The Comfort of a Luxury Vehicle
By Sailingsoon on
2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
We purchased this vehicle new for $18K when GM was offering great rebates- what a bargain! In 2003 we purchased a TB for my daughter and were impressed by the ride and ease of parking and handling. The reliability of her TB was OK, but not stellar. In 90,000 miles she had to have the fan clutch replaced, a passenger side power window replaced at her cost and had some initial warranty problems with door seals and taillights. I read where GM later changed the type of fan clutch and solved that problem.
Favorite Features
Smooth ride, better than most luxury cars. This is the easiest vehicle to park in tight places we have ever owned. My wife and daughter love to drive this vehicle. OnStar is a great safety feature that gives added security on out of town trips and came free for 1yr. Towing package came standard.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is not great, but what was expected (16-17 city, 22 on mostly interstate trips). However, I have a boat and trailer and like the towing capacity and performance. Would not want to give this up for a little better mileage. The base model radio is marginal. Overall, GM canned a winner.