2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Chevy Traverse LS
By eric_okc on 04/15/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a new company vehicle for me and I put on a lot of miles while driving for work. This is a solid built vehicle with a smooth and strong engine. It provides good acceleration from a standstill or passing on a highway. It has a great amount of cargo space and it very easy to fold down the 2nd and 3rd row seats. The interior design is very refined with clean lines and symmetry. The feel and quality of the plastics and leather seem of higher quality than previous Chevys. The Traverse has a commanding presence its height gives you a good view of your surroundings.

Best Chevy in a long, long time....
By waveho on 04/15/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had about a week now, but immediately took on a 7-hour each-way trip over Easter to visit family. Very good driving vehicle. Quality seems very high. Engine is more than adequate, even though we moved from our beloved 02 Suburban. Seats on all three levels are better and roomier than the much bigger 'Burb! Not quite the road presence as the 'Burb, but what else does? Air conditioned seats should be standard on all cars! They are just wonderful. Rear entertainment system w/wireless headphones a total necessity for the two boys in the back. First time for them; they loved them. Navigation hiccuped a few times, and I'm hopeful the dealership will address this. Good traction.

Nice change from a family van
By cpannarbor on 04/15/09 10:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our Mazda MPV for the Traverse. Out kids have adjusted to losing the sliding doors and really like the car. Mommy and Daddy love the car. It has great handling and acceleration. There is plenty of storage and too many great features to list.

Great vehicle, an SUV worth a look
By Jim on 04/14/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove several SUVs, and some lower- cost offerings like Forester. They were good, but if you're in the need of large-ish SUV, take a Traverse for a test drive, I was sold. It's very comfortable, quiet and nimble for it's size. High-end powertrain and engineering all around. Great for larger families and if you rate safety high on the list.

Wife Loves It, Period!
By Rye Man Vtown on 04/14/09 12:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I drive a VW Jetta and a Maxima and we needed to buy a SUV (NOo!!). But, our first baby is due in September and we needed a family car. So we went off and test numerous SUVs; Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Infinity FX35, Mazda CX-9 and Nissan Murano. All most of them had the same options and features, but somehow the Chevy Traverse stood out from all of them. First, the design was eye catching (Generally I don't like the look of Chevy cars) sexy and aggressive at the same time; Second, the features where all comparable or even better than the other top-end models of the other manufactures I mention above. Finally, the price and interest rate from Chevy BEAT all competitors. GO USA!!

Lovinitsofar
By P&A on 04/08/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Two months old so can't speak for reliability. Love everything so far for our first chevy. Very roomy, feels expensive compared to old Jeep Cherokee we replaced. Good pick up speed, fairly quiet, very smooth, handles well. First tank of gas 16 mpg city with a few quick accelerations. We tested, Hyundai Veracruz, Kia Sorento and Borrego, and GMC Acadia. Chose Traverse over Acadia due to looks, price, and Edmunds reviews. Daughter loves hooking up PS2 and playing video games w/ rear DVD. We love the headphones she uses so we can play our satellite radio while she plays games or watches movies. I'm 5'7" 215lbs and fit comfortably in 3rd row. I will review again in about 6 months.

Consider me a fan!
By Jason on 04/08/09 07:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my Traverse for a few weeks, and have put 700 miles on it. So far, it's been everything that I've expected, and I expected great things. There is plenty of room for my family of four (2 yr old and 7 mo old). Sliding the 2nd row seats back as far as they go gives a ton of room to get the kids in and out of their car seats. The cargo room behind the 3rd row fits our ginormous double stroller with no issues. I get 22-24 MPG on the hwy and 19 overall. Not bad, but I feel it could be better. The roof rack cross rails whistle terribly above 50MPH (I've removed them since). The 3rd row would be a tight fit for 3 average size adults, little head and hip room (I'm 5'9" 189lbs).

Bad Tires
By Concern driver on 04/05/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased a Traverse. We are extremely happy with the vehicle, but last night while driving in the interstate one of the tires split in half while going 70 miles per hour. We are extremely concern with the quality of the factory tires in this vehicle.The tire was melting as I was exchanging it. To replace a tire is one of the most challenging task you will perform. The tools included are not the best for the job. Our main concern is the safety of our family and we are not sure with the tires on the vehicle. It remind us of 8 years ago when Firestone had to replace a lot of tires because of safety reasons, just after few lives were lost. Chevy, please look into this matter.

Love My Traverse
By L.A on 04/04/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this car! The ride is quiet and smooth , it has plenty of space, cargo and storage areas. The gas is not 33 mpg but it is decent for a vehicle in its class. I feel safe in this vehicle with all of the safety options installed. I love the exterior. The traverse has a classy yet sassy look. I have 2nd row captains chairs which w/o the console makes the interior look even bigger. I am very pleased with this vehicle.

Very Nice!!
By Lance on 04/01/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had a Dodge Minivan and wanted something different. We looked at Dodge Journey, Jeep Commander, and the new Minivans and decided that the Traverse felt the best to drive and was the sharpest looking.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in NJ is:

$209 per month*