2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Lovinitsofar
By P&A on 04/08/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Two months old so can't speak for reliability. Love everything so far for our first chevy. Very roomy, feels expensive compared to old Jeep Cherokee we replaced. Good pick up speed, fairly quiet, very smooth, handles well. First tank of gas 16 mpg city with a few quick accelerations. We tested, Hyundai Veracruz, Kia Sorento and Borrego, and GMC Acadia. Chose Traverse over Acadia due to looks, price, and Edmunds reviews. Daughter loves hooking up PS2 and playing video games w/ rear DVD. We love the headphones she uses so we can play our satellite radio while she plays games or watches movies. I'm 5'7" 215lbs and fit comfortably in 3rd row. I will review again in about 6 months.

Consider me a fan!
By Jason on 04/08/09 07:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my Traverse for a few weeks, and have put 700 miles on it. So far, it's been everything that I've expected, and I expected great things. There is plenty of room for my family of four (2 yr old and 7 mo old). Sliding the 2nd row seats back as far as they go gives a ton of room to get the kids in and out of their car seats. The cargo room behind the 3rd row fits our ginormous double stroller with no issues. I get 22-24 MPG on the hwy and 19 overall. Not bad, but I feel it could be better. The roof rack cross rails whistle terribly above 50MPH (I've removed them since). The 3rd row would be a tight fit for 3 average size adults, little head and hip room (I'm 5'9" 189lbs).

Bad Tires
By Concern driver on 04/05/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased a Traverse. We are extremely happy with the vehicle, but last night while driving in the interstate one of the tires split in half while going 70 miles per hour. We are extremely concern with the quality of the factory tires in this vehicle.The tire was melting as I was exchanging it. To replace a tire is one of the most challenging task you will perform. The tools included are not the best for the job. Our main concern is the safety of our family and we are not sure with the tires on the vehicle. It remind us of 8 years ago when Firestone had to replace a lot of tires because of safety reasons, just after few lives were lost. Chevy, please look into this matter.

Love My Traverse
By L.A on 04/04/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this car! The ride is quiet and smooth , it has plenty of space, cargo and storage areas. The gas is not 33 mpg but it is decent for a vehicle in its class. I feel safe in this vehicle with all of the safety options installed. I love the exterior. The traverse has a classy yet sassy look. I have 2nd row captains chairs which w/o the console makes the interior look even bigger. I am very pleased with this vehicle.

Very Nice!!
By Lance on 04/01/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had a Dodge Minivan and wanted something different. We looked at Dodge Journey, Jeep Commander, and the new Minivans and decided that the Traverse felt the best to drive and was the sharpest looking.

great vehicle to purchase for family
By army wife on 03/31/09 16:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We are a family that does a lot of traveling due to being military and far from home. We looked at many vehicles and this was a great selection for safety and gas mileage. The vehicle is really comfortable and my children love the space and comfort while traveling. We were reluctant to get a minivan so this seemed to be the perfect fit because it looked sleek yet had many nice "minivan" qualities. We seriously considered the Acadia but this was a better price point and very similar to the Acadia. Overall I think it is a great choice for families who are resistant to getting a minivan but still want the safety and decent gas mileage!

Love it
By Dee on 03/24/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a perfect family vehicle. Our new Chevy traverse is awesome. It was love at first sight. The smooth drive, the panoramic view, the cargo space & safety features were definite selling points. We have always purchased GM vehicles, and have always been satisfied with their performance & dependability. We still have our 1999 Suburban & w/200,000 miles,it looks & runs great...we're hoping to say the same thing about our Traverse in 10 years. Looking forward to enjoying family trips with our grandchildren :)

HELP
By DEB T on 03/18/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked this car up yesterday and am not so happy today -- why doesn't steering wheel tilt? is this feature a thing of the past---too bad if it is. Also, I am 5,3" and the head rest makes me lean forward - I had a stiff neck after my ride home -- I cannot sit back because the head rest forces me to lean forward with head down -- can't rest my back/ shoulders on the seat -- is there something wrong with the head rest or me? I want to cry - it was so uncomfortable ---anyone else have this problem?

Best of the Bunch!
By Ralph on 03/15/09 02:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My daughter had asked me to find her a crossover with capt chairs in the middle, leather seats, dual sunroof, DVD player and rear camera. I test drove Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander & Sequoia, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave and Mazda CX-9. This Chevy Traverse won over all these in almost every category. She didn't like the style of Honda and Toyota. The Buick did not have a strong feel to it on the road. The Acadia was her favorite but I kept after her about the fluky transmission leaving her somewhere. The Mazda was my favorite by feel and tranny. We both drove the Traverse and were blown away by it's responsive transmission and great ride. Try one out for yourself and you'll see!

Great SUV
By Javier on 03/14/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the traverse very happy with it.. After looking at Chevy Tahoe then looking at the traverse their was no comparing.. Traverse is very roomy it has a lot more space then the Tahoe especially it the third row... The only negative is probably I thought it was just a little to pricey.