2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
satisfied
By larry on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 1 year. No problems except standard maintenance.

Eats coil packs like a fatty eats donuts
By Allan Elder on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this car initially; the best interior layout in its class bar none. Captain's chairs in the back, leather, DVD with Bose 5.1 surround. After 9000 miles we took it back to the dealer for a hesitation issue; they investigated and found nothing up. The Hesitation issue became worse and worse; on the third visit @ 18K miles they replaced the coil pack on cylinder #1. At 32K miles, they just replaced it again for the same issue.

I love the Traverse
By Mrs. Smitty on 07/18/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had to chime in and defend my Traverse. We have had the car for one year now and we love it. It's a very comfortable and quiet ride. We have not experienced any of the rear end noises others seems to be having. We have two kids and a dog and love the flexibility of the seating - we can haul 5 kids and a dog, or a bunch of lumber. The sun roof is a nice feature although we don't use as much as I thought we would because of the noise and wind (we do a lot of highway driving). My husband and to talk me into an SUV - but I'm glad that he did. We test drove the Flex and some other vehicles similar to the Traverse and found the Traverse to offer to most style and value for our money.

Yes GM can build a great vehicle
By Rob on 04/21/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car has plenty of interior room, looks great, excellent quality. Drives tight, stops quickly. I would recommend this to anyone wanting seating for 5 plus and wanting a good driving, cool looking and great on gas mileage this is the car for you.

Whinning noise
By mmrando8 on 02/25/10 13:15 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd trip back to dealer for whining noise under the hood. Purged the power steering lines the first time; didn't work. Took it back today and they have now replaced the steering rack. Seems there are some problems. Also had whining noise coming from steering column but after reading another blog, I'm guessing that noise will be gone as well. Going to get it now. Will let you know more tomorrow. Absolutely love this car though. Super fun to drive, roomy on the inside.

I Love My Car
By Farm Girl on 02/16/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2LT Traverse for over a year now and am still LOVING it!! It's way fun to drive and plenty roomy inside. No complaints about quality or reliability at all. My mpg is averaging 18-19 even though I drive like a hellion on twisty-turny country roads. If my hubby drives on longer trips, he'll get 22-23 mpg. I had a Ford Edge before this and its EPA estimates were the same, but it got better mileage in real life. I had the jerky tranny problem too for a long time, but at 20,000 miles it seems to have smoothed out nicely. I had trouble with the headrests also, but fixed it by raising them as high as they'll go. Oh, and the storage on the dash is perfect for sunglasses!

Great Car!
By DOzmore on 01/06/10 08:19 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Traverse. The 7 seats are so versatile and I use them all. The leather interior is easy to clean and keep clean. I really love to drive it, very comfortable - especially on road trips. There's so much room in the back! I really love this car.

Tire Chains Not Allowed
By BRYCE W KOPPER on 12/21/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love our 2009 Traverse but if you don't live in the mountains where chains are sometimes required you don't realize the problem you will encounter. Tire chains will not work on the Traverse which could pose quite a problem if you want to go skiing and you're not allowed to go up the mountain because the stupid vehicle was built so you can't use chains. What does GM expect? To be pulled up the mountain by a team of donkeys? I'm sorely disappointed with this flaw.

Great SUV!
By M. Cleveland on 10/02/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in an '06 Cadillac DTS; this rides every bit as smooth. Retired, but wanted the room to haul things - it's sort of our "car/truck". Lots of cargo space. Love the Bose sound system, great bass! Remote rear hatch is convenient & the fact we can change it to manual which allows us to open in the garage. The head rests were uncomfortable but just turned them around and they're fine. Cup holders are nice size; storage areas are adequate. Fuel economy is good considering my DH doesn't do gradual stops and tends to lead foot on take off; even then we're getting avg. 20 mpg city/hwy. A 75 mi. trip of 60 & 75 mph combined, averaged 26mpg. and a 158 mi hilly day trip-avg'd 22 mpg.

Good All Around Crossover
By Nick on 08/24/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This fun-to-drive crossover has it all for a small family that will expand! Captain's chairs in second row perfect for a child seat, third row perfect for driving family around with your kids! Drives like a car with great acceleration for a heavy vehicle. All you would need with a family in back. Punch it and there's a bit of torque- steer. Not recommended with family in car! Bose stereo is great and all controls easy to navigate. Remote rear hatch very helpful and very good storage with third-row seats down. With a full car, good idea to purchase storage container for top of vehicle or extra storage on the hitch. Overall very satisfied with vehicle's mpg, 18 city, 25 hwy. Rview camera a +.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*