Used 2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Avoid GM Trash Talk
By silencedogoode

2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Trailblazer was the worst road commode I have ever owned. The quality at GM sucks. At 5k mi the trans. slipped. At 8k mi the heater core plugged, and 10k,,,heater core again. Dexcool was eating the seals. At 13k mi, the engine suddenly locked up, after a tow, the dealer told me the eng. was blown. GM at first would not honor the warranty,,,no surprise with Obama at the helm. Squeaks, rattles, loose, and cheap plastic trim, everywhere you look, I was disgusted. I drove this mechanical [violative content deleted] to a Subaru dealer, and bought an 09' Outback LL Bean. Wow! What a difference.

Favorite Features

It's now 2011, and 24k mi later, my Outback is the best thing thats ever happened to me. I have done nothing to this car but put gas in it, and change the oil. It is extremely sure footed on the snow, the GM system sucks at this too. Subaru has far outpaced GM in the AWD segment, and left them clinging to the edge of the toilet bowl in quality. [violative content deleted].

Suggested Improvements

Close the doors at GM. Pretend it never happened. Fondly remember the classics of the 50's and 60's they made, and move on down the road of life without anymore democrats in the driver seat.

SS Rocks!
By MidnightMike

2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Well this is my second TBSS. My first one in Red Jewel was stolen. While waiting for the insurance claim to come in, our rental was a 2009 Ford Flex. I have always been a GM guy, and I need the room for my dj equipment, and the Flex really impressed me, but I happened to be in a Chevy dealership, and noticed a black one on the floor. I fell in love all over again. This one stays in the garage now. I bought wife a Mazda3 to take to the train station. She's happy, and I'm happy, and the SS is safer.

Favorite Features

Room, power, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Aux. jack for the radio, and remote start, but that's a moot point now, since they don't make them anymore.

Super Sweet Ride
By superspeed

2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck a month and a half ago after test driving everything from Audi A5's to Infiniti FX35/45's to 2010 Camaro SS. My Trailblazer SS with 3SS package blows them all away. With the exception of how much time I spend at the gas station is not important because similar to other reviews, you do not buy this truck for the gas mileage. Amazing ride. Will take a Grand Chverokee SRT8 off the line and see them in the rearview in a couple of seconds. Most Mustangs GT's dont have a chance. Touch screen Nav with Bose stereo and dual climate are a nice touch. No complaints whatsoever. If you are looking for a conventional suv but aren't ready to make the move this is definitely the way to go

Favorite Features

Whiplash speed.... Touchscreen nav. Bose stereo. 20 inch rims. Body style, very comfortable leather w/ suede. When windows are closed, you cannot hear anything outside. It's like being in a soundproof music studio. Crank the Bose and its like being at a concert.

Suggested Improvements

Being 6'3" I only wish the seats could go down a bit more to provide a little more head room.

Amazing
By wallen

2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my tb SS for about 4 months now and am loving every moment. I was a little skeptical at first b/c the SS has been out for almost 4 years now and hasn't had all the new GM updates, but the engine makes it well worth it. The symphonic sound of the engine when the car is floored is just amazing. Fuel economy stinks, but hey, don't buy the car if that is what you are looking for. Also great because you get all the power, and the space. And not to mention, its an eye catcher. 20" really make the car. They really pop on the dark red. If you want the vehicle, find one and buy it b/c they are discontinued after this year

Favorite Features

POWER, looks, roominess, verrrryyy comfortable captains and passenger seats with the suede inserts. pretty good sound system but could be better.

Suggested Improvements

put all the new GM updates such as, remote start, rearview camera with the sensors, 6 disc changer WITH the nav. you can't listen to a CD and have the nav working at the same time--or have the choice of an IPOD adap. Fix the air suspension problems.