Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Pass Lock Engages
By Chevy H8r

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The First time this happened My key Broke in the ignition. after a week the PassLock system engaged. I towed my car to Huntington Chevrolet because I was Only allowed 25 miles or so. They Charged me $750 to replace the Lock Cylinder and my remote start didn't work anymore. they said they didn't
cover the remote start and Robert Chevrolet was responsible for that only if they put it in. in which they did. yet they still weren't responsible that Huntington was because they played with the ignition.
that was last year. now my car is Locked Out and I can't start it once again. have no Idea how to start it. i'm probably going to have to tow it to a dealer so they can reset it. and figure out how to by pass the pass lock wich voids warrantee but I won't have to pay the dealer a couple hundred every year to reset the lock system. I get 14mpg. constantly carrying tools so its sluggish going up hill. electric mirrors, blue tooth and all my electronics either don't work or don't function properly all the time. and the AC only takes in outside air. so if I'm behind a school bus in the rain. and need the defroster on my car smells like diesel exhaust and I have a baby in the car and I have to go through a dirty wheel well to change the blinker from under the car. it because of this car that I HATE CHEVY.

STEER CLEAR OF THIS VEHICLE!
By Chevy Junk!

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At first, I LOVED this car. Smooth ride, lots of room, pretty decent gas mileage. Four years later, all radio speakers, except the small one in the dash, stopped working, unless the outside temperature was at least 85 degrees. After calling Heritage Chevrolet in Chester, Va 3 times to get an appointment, I was told there was a short in the speakers. This affected the On-Star, back up alarm, and turn signal volumes. Heritage said to replace the radio, it would cost $750!!!! No radio is worth all that. Maybe when the radio catches fire, Chevy will do something about it! So I lived with no radio 9 months out of the year. Now, after the warranty expires by 8 months, but much less than 100,000 miles, a plate in the transmission breaks causing the car not to change gears. Repair costs....$4500!!!!! Again, Chevrolet will not help with the repair costs. Never again will I buy a Chevrolet product. Poorly made parts only last a few years. I have bought 2 cars from Heritage, one of which we paid cash for, but never again. They do not stand behind their product because they know it is JUNK! And adding insult to injury, my independent mechanic tells me that the power steering will need to be replaced very soon. JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!!!!!

2009 chevy traverse
By mimi29

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

had the car for 2 yrs at first i loved it ran great until i reached 57,000 miles and now i need a new engine. i went to chevy to have them fix it and they wouldn't because my warranty ran out 3 days before it happened. i was in the drive thru buying food and it kept smoking and wouldnt drive. i tried to break and nothing worked including steering with kids in the car its going to cost $5,000 to fix. im highly upset about this vehicle had a jeep Cherokee before this and it lasted 9 yrs never had a big problem.

POS
By Ruby Break

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Absolute worst car ever. Ever. Replaced transmission at 90,000 miles. Now at 110,000 it needs new belts for $2500. They need to take the engine out. Valves shot. GM should never be allowed to sell another vehicle again. DO NOT EVER BUY ANOTHER GM UNTIL THEY FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A CAR. Worst value ever. Horrible company; horrible car.

check engine light
By john

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

purchased the 2009 traverse two weeks ago second day the check engine light came on , the code reads pt 301 #1 cylinder miss fire . so now its at the dealers and after two days they still can't find the problem, we are sick because now we have no car