2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews 13

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Traverse Rules!
By BSTinman on 03/04/09 17:30 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife loves driving our two kids around in this family SUV and I'm not embarrassed to get behind the wheel myself. We've been very happy so far with this car. My 4 year old son throws a fit if we have to take our other car (a Pontiac Torrent) somewhere. I love the bluetooth phone technology and the AWD handles great in the snow. I highly recommend this vehicle for anybody who drives a lot with a car load of people.

exceeded expectations
By Abe Hachmann on 03/04/09 09:14 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle as our primary family hauler. We really need the AWD and third row hauling capacity. The car drives and handles much better than the escape it replaced. The gas mileage is acceptable for a vehicle of this size although not much better than a Tahoe. Power is adequate even in mountain driving. The transmission is very smooth shifting. I find that is isn't slow to down shift at all but very quick to up shift.I assume that is to improve the mileage. So far we are averaging 19mpg in combined driving. I expect it to improve as it gets broken in. Cargo room is adequate for weekend trips without folding the seats down.

Time To Buy
By Doug on 02/27/09 05:40 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just purchase this vehicle. I need to tell you that this is one of the best models that Chevy has come up with in a long time. We were looking at the Tahoe and found that it didn't fit the needs of a family. I highly recommend that if you are looking for a mini-van and a SUV buy this vehicle. It is very powerful and loaded with extras. Opt for the leather and DVD.

A Real Test Drive.....
By lk on 02/26/09 09:04 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lets talk Turkey. I love this car. I had researched it and looked at it and when my 1998 145,000ml Chevy Blazer finally gave out this was the car I headed to. 2 days ago I was driving the middle lane when a car pulled out from my right to cross over 3 lanes in front of me. I laid on my horn and steered left as the car that pulled out still was crossing left with no signal. I slammed on my breaks thinking that I should have gotten gap protection when the entire car locked up and stopped me from smashing into this guys rear end. I have never been that close to an accident and that second I thanked god I was in this car. I know that sounds dramatic, but what if my kids were with me? good car.

So far so good!
By Johnny Thunders on 02/16/09 05:11 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm very tall (nearing 7') so it's hard to find a vehicle that just plain fits; other bells and whistles are a secondary concern. The Traverse is not only comfortable for me but offers incredible passenger room and storage capacity. Lots of great/thoughtful design choices in the cabin. Front seats are the most comfortable in the crossover class by a mile. I've been impressed by how well the A/C system heats/cools the large space, as well as how good the Bose speakers sound. The drive is superb: quiet, powerful, smooth. This should be high on the list for anyone in the SUV/crossover/minivan market. It's been years since I've had a GM, but the Traverse might well have brought me back for good.

It's not an EXT TrailBlazer
By mark on 02/14/09 13:29 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had 3 seated TrailBlazers, and loved them. Traverse was the next choice. As far as just driving it for my wife and I, we love it. However if you have kids and use the seating, not so much. The way the seats fold to get to the third row is not a smooth procedure. The seats ride on tracks that you have to kneel on to lift your child into the back seat. Very uncomfortable on your knees. Also toys, and small things get dropped into the tracks, effecting the operation of the seats. When you try to dig them out, you get grease on your fingers. If the rear window opened up (like the TrailBlazer does) loading would be easier. when you open the hatch, everything falls out.

Satisfied Customer
By Lovin Our Traverse on 02/13/09 13:16 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I are so happy with our brand new 09 Traverse. It took us 3 weeks to negotiate the deal we got, but it was worth the (minor) hassle! We absolutely love the look of the vehicle. Even our 22 month old son must have a good feeling about the Traverse because he gets ridiculously happy when we put him in it. It feels like you're driving a car but it comes with the security of feeling like you're in a big truck. There are so many little details that make transportation so much nicer-like the rubber grips in the cup holders to keep beverages from going anywhere! Well done, GM.

Great Cross-over
By Orland Joe on 02/09/09 14:35 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Was looking at the Equinox, but sure glad I waited for the Traverse to come out. What a great SUV to drive. Very quick and a good, smooth ride. Loads of features in the 2LT, like power lift gate, remote start, rear camera in mirror, reverse sensing alarm. The 5 year power train warranty also helped me with my decision to buy.

Wow Toyota & Honda Just Got Beat
By Karl on 02/02/09 15:21 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Chevy Traverse just beat Toyota and Honda. The Pilot and Sequoia are cars I test drove and hated. My friend talked me into test driving and I fell in love. The Traverse has a gorgeous interior. The design and suspension are elegant. The transmission is a bit hesitant on the downshift but other than that it's sexy. This car has beautiful function all throughout it. The cargo is nice. If you get the chance by American it's the way to go.

Somewhat Disappointed
By KennyGolub on 01/27/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful ride! Very comfortable and great looks. Downside: I can't trust it to start every time. After first night at home, the battery died. They replaced the battery and three days later, battery was dead again. They still can't find the problem, now I have to wonder if it will start whenever I take it out.