Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

satisfied
By larry

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 1 year. No problems except standard maintenance.

Favorite Features

Comfort and ride. great on trips with 7 people in vehcle. Double moon roofs are nice. Acceleration is decent for this size vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage could be better but it is a big vehicle so it is good for the size. I get 18mpg around town and 22mpg to 23mpg on the road. I do not like the location of the battery which under floorboard behind the passenger seat. Interior could be of a better quality.

Eats coil packs like a fatty eats donuts
By Allan Elder

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this car initially; the best interior layout in its class bar none. Captain's chairs in the back, leather, DVD with Bose 5.1 surround. After 9000 miles we took it back to the dealer for a hesitation issue; they investigated and found nothing up. The Hesitation issue became worse and worse; on the third visit @ 18K miles they replaced the coil pack on cylinder #1. At 32K miles, they just replaced it again for the same issue.

Favorite Features

Interior layout gives functional amounts of space when the back seat is up; cavernous when it is down.

Suggested Improvements

An engine that doesn't eat coil packs would be too much to ask, I guess.

I love the Traverse
By Mrs. Smitty

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had to chime in and defend my Traverse. We have had the car for one year now and we love it. It's a very comfortable and quiet ride. We have not experienced any of the rear end noises others seems to be having. We have two kids and a dog and love the flexibility of the seating - we can haul 5 kids and a dog, or a bunch of lumber. The sun roof is a nice feature although we don't use as much as I thought we would because of the noise and wind (we do a lot of highway driving). My husband and to talk me into an SUV - but I'm glad that he did. We test drove the Flex and some other vehicles similar to the Traverse and found the Traverse to offer to most style and value for our money.

Favorite Features

Deep console storage, able to flip down some of all of seats, back hatch opens and closes with touch of button on key fab or on hatch.

Suggested Improvements

The rear bucket seats could be more comfortable - they should be able to recline a little. Makes it hard to snooze on long trips.

Yes GM can build a great vehicle
By Rob

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car has plenty of interior room, looks great, excellent quality. Drives tight, stops quickly. I would recommend this to anyone wanting seating for 5 plus and wanting a good driving, cool looking and great on gas mileage this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage, fit and finish, braking.

Whinning noise
By mmrando8

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd trip back to dealer for whining noise under the hood. Purged the power steering lines the first time; didn't work. Took it back today and they have now replaced the steering rack. Seems there are some problems. Also had whining noise coming from steering column but after reading another blog, I'm guessing that noise will be gone as well. Going to get it now. Will let you know more tomorrow. Absolutely love this car though. Super fun to drive, roomy on the inside.

Favorite Features

Pick-up; rear camera; 7 passenger seating; power lift gate;

Suggested Improvements

Better second row seat handles to move them with; make the second row seats removable. This feature is great on long trips with long-legged teens. More power outlets. Black metallic paint is very susceptible to chips. Need more durable clearcoat.