Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Exceptional Vehicle
By Paul

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very impressed with this vehicle. Still own a 1998 Malibu and traded in our 2002 Venture. If I could only own 1 vehicle, this would be it. It does it all - it really shines on the highway. Good riding height and has a substantial presence on the road which helps with the big truck traffic. Around town is is very nimble and my average fuel economy is 20.1 at the moment which I think is pretty good for a 4700 pound 281 HP vehicle. The exterior styling is really one of the coolest crossovers made. I get a lot of comments about it and it makes most other vehicles look like antiques. Overall, very pleased with this purchase and hope to keep it for a long long time.

The ride, power, and safety features. Superb Bose sound system. 18" wheels with 6 lugs. Premium cloth seats is more comfortable than leather for me.

Offer a smaller sun roof for the front portion only.

My first american car - reminded why
By Carlos

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After owning only Honda/Toyota/Nissan in the past, I finally bought it because the 3rd row has easiest access of all SUV's with 3rd row we saw. It just seems American cars don't put the effort into designing things like foreign. Ran out of space for dislikes below: - Hood release lines up vertically with parking break (I've unlatched it couple times) -suv sways (hard to describe) on roads that are banked -2nd row seating tracks are exposed, food, debris can fall in the track -clothe hangers line up with back of 2nd row, clothe can't hang right -suv refuses to downshift. you have to give it a lot of gas before it gets it. -only 1 lever for wipers/turn/beams/etc (continued below)

-i do hand it to American cars, they look nicer than ever, yet still unoriginal -I like the external design -drives like a car (wife loves it), doesn't feel as big as it really is -access to 3rd row - the best! -auto dim rear view + rear camera -strong AC (we live in FL)

-button for compartment on top of dash is chrome, reflects sun into eyes -there's no OFF to headlamps (auto or on, but no off) -AC always defaults to FRESH instead of remembering last setting -no hooks in front to pull out of sand : ( -psngr front seat recline lever too small & hard to find.

LOve the vehicle
By Joe

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I currently have 10,500 miles on my Traverse and I'm pretty happy with the comfort, performance and gas mileage the car has been getting. I drove a Tahoe before this and it's just as roomy and it gets better mileage. It's my first AWD car and I notice slipping when turning corners and rollback on inclines. Wondering if this is normal?

I love the back-up camera.

How about bluetooth for all models? Location of the oil filter is horrible. Could use a power connection in the dash compartment for GPS systems so there is no need to have wires all over the place. Would be nice if rear seatbelt latches were set deeper into the seats

Traverse, sorry we bought it
By Linda Silvey

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our traverse in June2009. The headrests are very uncomfortable and force a short person to keep their head bowed if they don't put a pillow behind their back. My husband has nearly wrecked it three times when trying to make a left hand turn due to the poor visibility when looking to the right to see if another vehicle is coming. It is hard to park because you cannot see the front end and it's very hard to back up due to the small window and the many blind spots along the sides (we have the economy model). The gas mileage is awful. We took a long trip and the highway mpg never got above 18 mpg. My biggest concern is safety. It is an accident waiting to happen.

The color

Headrests need to be able to be removed or turned backwards. Backup camera needs to standard on all models. Something needs to be changed to improve the gas mileage. My old beat up van gets 22 in town. The frame support between the windshield and the front doors causes lg dangerous blind spot.

Very Happy With Our Purchase
By stephen zeinner

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since I have purchased foreign made cars over the past few years I was hesitant of getting back into the market for a domestic made automobile. We have been very happy with this vehicle. Gas mileage was a little disappointing at first but with mileage on car the mpg has improved to at least what the advertisement claims and at times a little better. I will gladly take a bit of inconvenience with the transmission shifting or not shifting especially for the mpg's.

Back up senors and back up mirror. Outside mirrors with anti-blind spots. Ride is great and room for all of the grandkids. Love the design. Great for hauling things with the seats folded down.

Third seat sits very low, no problem for me since I am the driver.