Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

many many issues
By nomoregm4me3

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

we have own the traverse since its release. we have had timing chain issues, transmission issues, A/C issues, and power steering issues. keep an extended warranty or get ready to fork over some cash for poor design, and poor workmanship.

Favorite Features

size/seating capability. but now that the AC doesnt work, taking the family anywhere is mute.

Suggested Improvements

keep the body style, scrap everything else

Wish I would have waited for reviews
By teyjay

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car new off the lot in 2009. I have had numerous problems with this car since i bought it. Starting with the air conditioning knob which until this day has not been fixed because they can not duplicate the problem. The next would be the trip i took right after we got the car and the water pump blew which left my family of six sitting in the middle of no where with no cell phone access in 90+ degree weather. The car can not stop on a small hill without rolling back. But the one that i am dealing with now is the transmission. The car will not shift into gear, it shuts down on the freeway. It's going back in the shop yet again. Do not waste your hard earned money on this car!

Favorite Features

Spacious, looks good from the outside.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, uncomfortable seating, tires, power steering, air conditioning unit, and many, many more..

Minivan in disguise
By tvaleri

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 2009 for two years. Just sold last week. Hallelujah! Nonetheless, the Traverse drives and handles like a minivan. The plastic around and on the doors interior was already beginning to wear. Wires to a box located under driver's seat were loose and caused the "service airbag" light to display. Worst of all, there is no spare on the LS model. Instead, Chevy equips this vehicle with a mini air pump and some flat tire fixer. Not cool if the tire has a hole in it. The middle row of seats vibrated horribly. The 3rd row wasn't an issue. Glad to be rid of it. No more American made cars for me.

Favorite Features

Hidden compartment in back; console in dash; sliding second row; privacy glass; lots of air vents.

Suggested Improvements

Address shaking of second row. Spare tire on all models.

Love/Hate relationship
By mdr

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love my Traverse! Except the fact that it has been in the shop over 4 weeks this year. Timing chains(stretched) replaced twice, timing chain tensioners (weak) replaced, emission problem fixed, fuel injector fixed, shrill high pitched noise when radio/cd/dvd is on that tech can't seem to duplicate. Feel I have a lemon but really love my Traverse when it is running decently! Just do not feel I can rely on it. :~(

Favorite Features

sporty, not your mother's mini-van

Suggested Improvements

center console takes us too much space, could have much more storage instead. Needs to be more reliable!

Like it but I dont love it
By Daphne

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my certified 2009 Traverse. I am already thinking it's time to unload the truck. I think I need to purchase a 2010. The truck is making a whining noise that sounds like the power steering. I also noticed that the brakes tried to lock up this weekend. Last but not least, the dealership has inspected my car 2xs already. Today, will be the third time. This is costing me time and money. I haven't received my tags yet and the 30 day tags they issued expire tomorrow. I think its time to stop being nice. I do like the ride, the room and I'm proud to drive and American made vehicle.

Favorite Features

Drive, cargo space and the room.

Suggested Improvements

improve quality