Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Great Crossover value
By car lower

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 09 Traverse LTZ after comparing GMC, Buick to other brands. Traverse seems to be the best value of the group. I can't wait to drive it on longer trips to experience all the features it has to offer. Comfort is much like sitting in a minivan so that you are not tired when you finish a trip.

Favorite Features

Van like seating position. XM Satellite Radio. GReat value for what you get in the Chevrolet versus competition

Suggested Improvements

Better navigation disk when it gets lost and can't readily get back on track. More trim distinction between Chevrolet models.

Unreliable
By rod howard

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ran great for 1500 miles and then the check engine light came on, 2 days in the shop for repairs. A month later the Traverse starts to jerk when accelerating causing transmission to fail, 4 days in the shop. Got it back and it ran great for 6 month it starts again. Trade for Lexus RX450h

Favorite Features

Warranty it paid for all repairs and I got the Aveo to drive at no cost.

Suggested Improvements

Engine and transmission lack Quality

Same Old GM- Junk
By Dave

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle and all I can say is I am officially done with American cars, especially GM. This vehicle has been a problem since the day we bought it. The salesman demoed the fold down seat and it split. They tried to restitch it rather than replace it because GM would not replace it. Window motor problems, trans problems, electrical problems and all we get is grief from the crappy service department and GM. We bought the stain protection for the interior and we are now arguing because they have tried to get two stains out that wont come out but nobody (GM or the chemical supplier) wants to eat the price off all new seat covers. Never again, stay away from GM

Favorite Features

The day I trade it in

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list

2009 Traverse
By tigger68

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our traverse in June 2009 and I had one problem with a computer about a year ago. Then October 2011 came around and our check engine light came on. It was something I don't remember. We took it to the dealer and it was the timing chain and it had been recalled. They had the car for 10 days. Then we had the car back one day and I was driving home from work and it started smoking. We attempted to drive to dealer and did not make it. A transmission clamp broke. they fixed it and then we got it back. We had it back in 4 days. The fixed and have had some hesitation and now transmission module is out? Now back we go again! Dealer has been working with us at least!

Favorite Features

Radio--- seating---- lift gate

Suggested Improvements

WARRANTY---- make it 100,000 bumber to bumper because I am out of warranty and am not happy with the fact that I will be making serious repairs when the powertrain is out. I have 47,000 miles on it now and am waiting for them to say it is not covered! I will fight tooth and nail since they had to pull my engine for a timing belt!

many many issues
By nomoregm4me3

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

we have own the traverse since its release. we have had timing chain issues, transmission issues, A/C issues, and power steering issues. keep an extended warranty or get ready to fork over some cash for poor design, and poor workmanship.

Favorite Features

size/seating capability. but now that the AC doesnt work, taking the family anywhere is mute.

Suggested Improvements

keep the body style, scrap everything else