Used 2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Avoid GM Trash Talk
By silencedogoode

2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Trailblazer was the worst road commode I have ever owned. The quality at GM sucks. At 5k mi the trans. slipped. At 8k mi the heater core plugged, and 10k,,,heater core again. Dexcool was eating the seals. At 13k mi, the engine suddenly locked up, after a tow, the dealer told me the eng. was blown. GM at first would not honor the warranty,,,no surprise with Obama at the helm. Squeaks, rattles, loose, and cheap plastic trim, everywhere you look, I was disgusted. I drove this mechanical [violative content deleted] to a Subaru dealer, and bought an 09' Outback LL Bean. Wow! What a difference.

Favorite Features

It's now 2011, and 24k mi later, my Outback is the best thing thats ever happened to me. I have done nothing to this car but put gas in it, and change the oil. It is extremely sure footed on the snow, the GM system sucks at this too. Subaru has far outpaced GM in the AWD segment, and left them clinging to the edge of the toilet bowl in quality. [violative content deleted].

Suggested Improvements

Close the doors at GM. Pretend it never happened. Fondly remember the classics of the 50's and 60's they made, and move on down the road of life without anymore democrats in the driver seat.

Super Sweet Ride
By superspeed

2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck a month and a half ago after test driving everything from Audi A5's to Infiniti FX35/45's to 2010 Camaro SS. My Trailblazer SS with 3SS package blows them all away. With the exception of how much time I spend at the gas station is not important because similar to other reviews, you do not buy this truck for the gas mileage. Amazing ride. Will take a Grand Chverokee SRT8 off the line and see them in the rearview in a couple of seconds. Most Mustangs GT's dont have a chance. Touch screen Nav with Bose stereo and dual climate are a nice touch. No complaints whatsoever. If you are looking for a conventional suv but aren't ready to make the move this is definitely the way to go

Favorite Features

Whiplash speed.... Touchscreen nav. Bose stereo. 20 inch rims. Body style, very comfortable leather w/ suede. When windows are closed, you cannot hear anything outside. It's like being in a soundproof music studio. Crank the Bose and its like being at a concert.

Suggested Improvements

Being 6'3" I only wish the seats could go down a bit more to provide a little more head room.