2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Great car with a few problems
By Chevyforlife on 05/11/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned car for 3 months, very stylish outside. Have LT1 version, interior seats are very nice though a bit uncomfortable especially for your lower back. No carpet in the back seats, basically a big floor mat latched down. I get 20.2 MPG. My biggest problem with the car is the location of the oil filter. I have changed oil on dozens of vehicles (new and old) but never had to change the filter from the top of the engine. There is not enough room to place a filter wrench on the filter, it took 3 hrs for 3 men to unloose the initial high torqued filter by hand. When the filter was loosened it went all over other components located underneath the filter. Otherwise a great car and roomy.

Chevy Traverse is Dependable 7 Safe
By ChevyLuva on 05/11/09 15:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several new cars, many makes and models and so far the Chevy Traverse is my absolute favorite. It is dependable, safe, modern and roomy. It also looks classy and expensive while still affordable and realistic to own. It perfectly suits the single driver and accommodates the soccer mom transporting kids and groceries! I absolutely adore my vehicle and can't wait to drive it in the snow.

I'm glad its not a mini van
By Pat Flores on 05/11/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful family car for Grandparent, parents, teens & kids. Sporty and classy with dual sunroofs. I can't wait to go camping. Great for shopping, hauls a great deal of stuff. So far, I love it. I do miss my 02 Yukon but I still need to see what this car can do for me.

Very , Very HAPPY!
By BRYAN on 04/22/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had my Traverse for about 5 weeks. Drives great , well responsive good acceleration even loaded. Tows just as good as my Jeep GC. The best thing we like about is the interior. Especially the capt's chairs in the second row. My gas mileage is about 21 mpg avg between hwy/cty. Better then my jeep which is about 18 mpg avg.

Chevy Traverse LS
By eric_okc on 04/15/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a new company vehicle for me and I put on a lot of miles while driving for work. This is a solid built vehicle with a smooth and strong engine. It provides good acceleration from a standstill or passing on a highway. It has a great amount of cargo space and it very easy to fold down the 2nd and 3rd row seats. The interior design is very refined with clean lines and symmetry. The feel and quality of the plastics and leather seem of higher quality than previous Chevys. The Traverse has a commanding presence its height gives you a good view of your surroundings.

Best Chevy in a long, long time....
By waveho on 04/15/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had about a week now, but immediately took on a 7-hour each-way trip over Easter to visit family. Very good driving vehicle. Quality seems very high. Engine is more than adequate, even though we moved from our beloved 02 Suburban. Seats on all three levels are better and roomier than the much bigger 'Burb! Not quite the road presence as the 'Burb, but what else does? Air conditioned seats should be standard on all cars! They are just wonderful. Rear entertainment system w/wireless headphones a total necessity for the two boys in the back. First time for them; they loved them. Navigation hiccuped a few times, and I'm hopeful the dealership will address this. Good traction.

Nice change from a family van
By cpannarbor on 04/15/09 10:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our Mazda MPV for the Traverse. Out kids have adjusted to losing the sliding doors and really like the car. Mommy and Daddy love the car. It has great handling and acceleration. There is plenty of storage and too many great features to list.

Great vehicle, an SUV worth a look
By Jim on 04/14/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove several SUVs, and some lower- cost offerings like Forester. They were good, but if you're in the need of large-ish SUV, take a Traverse for a test drive, I was sold. It's very comfortable, quiet and nimble for it's size. High-end powertrain and engineering all around. Great for larger families and if you rate safety high on the list.

Wife Loves It, Period!
By Rye Man Vtown on 04/14/09 12:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I drive a VW Jetta and a Maxima and we needed to buy a SUV (NOo!!). But, our first baby is due in September and we needed a family car. So we went off and test numerous SUVs; Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Infinity FX35, Mazda CX-9 and Nissan Murano. All most of them had the same options and features, but somehow the Chevy Traverse stood out from all of them. First, the design was eye catching (Generally I don't like the look of Chevy cars) sexy and aggressive at the same time; Second, the features where all comparable or even better than the other top-end models of the other manufactures I mention above. Finally, the price and interest rate from Chevy BEAT all competitors. GO USA!!

Lovinitsofar
By P&A on 04/08/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Two months old so can't speak for reliability. Love everything so far for our first chevy. Very roomy, feels expensive compared to old Jeep Cherokee we replaced. Good pick up speed, fairly quiet, very smooth, handles well. First tank of gas 16 mpg city with a few quick accelerations. We tested, Hyundai Veracruz, Kia Sorento and Borrego, and GMC Acadia. Chose Traverse over Acadia due to looks, price, and Edmunds reviews. Daughter loves hooking up PS2 and playing video games w/ rear DVD. We love the headphones she uses so we can play our satellite radio while she plays games or watches movies. I'm 5'7" 215lbs and fit comfortably in 3rd row. I will review again in about 6 months.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*