappointing.

A great comeback.....
By Chevy Lover on 01/30/10 08:04 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well I was raised on Chevy's and for many reasons, fell away from them in the late Seventies. GM finally saw the light and has produced some fine vehicles that compare and surpass in ways the Japanese vehicles. The Traverse is one such vehicle. The smooth quiet ride, the agile handling, the options to please. It may not have an over 30 mpg, but it's a welcome gift for large guys like Myself. It surpasses the Honda Pilot and anyone looking for a roomy SUV/CUV should definitely test drive this vehicle! It also heralds some great safety ratings as well...and the AWD is great in winter conditions. Try it you'll love it!