2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews 14

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Our Traverse
By Frank Z on 01/17/09 12:08 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased this about two weeks ago, but it has already met all our expectations and exceeded some. Cannot say much about MPG, because we only have 475 miles on the vehicle. Only two areas needed repair/adjustment. Left side doors off a little in alignment, and seal for driver's window crimped. Doors have been aligned and window seal is on order. It is very roomy, rides very well and the Nav system is greatly improved over our 2007 GM vehicle, although screen size is a little smaller. Very stable on rural roads and interstates. Turns very well at local speeds and turning radius is excellent.

Great buy
By jerryg on 01/15/09 16:45 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Quiet and handles wonderfully. AWD performs great in deep snow and snow packed surfaces.Would not own a vehicle without AWD in the Chicago area. Engine powerful, but quiet. Yes, American car makers can make a geat car.

Best family car ever
By Michael on 12/30/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought this SUV, upsizing as our 3 young kids get older and want to bring friends along. We live in a very snowy area and need AWD and were not thrilled with the idea of the Toyota Sienna. We looked at the Pilot, MDX, Highlander, etc. and were wholly unimpressed. Drove and bought this SUV the same afternoon. Great design and ridiculous pricing. GM is on the way back (probably bankrupt, but will re-emerge better than ever). Don't bother with the GM standard DVD, get an aftermarket for a fraction of the cost.

From MB back to GM
By Messina Mommy on 12/29/08 12:54 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I finally splurged and got the black on black Mercedes I had always wanted. As a single mom of 3 boys, I was ready to get into something sporty. After 7 months of driving a little tiny sedan (C300), I realized that it just wasnt practical. Having 3 boys (ages 17, 7, & 6), I need something that's tough, practical and can withstand how hard we are on our car. I went to a dealership with all intensive purposes of purchasing a Tahoe. I had 3 in the past and new I loved them. The dealer had the Traverse LTZ on the show room floor. I test drove it & was so relieved to have that Solid, Chevy SUV feeling back. Test drove the Tahoe & decided I loved the Traverse LT2 in silver! Love it! Get one!

Great family car
By mjm on 12/17/08 19:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

4th in a long line of SUVs (Ford, Honda, BMW, Chevy). This SUV looks the best and has the strength the others do not (towing). Very comfortable driving position, plenty of room for a family of 6 and everything needed for long vacations. AWD has performed as expected in inclement weather (ice, snow). The qualtiy of this vehicle seems to be better than the previous Chevy I have owned.

Is this really a Chevy?
By chevy guy on 12/15/08 00:35 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you took the bowties off this SUV you would not believe it is a Chevy. My wife and I are very impressed. It was a leap of faith to order one without actually seeing one like it and driving it. We are not disappointed. Maybe I am too much of a Chevy man with some bias, but this is one great vehicle to drive and ride in with excellent build quality. We got the LTZ in Black Raven (I think that is what it's called) and it has some metallic it in. Beautiful especially in the sun.

Great Vehicle
By ChevyTrav on 12/11/08 18:21 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Can't find too much to complain about yet with this car. It's roomy and rides well. A lot of nice features come with it standard (i.e. XM radio, OnStar, built in phone). Gas mileage has been as advertised so far. I guess there are two things that are slightly bothersome about it and both have already been mentioned by the editors. It tends to be a bit slow to downshift and there is a fair amount of plastic in the car. However, these two minor imperfections really haven't bothered me that much. Overall, I feel that this is a quality car that Chevrolet has put out. I would recommend this car to the person who needs space, towing capacity, and decent gas mileage to go along with it.

Great SUV
By Ken Miller on 12/11/08 07:55 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Traverse handles much better than the other GM "clones" and the new direct injection engine revs so quick and willingly. Mileage is running 19/20 overall except when my son drives it and then it drops 2 mpg. Traded in a 2008 Mazda CX-9 and this is a far better vehicle.

New Owner
By Steve on 12/03/08 11:04 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased our Traverse last month. I drove it over 800 miles during the Thanksgiving weekend. So far, we love it! Smooth, quiet, roomy, and with the leather and LT2 package, luxurious. Kids are comfortable in all seats (16 year old son is almost 6 foot). Ride quality is tight and free of any shakes or rattles. Great time to buy with GM adding bonus money I would definitely recommend one to family or friends.

Great people mover!
By Patrick on 11/29/08 09:17 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a nice all around crossover. For people that love an SUV it delivers. For people that love a mini van it has the qualities without the looks. The styling of the interior is well put together and I love the easy use push buttons for the climate and audio controls. The best part is the way it drives! Fun, fun, and more fun. GM seems to have put a lot of thought and quality into this vehicle and I just hope that it performs like this for many years to come.