2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
So far so good!
By Johnny Thunders on 02/16/09 05:11 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm very tall (nearing 7') so it's hard to find a vehicle that just plain fits; other bells and whistles are a secondary concern. The Traverse is not only comfortable for me but offers incredible passenger room and storage capacity. Lots of great/thoughtful design choices in the cabin. Front seats are the most comfortable in the crossover class by a mile. I've been impressed by how well the A/C system heats/cools the large space, as well as how good the Bose speakers sound. The drive is superb: quiet, powerful, smooth. This should be high on the list for anyone in the SUV/crossover/minivan market. It's been years since I've had a GM, but the Traverse might well have brought me back for good.

It's not an EXT TrailBlazer
By mark on 02/14/09 13:29 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had 3 seated TrailBlazers, and loved them. Traverse was the next choice. As far as just driving it for my wife and I, we love it. However if you have kids and use the seating, not so much. The way the seats fold to get to the third row is not a smooth procedure. The seats ride on tracks that you have to kneel on to lift your child into the back seat. Very uncomfortable on your knees. Also toys, and small things get dropped into the tracks, effecting the operation of the seats. When you try to dig them out, you get grease on your fingers. If the rear window opened up (like the TrailBlazer does) loading would be easier. when you open the hatch, everything falls out.

Satisfied Customer
By Lovin Our Traverse on 02/13/09 13:16 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I are so happy with our brand new 09 Traverse. It took us 3 weeks to negotiate the deal we got, but it was worth the (minor) hassle! We absolutely love the look of the vehicle. Even our 22 month old son must have a good feeling about the Traverse because he gets ridiculously happy when we put him in it. It feels like you're driving a car but it comes with the security of feeling like you're in a big truck. There are so many little details that make transportation so much nicer-like the rubber grips in the cup holders to keep beverages from going anywhere! Well done, GM.

Great Cross-over
By Orland Joe on 02/09/09 14:35 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Was looking at the Equinox, but sure glad I waited for the Traverse to come out. What a great SUV to drive. Very quick and a good, smooth ride. Loads of features in the 2LT, like power lift gate, remote start, rear camera in mirror, reverse sensing alarm. The 5 year power train warranty also helped me with my decision to buy.

Wow Toyota & Honda Just Got Beat
By Karl on 02/02/09 15:21 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Chevy Traverse just beat Toyota and Honda. The Pilot and Sequoia are cars I test drove and hated. My friend talked me into test driving and I fell in love. The Traverse has a gorgeous interior. The design and suspension are elegant. The transmission is a bit hesitant on the downshift but other than that it's sexy. This car has beautiful function all throughout it. The cargo is nice. If you get the chance by American it's the way to go.

Somewhat Disappointed
By KennyGolub on 01/27/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful ride! Very comfortable and great looks. Downside: I can't trust it to start every time. After first night at home, the battery died. They replaced the battery and three days later, battery was dead again. They still can't find the problem, now I have to wonder if it will start whenever I take it out.

Wow
By logandiagnostic on 01/25/09 09:29 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With the current auto market conditions, we were able to buy a LT2 FWD for $8k under sticker. We got heated leather, split rear seats, XM, rear camera, power liftgate, remote start, etc. Cyber Gray. $37k crossover for $29k!

Better than Highlander or Pilot
By car01 on 01/23/09 20:45 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at Highlander and Pilot and the Traverse beats both hands down. Has a very quiet and smooth ride. Exterior styling is superb. Overall build quality is very impressive. Don't assume Japanese competitors in the large midsize SUV segment are better, there not. The vehicle shows that GM can produce a world class vehicle for a reasonable cost.

Our Traverse
By Frank Z on 01/17/09 12:08 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased this about two weeks ago, but it has already met all our expectations and exceeded some. Cannot say much about MPG, because we only have 475 miles on the vehicle. Only two areas needed repair/adjustment. Left side doors off a little in alignment, and seal for driver's window crimped. Doors have been aligned and window seal is on order. It is very roomy, rides very well and the Nav system is greatly improved over our 2007 GM vehicle, although screen size is a little smaller. Very stable on rural roads and interstates. Turns very well at local speeds and turning radius is excellent.

Great buy
By jerryg on 01/15/09 16:45 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Quiet and handles wonderfully. AWD performs great in deep snow and snow packed surfaces.Would not own a vehicle without AWD in the Chicago area. Engine powerful, but quiet. Yes, American car makers can make a geat car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*