2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Very Nice!!
By Lance on 04/01/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had a Dodge Minivan and wanted something different. We looked at Dodge Journey, Jeep Commander, and the new Minivans and decided that the Traverse felt the best to drive and was the sharpest looking.

great vehicle to purchase for family
By army wife on 03/31/09 16:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We are a family that does a lot of traveling due to being military and far from home. We looked at many vehicles and this was a great selection for safety and gas mileage. The vehicle is really comfortable and my children love the space and comfort while traveling. We were reluctant to get a minivan so this seemed to be the perfect fit because it looked sleek yet had many nice "minivan" qualities. We seriously considered the Acadia but this was a better price point and very similar to the Acadia. Overall I think it is a great choice for families who are resistant to getting a minivan but still want the safety and decent gas mileage!

Love it
By Dee on 03/24/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a perfect family vehicle. Our new Chevy traverse is awesome. It was love at first sight. The smooth drive, the panoramic view, the cargo space & safety features were definite selling points. We have always purchased GM vehicles, and have always been satisfied with their performance & dependability. We still have our 1999 Suburban & w/200,000 miles,it looks & runs great...we're hoping to say the same thing about our Traverse in 10 years. Looking forward to enjoying family trips with our grandchildren :)

HELP
By DEB T on 03/18/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked this car up yesterday and am not so happy today -- why doesn't steering wheel tilt? is this feature a thing of the past---too bad if it is. Also, I am 5,3" and the head rest makes me lean forward - I had a stiff neck after my ride home -- I cannot sit back because the head rest forces me to lean forward with head down -- can't rest my back/ shoulders on the seat -- is there something wrong with the head rest or me? I want to cry - it was so uncomfortable ---anyone else have this problem?

Best of the Bunch!
By Ralph on 03/15/09 02:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My daughter had asked me to find her a crossover with capt chairs in the middle, leather seats, dual sunroof, DVD player and rear camera. I test drove Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander & Sequoia, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave and Mazda CX-9. This Chevy Traverse won over all these in almost every category. She didn't like the style of Honda and Toyota. The Buick did not have a strong feel to it on the road. The Acadia was her favorite but I kept after her about the fluky transmission leaving her somewhere. The Mazda was my favorite by feel and tranny. We both drove the Traverse and were blown away by it's responsive transmission and great ride. Try one out for yourself and you'll see!

Great SUV
By Javier on 03/14/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the traverse very happy with it.. After looking at Chevy Tahoe then looking at the traverse their was no comparing.. Traverse is very roomy it has a lot more space then the Tahoe especially it the third row... The only negative is probably I thought it was just a little to pricey.

Traverse Rules!
By BSTinman on 03/04/09 17:30 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife loves driving our two kids around in this family SUV and I'm not embarrassed to get behind the wheel myself. We've been very happy so far with this car. My 4 year old son throws a fit if we have to take our other car (a Pontiac Torrent) somewhere. I love the bluetooth phone technology and the AWD handles great in the snow. I highly recommend this vehicle for anybody who drives a lot with a car load of people.

exceeded expectations
By Abe Hachmann on 03/04/09 09:14 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle as our primary family hauler. We really need the AWD and third row hauling capacity. The car drives and handles much better than the escape it replaced. The gas mileage is acceptable for a vehicle of this size although not much better than a Tahoe. Power is adequate even in mountain driving. The transmission is very smooth shifting. I find that is isn't slow to down shift at all but very quick to up shift.I assume that is to improve the mileage. So far we are averaging 19mpg in combined driving. I expect it to improve as it gets broken in. Cargo room is adequate for weekend trips without folding the seats down.

Time To Buy
By Doug on 02/27/09 05:40 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just purchase this vehicle. I need to tell you that this is one of the best models that Chevy has come up with in a long time. We were looking at the Tahoe and found that it didn't fit the needs of a family. I highly recommend that if you are looking for a mini-van and a SUV buy this vehicle. It is very powerful and loaded with extras. Opt for the leather and DVD.

A Real Test Drive.....
By lk on 02/26/09 09:04 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lets talk Turkey. I love this car. I had researched it and looked at it and when my 1998 145,000ml Chevy Blazer finally gave out this was the car I headed to. 2 days ago I was driving the middle lane when a car pulled out from my right to cross over 3 lanes in front of me. I laid on my horn and steered left as the car that pulled out still was crossing left with no signal. I slammed on my breaks thinking that I should have gotten gap protection when the entire car locked up and stopped me from smashing into this guys rear end. I have never been that close to an accident and that second I thanked god I was in this car. I know that sounds dramatic, but what if my kids were with me? good car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$123 per month*