2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV 3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Ridiculous piece of trash
By sherrypisces on 10/22/14 14:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Traverse used last year and it was exactly what I wanted and needed for my family. Well, from the beginning I had problems with the car. I was experiencing a stalling type of drive. I would be driving along and all of a sudden the car would jerk and go extremely slow almost killing myself and my family. At times the vehicle would jerk and lose all power and shut off in the middle of the highway, street, anywhere! I have put so much money into this vehicle that I am embarrassed to say. I don't know what to do or who to contact because this is not a safe vehicle. Do Not, I repeat, Do Not purchase the 2009 Chevy Traverse EVER!

Horrible 2009 Traverse
By aburgener on 10/06/14 07:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the Traverse for about 2 years and just on Friday I was driving down a 4 lane highway and it didn't want to shift. Barely, made it home alive and took it to the auto center. They informed me they would not work on it because it would happen again and so when I tried to move it, it would not go in reverse. We have had problems with the power steering and 3 recalls on it. Something is wrong with the 2009 version of this car. My brother had the same problem and when we were at the repair shop the owner said his sister had the same problem. We are getting another estimate because the first one said it was the transmission... if you have money for lots of repair go for it.

2009 Traverse
By tigger68 on 01/08/12 18:41 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our traverse in June 2009 and I had one problem with a computer about a year ago. Then October 2011 came around and our check engine light came on. It was something I don't remember. We took it to the dealer and it was the timing chain and it had been recalled. They had the car for 10 days. Then we had the car back one day and I was driving home from work and it started smoking. We attempted to drive to dealer and did not make it. A transmission clamp broke. they fixed it and then we got it back. We had it back in 4 days. The fixed and have had some hesitation and now transmission module is out? Now back we go again! Dealer has been working with us at least!

Wish I hit reverse before buying Traverse
By mom2x2 on 11/28/11 20:12 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been into the dealership 13 times in the past 2 months...nothing but issues with engine and powersteering. Was happy with car but this has thrown me over the edge. Do not feel comfortable driving my family of six in this vehicle. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. BEWARE

Traverse is junk !
By Chris Robinson on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For the past 6 mos, have had nothing but trouble. First the dealer said nothing was wrong. When check engine light came on, they had my car for 3 weeks straight. Then timing chain problem turned into transmission problems. Now, you cant accelerate quickly because the tires spin. So much for traction control. the dealer has replaced the software in my transmission 3-4 times now. i would NOT recommend this garbage of a vehicle to anyone. It's no wonder GM went bankrupt, because their customer service really blows. I have spoken to GM numerous times about these issues, but they don't seem to care. Looks like my GM buying days are over.

Problems
By chase on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at all crossovers before buying the vehicle and decided we liked it best. Then the problems came. We have had it in the shop 4 times now. First one of the rear seatbelt latches was broke. Then on a trip to the beach the driver lumbar went out with it inflated all the way. That was comfortable! A couple of months later check engine light came on took it to the shop and after everyone in the world looked at it they determined the timing chains had been stretched. Don't really know if thats possible. Currently its in the shop for the engine skipping while driving of coarse it never does it when they drive it. Wish I could trade it. Who knows what will be next.

Same Old GM- Junk
By Dave on 09/03/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle and all I can say is I am officially done with American cars, especially GM. This vehicle has been a problem since the day we bought it. The salesman demoed the fold down seat and it split. They tried to restitch it rather than replace it because GM would not replace it. Window motor problems, trans problems, electrical problems and all we get is grief from the crappy service department and GM. We bought the stain protection for the interior and we are now arguing because they have tried to get two stains out that wont come out but nobody (GM or the chemical supplier) wants to eat the price off all new seat covers. Never again, stay away from GM

1 year and quite happy
By Gfi on 07/07/10 20:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With about 13,000 miles, have not been back to dealer except for oil changes. Still very tight with no rattles. The car is very comfortable around town and on the highway. I get 24.7 on road at 72 mph. Around town, I get 20-21. Not bad for a comfortable, roomy, safe vehicle. I remain happy with this domestic car after more than 20 years of Hondas and Toyotas.

Back pain from seats
By Frank on 06/05/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drove this traverse for the first time from NY. To Florida taking the family to Disney and was very uncomfortable because the head rest is bent forward and the only way to get the head rest to align at proper angle is by reclining the back of the seat to an over relaxed recline. Anyway the day after arriving my back went out and I couldn't even stand up. Vac ruined. Just drove the car yesterday for 20 minutes and my back hurts today as I write. Also dealer sticker says 17 -24 mpg we avg 12.5 mpg city- on Disney trip 2400 miles round trip we avg 16.7 all highway. GM is deceitful, buy Ford.

Passenger side Power window
By Wykke on 03/05/10 17:35 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing my 2009 traverse, I noticed the passenger side Power window going up slower than the other windows, also making a groaning sound as if it might not make it all the way closed. I took it to dealer and they said it was the power regulator and that they would order one. When it came in, I had the regulator rplaced. This did not help the problem. I went back and this time they said that the window was out of alignment and they aligned and lubed it. This still did not help they problem so I took it back again. this time, they said that it was normal for the window to operate slower and make a moaning noise. I still have the problem and will let my lawyer solve the problem.