Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Driving Machine.
By Susan Grace Rice.

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

its a great vehicle, runs very good, rides smooth, and an all around great vehicle to have. with dogs, kids and just all around family its a great car to travel and go places and it holds a good amount of people, if i had to get a new one i would get another traverse,lt1. with leather this time for inside seats, and heated ones, would like to have a navigation in it, and side view mirrors with navigation on the mirrors for helping you stay in the lanes,[non-permissible content removed] .

Transmission Failed!
By Amin Khan

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Be aware and stay away. A quick internet search will tell the whole story. My transmission is shot, broken,kaput!
Constant water leaks,
Squeky steering
Dead battery, no explanation
passenger seat belt light comes on without warning
Drinks gas

SO DISAPPOINTED
By Denean

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Got my 2009 Chevy Traverse from Rick Hendricks in January 2015 Transmission wasn't working properly so I went to Rick Hendricks mechanic shop in Feb. They said there was nothing wrong with the transmission. Months later in May they had to fix it because the transmission went out. Now a month later the transmission is slipping again. I have powertrain warranty that will cost me $150 but I shouldn't have to pay anything.

Serves our purpose well, but... transmission repair at 117k miles... really?
By asianteacher

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am displeased. Our Traverse has been a vehicle that we brought to the dealership most because of recalls, back jobs, and now a shot transmission at just 117k (min $1,500, max 3k+ repair cost)? Our other cars certainly did better! I usually don't complain but we are not happy. I found out that this transmission problem is a common issue, I don't understand why it isn't a recall!

We bought this because Americans help Americans especially in GM's dark times. But now we realized, who's going to help us now? We don't have the budget for this now, so our Traverse is sitting in the garage.

If you insist in getting this, get an extended warranty.

It is huge. Fits everything that a family of four + some more needs on outings and lots more for shopping. Fuel economy.

Since middle seating spaces in 2nd row is narrow, the middle buckle is in the way of your bottom when you sit. It will definitely hurt your bottom. Needs improvement on reliability. I brought this car to the dealership for different reasons such as interiors (carpet clips always breaking off), interior controls (drivers side window control stopped working but fixed and now the passenger side stopped working). The steering squeaks, Chevy dealership never found the problem and now I am out of warranty, I am sure they wouldn't care. Now, my transmission broke down at only 117k and we do not have the money for the repairs.

Ridiculous piece of trash
By sherrypisces

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Traverse used last year and it was exactly what I wanted and needed for my family. Well, from the beginning I had problems with the car. I was experiencing a stalling type of drive. I would be driving along and all of a sudden the car would jerk and go extremely slow almost killing myself and my family. At times the vehicle would jerk and lose all power and shut off in the middle of the highway, street, anywhere! I have put so much money into this vehicle that I am embarrassed to say. I don't know what to do or who to contact because this is not a safe vehicle. Do Not, I repeat, Do Not purchase the 2009 Chevy Traverse EVER!

The inside of the vehicle is all that and more! I love the leather seats and the radio and the space is ridiculously perfect!

I suggest Chevy buy back each and every 2009 Chevy Traverse because there is something wrong with this particular vehicle.